PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm worried about parking!

comiskey2000
02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
The recent posts about the new parking policies have made me nervous. I always arrive 1.5 to 2 hours before the game and go to any lot I want with cash. But is it right that they are restricting lots to reserved red/green passes? And even now I can not buy a parking pass to the 4/4 game? Yes there is a price to winning but parking should remain the way its always been.

Daver
02-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I have never paid to park at a Sox game.

There is plenty of street parking on the side streets east of State.

Chisox003
02-15-2006, 08:33 PM
The recent posts about the new parking policies have made me nervous. I always arrive 1.5 to 2 hours before the game and go to any lot I want with cash. But is it right that they are restricting lots to reserved red/green passes? And even now I can not buy a parking pass to the 4/4 game? Yes there is a price to winning but parking should remain the way its always been.
Well I'm not sure about fans, but something has to change for parking in sold out games for employees.

Last year, we had to park at McCormick Place and catch a bus to the park, or walk, which is absolutely ridiculous.

HotelWhiteSox
02-15-2006, 08:35 PM
What's changed? There's always been advanced parking and specific lots for these, and there have been sold out games before. Am I missing something?

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM

Are you insane? That neighborhood is terrible!:redneck

I think we will see a lot more people parking over there in '06.

Stoky44
02-15-2006, 09:52 PM

Are you serious? I always have heard that the neighborhood over there was not good. I know IIT is ok, but is it ok now that most of the Rober Taylor homes are gone? I am not being a smart ass, I really don't know. I am not getting in the arguement about the area around the cell, I know that's fine, I thought though you really don't want to go East of the Ryan. Forgive my ignorance.

Chip Z'nuff
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Are you serious? I always have heard that the neighborhood over there was not good. I know IIT is ok, but is it ok now that most of the Rober Taylor homes are gone? I am not being a smart ass, I really don't know. I am not getting in the arguement about the area around the cell, I know that's fine, I thought though you really don't want to go East of the Ryan. Forgive my ignorance.

Its still pretty bad over there a couple suburban kids were killed a few weeks ago when they were trying to buy heroin and it ended up being laced w some type of cancer drug

lizard6king6
02-15-2006, 10:06 PM
CTA all the way! CTA al the way!!:bandance:
Although im sure that will be nuts this year again. It beats driving there though unless your tailgating.

champagne030
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Its still pretty bad over there a couple suburban kids were killed a few weeks ago when they were trying to buy heroin and it ended up being laced w some type of cancer drug

I cannot speak for the offseason or when the Sox are out of town, but there's a HUGE police presence when the Sox are playing.....There may still be some problems, but they go cause it somewhere else before/during/after Sox games or they know they'll be busted.

Daver
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM

I can usually find parking within a block of IIT, I have parked further east and never been assaulted, police prescence after a game is pretty heavy also.

South Side Irish
02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Does this affect tailgating at all? I've got no qualms about paying the 20 bucks for parking, but is this in jepordy for people withough green/red passes?

RedPinStripes
02-15-2006, 10:23 PM
I can usually find parking within a block of IIT, I have parked further east and never been assaulted, police prescence after a game is pretty heavy also.

Well give me the elephant gun and poisonous arrows you carry and I'll walk east of State st all night. :redneck

That area isn't bad at all as long as you're going west of the park.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 10:25 PM

What, Bridgeport? I hear that place is a war zone.

Chip Z'nuff
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
I've done the McCormick place shuttle thing during the playoffs and it actually worked out great. They had plenty of shuttles and because I entered the ryan at 55 I got in the express lanes and got home pretty fast to continue celebrating after the game.

comiskey2000
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by HotelWhiteSox
What's changed? There's always been advanced parking and specific lots for these, and there have been sold out games before. Am I missing something?

In a tickets thread they mentioned how for the sold games they would not let anyone buy anymore prepaid coupons. Then it was mentioned that cash will almost not be an option. I was wondering if anyone had details.

Daver
02-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Well give me the elephant gun and poisonous arrows you carry and I'll walk east of State st all night. :redneck

I don't carry a gun in Cook county, even though I can.

champagne030
02-15-2006, 10:44 PM
In a tickets thread they mentioned how for the sold games they would not let anyone buy anymore prepaid coupons. Then it was mentioned that cash will almost not be an option. I was wondering if anyone had details.

