PDA

View Full Version : Best White Sox Valentines DAy Gifts...

MaggPipes
02-15-2006, 02:36 PM
I got an awesome surprise yesterday when my girlfriend gave me a World Series signed baseball by Mark Buehrle! What other kind of sox merchandise was exchanged yesterday...(I also got my girlfriend a signed Freddy Garcia 8X10 and got major kudos...)

crazyozzie02
02-15-2006, 03:08 PM
my girlfriend is a FLUBS fan, so i knew not to expect any white sox items. Oh well, i guess ill go back trying to convert her.

soccermomsox
02-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I got my husband the Department 56 ceramic facade of old Comiskey. They also sell a souvenir shop, bar and refreshment stand to go with it that he will be getting for future occasions! :smile:

soxfan13
02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
My wife let me watch the Sox Pride DVD after she had put me on a limit.:bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-15-2006, 03:34 PM
My bday was the 13th, so I got a pseudo combo gift..

A Horizontal, 3 picture matted frame....one of the team posing as division champs, one as AL champs, and one as WS champs. There's a small engraved plaque, in black at the bottom: Chicago White Sox, 2005 World Series Champions. She also ordered a curio cabinet for me for my hats/baseballs to live in....as soon as I find that damn AL Central hat though....:angry:

Domeshot17
02-15-2006, 09:02 PM
girlfriend got me a sweet 18x24 photo of the opening ceremonies with the flag across the outfield. its framed with an engraved bottom (plaque style) I can post the pic of it, but i do not know how to post when it is on your cpu and not a link

Brian26
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
as soon as I find that damn AL Central hat though....:angry:

Argh- Did you miss out on that Carson's sale I mentioned a few weeks ago?

lizard6king6
02-15-2006, 09:19 PM
I got white sox monopoly :)
:bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Argh- Did you miss out on that Carson's sale I mentioned a few weeks ago?

Yep. Cleaned out 4 days after I got your PM.

LuvSox
02-16-2006, 12:52 AM
my girlfriend is a FLUBS fan, so i knew not to expect any white sox items. Oh well, i guess ill go back trying to convert her.

Talk to Skobabe8, he's the expert on conversion. :D:

gogosox35
02-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I need advice how to convert a flub girlfriend to being a sox fan too.

Kuzman
02-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Theres no hope, just leave and find a new one :tongue:

Seriously, good luck on that if this World Series doesn't help sway I dont know what will

soxinem1
02-16-2006, 08:18 AM

If anyone wants good practical advice regarding conversion tactics, send me a message and I'll give it to you. It will get detailed.....

My wife HATED baseball when I first met her, but after giving her that Konerko White Sox jersey for Christmas and fortifying the closet with yet another White Sox T-shirt for Valentine's day, well....... YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YES!!!

IlliniSox4Life
02-16-2006, 08:27 AM
If anyone wants good practical advice regarding conversion tactics, send me a message and I'll give it to you. It will get detailed.....

My wife HATED baseball when I first met her, but after giving her that Konerko White Sox jersey for Christmas and fortifying the closet with yet another White Sox T-shirt for Valentine's day, well....... YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD, YES!!!

I think the best advice is just exposing them to the game and seeing why it's the best.

However converting a non fan to a White Sox fan seems a little easier than a Cubs fan to a White Sox fan.

soxfanatlanta
02-16-2006, 08:29 AM
My wife is getting me tickets to the exhibition game vs the Braves - skybox.

Man, and I just painted pottery with her on a date. :smile:

For conversion tactics, read the book "1984"

kevin57
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM

1. Bring her to a game or three; let her experience the atmosphere: walk around and see all the interesting facets of the ballpark, get her some of the great grub, etc.

2. Get pictures of players like Pods, Konerko, and the other 'hotties' of the club and put them in her room...although this could be a risky tactic to your relationship. :cool:

Domeshot17
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by gogosox35

Its a simple 3 step program

(1) drop girlfriend off at Urinal
(2) Cruise down to USCF
(3) Look for Lonely Hot Babe in a Konerko jersey

Sure Fire Plan to starting the day with a cubs gf and ending it with a sox one

rocky biddle
02-16-2006, 05:52 PM
My wife got me the WSI "Dedicated To" book. I was pretty surprised.

ws05champs
02-16-2006, 07:56 PM

I am beginning to believe that being a cubs fan is more like an illness than merely a bad choice. With that in mind you might try "intervention therapy." It does seem to work well for some drug addicts and alcoholics. It just might work for cubs fans too. If that doesn't work, Domeshot17 has a good plan too.

Good luck. There is nothing better than experiencing the World Champion Chicago White Sox with a woman you love.

pearso66
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I got a Konerko autographed ball. Very cool indeed.

Oh, and to convert your G/F to a Sox fan, just show her pictures of Jon Garland. My g/f is in love with him