PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket?

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 12:18 AM
The last time I had White Sox season tickets (in Comiskey Park) they didn't have this "ticket exchange" for unused tickets which is an excellent idea by the way (gotta give Jerry and the suits in marketing credit :thumbsup: ).

Anyway here are my two questions which hopefully can be answered by the experienced crew at WSI?

1. When does form usually come out for the available games?

2. Do you need to mail in the physical tickets? I noticed on "ticket manager" they show you what games the tickets were used and what games were not (for last year's post season). If you gave someone the physical tickets and they do not use the for whatever reason, can you go online and print out the unused tickets and mail them in? Or are they deactivated once the game is played?

Since the White Sox know which tickets were used and which were not, you shouldn't have to mail a form in. For that matter, the ballpark should have one ticket booth that can handle day of the game exchanges of old tickets with the agents using the ticketholder's account information to determine which tickets were used and unused and cash in the unused ones - you wouldn't even need the tickets (for scanning) - just a photo ID to prove you are the rightful owner of the season ticket account.

Anyway, hopefully someone here nos, I mean knows the procedure and if you need to mail in actual tickets or if you can print up unused tickets from your account after the game. Maybe I'll email Brooks about my day of the game exchange / season ticket account holder database idea.

SoxFan78
02-16-2006, 10:03 AM
I'll try and answer your questions, but my experience was only from last year, who knows if they have changed the rules for this year.

1. When does form usually come out for the available games?

2. Do you need to mail in the physical tickets? I noticed on "ticket manager" they show you what games the tickets were used and what games were not (for last year's post season). If you gave someone the physical tickets and they do not use the for whatever reason, can you go online and print out the unused tickets and mail them in? Or are they deactivated once the game is played?

Since the White Sox know which tickets were used and which were not, you shouldn't have to mail a form in. For that matter, the ballpark should have one ticket booth that can handle day of the game exchanges of old tickets with the agents using the ticketholder's account information to determine which tickets were used and unused and cash in the unused ones - you wouldn't even need the tickets (for scanning) - just a photo ID to prove you are the rightful owner of the season ticket account.

1. You will get the season ticket exchange form when your receive your season tickets. The sox usually have about 20 games you can exchange for. You can't exchange your tickets to any game you want, just the certain number the sox designate as "tradeable" games.

2. You do need to mail in the physical tickets, and you cannot mail in the tickets until AFTER the game has been played. You will mail in your unused tickets with the form requesting a game, then the Sox will send you out tickets to your requested game.

Also, you cannot bring your unused tickets to the box office and exchange them there, they must be sent in.

It wasnt bad for me last year. I used the service twice and I got half way to st. patty's day tickets and also some twins tickets.

Hope I helped.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I'll try and answer your questions, but my experience was only from last year, who knows if they have changed the rules for this year.

1. You will get the season ticket exchange form when your receive your season tickets. The sox usually have about 20 games you can exchange for. You can't exchange your tickets to any game you want, just the certain number the sox designate as "tradeable" games.

2. You do need to mail in the physical tickets, and you cannot mail in the tickets until AFTER the game has been played. You will mail in your unused tickets with the form requesting a game, then the Sox will send you out tickets to your requested game.

Also, you cannot bring your unused tickets to the box office and exchange them there, they must be sent in.

It wasnt bad for me last year. I used the service twice and I got half way to st. patty's day tickets and also some twins tickets.

Hope I helped.

Thanks for the help. It is too bad if you gave tickets to someone but they decided not to use them that you have to get the tickets back and then mail them in. The White Sox have the information whether the tickets are used or not - the season ticket holder has the same information (in the account manager online).

It would be awesome if you could do this exchange via your account manager. I know the White Sox rather sell the tickets as opposed to exchange them and will try to add some level of difficulty - otherwise many will not use April / May games they can't / don't want to attend and in effect move portions of their tickets to games in the summer - tickets which the White Sox are more likely to cell, I mean sell.

Anyway, thanks again.

Steelrod
02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but the exchange is based on best tickets available, with the key word being available.
Could end up being a problem due to sellouts, especially later in the year, when we're in a pennant race.

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but the exchange is based on best tickets available, with the key word being available.
Could end up being a problem due to sellouts, especially later in the year, when we're in a pennant race.The exchange was a free exchange for UD tickets or half off for LD tickets. The games were generally picked to be low demand games, so I'd anticipate that there will be tickets available. Generally the last exchange date of the year gets heavy demand since it's a use-it-or-lose-it situation. I'll bet half the exchanged tickets never get used.

ewokpelts
02-16-2006, 12:30 PM
The exchange was a free exchange for UD tickets or half off for LD tickets. The games were generally picked to be low demand games, so I'd anticipate that there will be tickets available. Generally the last exchange date of the year gets heavy demand since it's a use-it-or-lose-it situation. I'll bet half the exchanged tickets never get used.i always end up with a few exchanged tix that are unused, but i was also able to exchange unused tix from groups and the ozzie/minnie plans(i'm a 27 game holder, and had the ability to exchange tix)....it worked out in the end.....
Gene