The plan seems to be changing almost daily. The original plan was for all prepaid parking to be north of 35th and all cash south of 35th. That plan has changed at least once in the last two weeks. I talked with my ticket rep around 11:00 this morning and he said that after sales yesteday tickets sold for the season were slightly over 2M......

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM
I talked with my ticket rep around 11:00 this morning and he said that after sales yesteday tickets sold for the season were slightly over 2M......

:o:

Over 2M already? Madness...

ChiSoxGirl
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM

I have the same concerns as you. I ALWAYS arrive at least 15 minutes before the gates open and cash parking has never been an issue for me. However, with all the season ticket packages and parking passes sold for this season, I'm concerned that even people like us who are ballpark early birds will have an issue on our hands.

doublem23
02-15-2006, 11:22 PM
It will solve all your problems...

http://www.chicago-l.org/liveries/CTAlogo2.gif

HotelWhiteSox
02-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Oh I see. Yeah, no parking available even with cash would be iffy. They'll probably give more info as the season approaches though

comiskey2000
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
If you have the money to buy season tickets, that is fine, you have the means too. But parking should be first come first serve like always. If you want to arrive 5 minutes before the game starts then you deserve to park far away. Most of us paid good money for UD seats this year. For 18 dollars of parking, let me arrive early and get a good spot. Of course nothing is official yet but this parking thing is bothering me as you can tell.

Soxfanspcu11
02-16-2006, 12:56 AM

This was a big story in NW Indiana cause some of the kids were from NW Indiana. I guess something like 12 people were killed from bad heroin, which is incredibly horrible, but if I recall correctly, the story said that they bought the heroin between 25th and 27th streets on state street. I know that people still believe that area to be "ghetto" or whatever because that's were the projects were, but I have NEVER had a problem anywhere on the east side of the expressway.

I have friends that live by 43rd and state and I go up there every now and then, and I don't have any problems.

And during baseball season, you really would have to go and look for problems because as previous posters have said, the police presence is massive.

I would be more worried about myself and my car parking around Wrigley when some jackass flubs fan sees your car and says to his fellow frat buddy, "Hey dude, watch me surf this dudes hood!!! This is gunna be awesome bro!!"

WikdChiSoxFan
02-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Why drive or even take a train or bus, when you can walk?

ilsox7
02-16-2006, 01:07 AM

Ain't that the truth! Ever since I moved back to Chicago last summer, I have loved public transportation. I gave the car to the parents and have't driven since July!

Iwritecode
02-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Why drive or even take a train or bus, when you can walk?

Not all of us live in Bridgeport...

Bobbo35
02-16-2006, 07:45 AM

north of the cell you can always find a spot as well as west too by granstand, especially at the time you are getting there.

Bobbo35
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Does this affect tailgating at all? I've got no qualms about paying the 20 bucks for parking, but is this in jepordy for people withough green/red passes?

Isn't that sad that to park you have to pay 20 dollars. Somebody is making some good money.

IlliniSox4Life
02-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Isn't that sad that to park you have to pay 20 dollars. Somebody is making some good money.

Jerry Reinsdorf is. And after giving us a World Series title, he deserves it. You have to pay for parking anywhere there is a high demand for it. That's life.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Jerry Reinsdorf is. And after giving us a World Series title, he deserves it. You have to pay for parking anywhere there is a high demand for it. That's life.

I wonder what the property taxes are on the lots. Considering they are more or less sucking money out of the organization for all but 81 days out of the year, they need to cover those costs during the games.

jenn2080
02-16-2006, 09:05 AM
It will be so nice when the season starts........

Jerko
02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
The plan seems to be changing almost daily. The original plan was for all prepaid parking to be north of 35th and all cash south of 35th. That plan has changed at least once in the last two weeks. I talked with my ticket rep around 11:00 this morning and he said that after sales yesteday tickets sold for the season were slightly over 2M......

I heard this same plan (pre-paid North, cash, South) but for the life of me I can't remember where I read that. It's changed already, huh? I also have a feeling that sooner or later, "street parking" along 33rd street is going to be eliminated or changed somehow as well. I think Jerko will be walking or CTA-ing to a lot of games this year.

Chip Z'nuff
02-16-2006, 10:13 AM

The CTA does not solve my problem as I live on the south side. Could take Metra downtown then transfer, but it's really a pain.
Or I could take the 103rd st bus east to the red, but I wouldn't feel very safe on the ride home after a few too many pepsis.

Hitmen77
02-16-2006, 10:55 AM
The CTA does not solve my problem as I live on the south side. Could take Metra downtown then transfer, but it's really a pain.
Or I could take the 103rd st bus east to the red, but I wouldn't feel very safe on the ride home after a few too many pepsis.

Is taking Metra more of a pain than dealing with traffic/parking at a sold out game at the Cell and then getting out of the Cell to drive home just in time for rush hour?

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Is taking Metra more of a pain than dealing with traffic/parking at a sold out game at the Cell and then getting out of the Cell to drive home just in time for rush hour?

Don't forget the Dan Ryan construction either. Public transportation may be the only way to fly for those coming from the south.

Chip Z'nuff
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
I've done the McCormick Place shuttle and it works good, I actually got home faster during the playoffs then I did during a few home games where I was squeezed in Lot B.
Sox Fans don't have to worry about driving home from games during rush hour since our games are at night. :cool:

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Still beats parking at the World's Largest Gay Bar!

The Wall
02-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Northwest of Puffers is gonna be ur friend this season Daver. There have been new meters and/or coin boxes for Pay n Display things going up there in a hurry.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 11:09 AM

Welcome aboard!:smokin:

:rolleyes:

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Weren't there plans to have Metra stop at 35th street? Either the Southwest line or the Rock Island line?

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome aboard!:smokin:

:rolleyes:

Thansk....I am a louisville resident who is moving back to Chicago after 2 hellish years here. No professional sports...to speak of. I have to deal with The Reds and their crappy minor league team here.

rdwj
02-16-2006, 11:16 AM
For parking, I like Cobblestones best - $10 to park and you can spend it on food or drink.

Chip Z'nuff
02-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Weren't there plans to have Metra stop at 35th street? Either the Southwest line or the Rock Island line?
Yes I can't wait! Although I still see issues as Metra only runs 1 train per hour after 6

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I used to work the parking lots there and I can tell you that we did everything we could to park as many people as we could. They will create parking spots in the lots to get as many cars parked as possible. Be patient with the parking lot guys this coming season as they deal with a lot of BS from fans.

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes I can't wait! Although I still see issues as Metra only runs 1 train per hour after 6

WEll then I guess Metra is going to have to offer some more trains!

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Fans coming from the south can always park at Midway and hop on the CTA Orange line. The Sox/CTA should set up a shuttle from the Ashland stop to Sox Park

Ol' No. 2
02-16-2006, 11:34 AM
If you have the money to buy season tickets, that is fine, you have the means too. But parking should be first come first serve like always. If you want to arrive 5 minutes before the game starts then you deserve to park far away. Most of us paid good money for UD seats this year. For 18 dollars of parking, let me arrive early and get a good spot. Of course nothing is official yet but this parking thing is bothering me as you can tell.Maybe they should do the same thing with seats - first come, first served. If you arrive 5 min before the game you should expect to sit in the nosebleed section regardless of whether you've already paid for a better seat.:rolleyes:

Hitmen77
02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
I've done the McCormick Place shuttle and it works good, I actually got home faster during the playoffs then I did during a few home games where I was squeezed in Lot B.
Sox Fans don't have to worry about driving home from games during rush hour since our games are at night. :cool:

The original question was about parking for the 4/4 game, which will be a day game.

I agree that Metra isn't real good option for night games.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
I just took a look at the latest CTA capital construction update. As part of the Red Line rehabilitation, the Dan Ryan stations are being renovated. New concrete platforms have been poured for all stations EXCEPT 35th. This work will be done "weather permitting". The CTA claims the station will be complete in "spring 2006". Who knows what actual date that is but that station could be a bit of a mess during the start of the season. On crowded games, that station already has issues with shuffling people through it. If it has reduced capacity due to construction, it could be a nightmare. The 33rd St. entrance is currently closed and the station elevator is currently out of service. The escalators are also slated to be replaced by spring 2006.

MrT27
02-16-2006, 11:48 AM
I got CTA from the Rosemont CTA. When I drive I park by ITT, always sports, evene during the Playoffs and WS

downstairs
02-16-2006, 11:54 AM
You just have to get there early.

I went to 1 ALDS, 1 ALCS and 2 WS games... that's as sold out as it ever gets. Got there a few hours early to tailgate, and I didn't have the slightest problem.

If you expect to get to a game with some 30,000+ other people, 15 minutes before the game- you're on your own.

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I've got 2 single's and 2 seats next to each other (got the ones next to eachother: sec. 544 row 12. the singlea are bad seats, will give ya secgions #'s if needed) And I have a pari for the May 19th Cubs game Sec. 509 Row ten, looking to trade forOpening Day ticketc located anywhere. If your interested just shoot me a PM
Wrong thread?

anewman35
02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I just took a look at the latest CTA capital construction update. As part of the Red Line rehabilitation, the Dan Ryan stations are being renovated. New concrete platforms have been poured for all stations EXCEPT 35th. This work will be done "weather permitting". The CTA claims the station will be complete in "spring 2006". Who knows what actual date that is but that station could be a bit of a mess during the start of the season. On crowded games, that station already has issues with shuffling people through it. If it has reduced capacity due to construction, it could be a nightmare. The 33rd St. entrance is currently closed and the station elevator is currently out of service. The escalators are also slated to be replaced by spring 2006.

I'm sure they'll do whatever they have to do to get it done before the season. A few years ago, they did a large renovation of the stadium, and IIRC it reopened the morning of opening day.

jenn2080
02-16-2006, 12:05 PM

There are parking lots by Chinatown to park in that are reasonably priced. Take the red line 2 stops. DONE AND DONE!

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 12:08 PM
There are parking lots by Chinatown to park in that are reasonably priced. Take the red line 2 stops. DONE AND DONE!
True, but they're not huge lots, and if others have the same idea you do, you could get there only to be shut out of parking.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sure they'll do whatever they have to do to get it done before the season. A few years ago, they did a large renovation of the stadium, and IIRC it reopened the morning of opening day.

But that's the Sox, not the CTA. I'm sure the CTA is aware of the upcoming season but do they have any incentive to work "around the clock" if they are behind? One would hope so but who knows...

Save McCuddy's
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I parked west of Halsted just south of 35th for most of the playoff games. Free street parking. It's a 15 minute hike to the ball park, but it gives you an opprtunity to stop at Catchers for a quick beer and Grandstand for some new apparrel. I did park on Halsted around 37th at a meter for a couple of games too. There's a laundromat on the west side of the street that spits out the quarters. The meters go off after 9:00, so you only risk the last few minutes if you're parking before 7:00 for a night game.

It's great to have these kind of problems. This is going to be one hell of a summer.

Bobbo35
02-16-2006, 12:13 PM

Ya, it's just the fact that it is 20 dollars. So what about all the times parking was 16 dollars and the lot was a quarter full?

whitesoxwin
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Red passes will be given to split and full season ticket holders and they will be directed to park north of 35th St.--Lots A, B and C--and will be passes only.
No word on Lot G...west of the train viaduct. This too, will probably be passes only.
Lot E is for suite holders and other parking that got pushed from Lot D after the premium seating seats were sold out--will be green passes. It is neither cash nor split/season ticket parking.
So, if you pay cash and want to park in the south lots, this will be in the lots south of 37th, lots F & L.
This is what I heard from the ticket office, but as most most of you know, the office has been quite vague on this and other issues---especially the updated SMOKING POLICY.

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Ya, it's just the fact that it is 20 dollars. So what about all the times parking was 16 dollars and the lot was a quarter full?
If they average 10,000 cars a game at an average of $15 per car(season parking is $13), that's around $12million in parking revenue. As long as it goes into the player salary pot, I'm OK with that.

ChiSoxGirl
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM

I went to 1 ALDS, 1 ALCS and 2 WS games... that's as sold out as it ever gets. Got there a few hours early to tailgate, and I didn't have the slightest problem.

If you expect to get to a game with some 30,000+ other people, 15 minutes before the game- you're on your own.

That's a very valid and good point. I was always there at least 2 1/2 hours before game time during the playoffs and easily got cash parking. Thanks for reminding me of that. :smile:

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM

Got to pay for the players somehow....

Funny how people complained when he wouldn't pay for players and now that we have the players and a long awaited World Series Championship, others complain about the increased cost. You want the players, you want the championships? The money has to come from somewhere.

salty99
02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
That's a very valid and good point. I was always there at least 2 1/2 hours before game time during the playoffs and easily got cash parking. Thanks for reminding me of that. :smile:

The problem comes in because even during the playoffs alot more people were doing cash parking. This year alot more will be doing coupons.

mcg
02-16-2006, 12:30 PM

But if they changed most the lots to coupons only then I don't think it matters how early you get to the game. From what people have said on here it looks like Lot L will be only cash lot and it's one of if not the smallest lot there is.

skottyj242
02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know if there will still be the eight dollar parking like two hours before the game in the lot west of the viaduct?

Pulaski
02-16-2006, 01:16 PM
I have the same concerns as you. I ALWAYS arrive at least 15 minutes before the gates open and cash parking has never been an issue for me. However, with all the season ticket packages and parking passes sold for this season, I'm concerned that even people like us who are ballpark early birds will have an issue on our hands.

Did you have an issue during the playoffs? I didn't. I parked in Lot G for every home playoff game. If you arrive at the times you have in the past, you will not have an issue.

Pulaski
02-16-2006, 01:21 PM
I parked west of Halsted just south of 35th for most of the playoff games. Free street parking. It's a 15 minute hike to the ball park, but it gives you an opprtunity to stop at Catchers for a quick beer and Grandstand for some new apparrel. I did park on Halsted around 37th at a meter for a couple of games too. There's a laundromat on the west side of the street that spits out the quarters. The meters go off after 9:00, so you only risk the last few minutes if you're parking before 7:00 for a night game.

It's great to have these kind of problems. This is going to be one hell of a summer.

Yep and the fact we have parking unlike the Urinal!! Yes, I know it is coming, but it is a small garage.

Pulaski
02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
If you have the money to buy season tickets, that is fine, you have the means too. But parking should be first come first serve like always. If you want to arrive 5 minutes before the game starts then you deserve to park far away. Most of us paid good money for UD seats this year. For 18 dollars of parking, let me arrive early and get a good spot. Of course nothing is official yet but this parking thing is bothering me as you can tell.

When you have limited parking you need to implement processes. The Bears have the same issues since they have limited parking.

longshot7
02-16-2006, 01:26 PM

*sigh*

Please don't insult my gay friends by comparing them to Cub fans.

sox420fan
02-16-2006, 01:45 PM
*sigh*

Please don't insult my gay friends by comparing them to Cub fans.

I know its an insult to the gay community to be compared to Cubs Fans. I would much rather say some of my best friends are gay rather that saying some of my best friends are Cubs fans.:redneck

longshot7
02-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I know its an insult to the gay community to be compared to Cubs Fans. I would much rather say some of my best friends are gay rather that saying some of my best friends are Cubs fans.:redneck

me too. that's my point.

mcg
02-16-2006, 01:59 PM
FWIW I just called Ticketmaster and they said you can buy just a parking coupon online but not until tomorrow when the tickets go on sale to the public.

I plan on doing this for a few games that I already have tickets to but want to tailgate at. I just hope Ticketmaster doesn't nail me with fees on a parking coupon.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2006, 02:00 PM
But if they changed most the lots to coupons only then I don't think it matters how early you get to the game. From what people have said on here it looks like Lot L will be only cash lot and it's one of if not the smallest lot there is.

I think people are making too much out of this. For 90% of the games I go to, I drive up to Lot B (Old Comiskey Lot) and pay the man cash. This includes Game 2 of the ALDS. "Red Coupons Only" doesn't necessarily mean that.

Law11
02-16-2006, 02:09 PM
through the playoffs last year I paid cash even in the lots that were designated for coupons. Now there is some communication breakdown because one attandant said "dont worry about it cash is fine" and the guy
with him said "are you sure, I've just been letting coupon only here"..

I like to park in the lots on the north side of the park, it makes abig difference for me when leaving, especailly lot A right next to the Ryan.
I exit out and boom a few lefts and I'm on the ryan in seconds.

So I just called back my rep and added parking passes to my 13 game package. He said the tickets are out printing and the passes will come later.

comiskey2000
02-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Many of you are commenting on past games including the playoffs. We USED to be able to show up 2 hours before the game and pay cash where ever we wanted to park. The issue is a possible NEW policy that will not accept cash, even if the lot is empty. The past policies have nothing to do with it.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Many of you are commenting on past games including the playoffs. We USED to be able to show up 2 hours before the game and pay cash where ever we wanted to park. The issue is a possible NEW policy that will not accept cash, even if the lot is empty. The past policies have nothing to do with it.

That was the past policy. That's why there are signs up saying "Red/Green Coupons ONLY"

It never stopped me from paying cash in the past, and I doubt it will stop me from paying cash in the future

spiffie
02-16-2006, 02:39 PM
That was the past policy. That's why there are signs up saying "Red/Green Coupons ONLY"

It never stopped me from paying cash in the past, and I doubt it will stop me from paying cash in the future
I suspect they might be more vigilant simply because they are making a push to get more people to buy their coupons with their season packages. And the threat of big crowds for a lot of games I'm sure will push people like myself to take them up on the prepaid parking options. If that happens, they will have to make sure they have ample spaces where they say they have spaces. I suspect that it will be something where if close to game time there are coupon lots with excess capacity then they might open those to cash, but until they know that they will have to keep those lots clear if they sell a significant number of parking packages and parking passes.

Jerko
02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I don't think we're going to see the full effect of these policies until the 2nd or 3rd homestand. I suggest that we all give ourselves extra time these first few weeks of the season because I have a feeling the rules are going to be a little tighter than they were in years past. It would suck to drive there thinking "I paid cash for this lot last season" and then be turned away and you end up missing half the game looking for one of the cash lots. Just be smart, give yourselves extra time, and hopefully everything will fall into place nicely as the season goes on.

Dolly
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM

It's great to have these kind of problems. This is going to be one hell of a summer.Don't you need a pass to park on the street over there? And if so, how do you get one?

Jerko
02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Don't you need a pass to park on the street over there? And if so, how do you get one?

I don't know if Halsted is one of the boundaries, but if you live in the affected area, the 11th Ward mails you parking stickers and passes. I bet some asswipe tries to start selling those for a profit too this year..................

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't you need a pass to park on the street over there? And if so, how do you get one?
Not where there are meters. And when you get further from the park, the "resident parking only" restrictions go away.

Daver
02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't know if Halsted is one of the boundaries, but if you live in the affected area, the 11th Ward mails you parking stickers and passes. I bet some asswipe tries to start selling those for a profit too this year..................

This thread has me tempted to rent out my CTA Emergency Vehicle sign for the season.

:)

Dolly
02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Not where there are meters. And when you get further from the park, the "resident parking only" restrictions go away.Hmm, good to know.... so how far from the park are we talking about?

Chip Z'nuff
02-16-2006, 04:22 PM
This thread has me tempted to rent out my CTA Emergency Vehicle sign for the season.

:)

Or we can always use the old "Win This Car" trick

NoNeckEra
02-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Hmm, good to know.... so how far from the park are we talking about?
I think it(the restriction) varies by direction, but Halsted is about 3/4 mile west of the park.

dcb56
02-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Or we can always use the old "Win This Car" trick

But only if you promise to use that car from the Victory Auto Wreckers commercial.

WSox8404
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
This is when having family that lives and owns a business a few blocks away comes in handy. A season long visitors pass to park anywhere I want around the park......hehehe. :smile:

celicacutie
02-16-2006, 05:48 PM
is anyone going to try and purchase parking tomorrow (if you haven't already)?

DumpJerry
02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Last year the city passed an ordinance making it illegal to offer to buy one of those parking passes or to offer to sell one. The police were there on Opening Day looking for people who were willing to give or accept cash for them.

Timmy D's
02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
is anyone going to try and purchase parking tomorrow (if you haven't already)?

I didnt originally buy one w/ my season tickets, and they sent me an email today, and I was gonna buy the whole thing for $1,134, but I tried all day on the phone to get through, but couldnt. Finally after hours, I left a message for them to call me about it. Just hope they return my call. I think they are a little understaffed/overwhelmed there lately, but hey I aint complainin'.:wink:

Bobbo35
02-17-2006, 07:50 AM
If they average 10,000 cars a game at an average of $15 per car(season parking is $13), that's around $12million in parking revenue. As long as it goes into the player salary pot, I'm OK with that.

I have no problem with that either

Bobbo35
02-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Got to pay for the players somehow....

Funny how people complained when he wouldn't pay for players and now that we have the players and a long awaited World Series Championship, others complain about the increased cost. You want the players, you want the championships? The money has to come from somewhere.

Hey, I have dumped plenty of money into the White Sox organization, believe me. It was just a general complaint. I also have never complained about Jerry putting out the money either. I am not a bipartial Sox fan.

Steelrod
02-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Here I go defending management again.
Even on non sold out games in the past, most if not all of the spaces go to the early birds. Nothing has really changed.
It also amazes me how we figure Sox cash. We forget minor things like employees, traffic control, costs of real estate, et...

Sad
02-17-2006, 09:34 AM
I'll be surprised if Lot G (west of tracks) isn't a cash lot again this year...
... I won't be surprised if "early bird" rates are not offered :(:

champagne030
02-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I'll be surprised if Lot G (west of tracks) isn't a cash lot again this year...

Don't be.......

Save McCuddy's
02-17-2006, 10:00 AM

Not sure what the boundaries are, but west of Halsted there weren't any neighborhood parking permit restrictions -- just a long walk.

celicacutie
02-17-2006, 11:05 AM
looks like parking for April 4th is gone. I am kicking myself because I had a chance to buy a ticket!

rookie
02-18-2006, 12:57 PM
looks like parking for April 4th is gone. I am kicking myself because I had a chance to buy a ticket!

Parking for April 4th isn't gone. I just bought one and it's Saturday.

Here's my question, can you buy parking coupons at the box office for future games?

comiskey2000
02-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Parking for April 4th isn't gone. I just bought one and it's Saturday.

Here's my question, can you buy parking coupons at the box office for future games?

Thanks for sharing I just picked up a green coupon for the 4th as well. So happy becuase I checked yesterday and it said SOLD OUT.

soxfanreggie
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Went to the first playoff game, parking was horrible and we were there a while before the game. Ended up parking beyond IIT...not bad parking, friendly people in the area. It was a nice haul to the game though.

soxwon
02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
why do people drive? take the L its the only way to travel.

kninchicago
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Is tailgating permitted at IIT?

That is the main reason my friend and I like to drive--nights where we have time to tailgate beforehand. We drive about 50% of the time and take the L the other half.

ilsox7
02-19-2006, 12:12 AM
why do people drive? take the L its the only way to travel.

Uh, for those of us who live in the city, the El is great. But many people live in the suburbs, nowhere remotely close to the El.

tacosalbarojas
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't be.......G is supposed to go for season tickets holders only from what I hear through my rep.

champagne030
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
G is supposed to go for season tickets holders only from what I hear through my rep.

I was told the same thing.

Timmy D's
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Well I broke down and bought the full season 81 game parking pass today. $1,134, and only good on lot F & or L.:(: My fault for waitin' so long.

On a good note, I had a chance to talk to my account rep, and she informed me my tickets were printed, and shipped on Thursday of last week, so they should be here Tuesday morning!!! Cant wait!!!!

I actually waited for the mailman today, but he never came, then wife reminded me there is no mail today.:whiner: :whiner:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2006, 04:51 PM
On a good note, I had a chance to talk to my account rep, and she informed me my tickets were printed, and shipped on Thursday of last week, so they should be here Tuesday morning!!! Cant wait!!!!

Are those the season tickets? I thought they weren't arriving until mid-March.

Timmy D's
02-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah those are full 81 game seasons, I was shocked to. I believe it full when I see them, but she seemed pretty on the ball, and was checking on her computer, and said the print date, and the ship date was last Thursday.:bandance:

OfficerKarkovice
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah those are full 81 game seasons, I was shocked to. I believe it full when I see them, but she seemed pretty on the ball, and was checking on her computer, and said the print date, and the ship date was last Thursday.:bandance:

Except that the "last Thursday" date is when the Sox probably sent them to their print facility. Season Tickets are printed through a firm in Arkansas so you will have them on the nice Season Ticket stock. They won't be arriving until early March.

Sad
02-21-2006, 10:49 AM
my ticket rep. told me Lots F, G, and L will accept cash based on availability...
... which I read as get there early before the lots fill up-
as if the lot's full, a coupon is no better than cash...

I usually arrive 2-3 hours early and never had a problem parking in Lot G (including playoffs)
he did mention this lot is for day of game staff (which I recall seeing last year also)

he also said Ozzie plan parking pass holders are for lots F & L
Are those the Green coupons?

Is the parking coupon you purchase through TM also the Green one?