PDA

View Full Version : Replica rings April 4

gr8mexico
02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
World Series Ring Presentation and Replica World Series Ring Giveaway from Pepsi; Tuesday, April 4, 1:05 vs. Cleveland
Fans will continue the victory celebration as they witness the World Series Ring presentation during pregame ceremonies. The first 20,000 fans to enter U.S. Cellular Field will receive a replica World Series ring from Pepsi like the ones their favorite White Sox players and coaches will receive this day. :smile: Now I really cant wait

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah...and the 5th is replica trophies. It is all listed on the schedule ;)

4th Gen. Sox Fan
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll be there all the way up in section 507 row 21

Fake Chet Lemon
02-15-2006, 01:52 PM
I'd rather get the ring than go to the opener. Glad I picked this game! I got 4 tix, so I'll probably keep two rings and ebay the other two. So if you don't have tickets, in theory you could buy tickets for the game then probably get your money back by selling the rings. Just a thought for the broke and ticketless out there.

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 01:57 PM
I'd rather get the ring than go to the opener. Glad I picked this game! I got 4 tix, so I'll probably keep two rings and ebay the other two. So if you don't have tickets, in theory you could buy tickets for the game then probably get your money back by selling the rings. Just a thought for the broke and ticketless out there.

rings are for the first 20,000 fans.....hope I get one.

crazyozzie02
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM
does anyone know anything about these rings (color, look, ect.) Also are they going to be metal replicas or cheap plastic ones?

Colin

Unregistered
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
does anyone know anything about these rings (color, look, ect.) Also are they going to be metal replicas or cheap plastic ones?

ColinI'm guessing they'll be plastic and have a nice big Pepsi logo on one side, considering they're sponsoring it... :dunno:

ChiSoxGirl
02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
does anyone know anything about these rings (color, look, ect.)

I'm actually surprised the design hasn't been published in the paper or online yet. When the Marlins won in 2003, I remember seeing a picture of the design of their rings right around this time of the year in the Sun-Times....

I'm sure the design of the Sox will have the team colors in it, and maybe something on them to commemorate the fact that it's the team's first World Championship in 88 years. I don't know though, that's just my speculation.... You could e-mail Brooks and get the real answer, though! :tongue:

Unregistered
02-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't know though, that's just my speculation.... You could e-mail Brooks and get the real answer, though! :tongue:Sadly, no teal needed.

:cool:

LongLiveFisk
02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I am annoyed trying to get tickets for this game. I am registered at whitesox.com but never got an e-mail with the password. When I try to re-register it just tells me that I have an account already. Did anyone else have this problem??

Jaffar
02-15-2006, 03:20 PM
I am annoyed trying to get tickets for this game. I am registered at whitesox.com but never got an e-mail with the password. When I try to re-register it just tells me that I have an account already. Did anyone else have this problem??

You probably unchecked the box for them to send you email junk all the time so you might want to log back on and you can check somewhere to recieve the sox wire newsletter but the password is worldchamps if you want to try for some tickets.

mantis1212
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM

The password is "worldchamps", if you haven't found out already...

ChiSoxGirl
02-15-2006, 03:22 PM

I had the same problem, but did get the e-mail this morning with the password. I had tried for days to login to be sure I was a member and had the same problems as you. But when I went to the link in my e-mail, or the ticket link on whitesox.com, it took me right to the ticketmaster page where I chose the game, number of tickets I wanted, and that stupid word you have to type in. It turned out to be a non-issue in the end.

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I would imagine they'll come in some sort of box that will have the Pepsi logo smeared all over it. My dad and I are already detailing our plan of attack so we for sure get rings.

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 03:26 PM

my email was in my spam box. Could that have been a possibility?

Baby Fisk
02-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Anyone know if these replicas will be available for purchase by fans who can't make the April 4th game? I too want a 25¢ piece of plastic with which to commemorate the historic Sox championship (read: too broke to justify the crystal stuff).

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Anyone know if these replicas will be available for purchase by fans who can't make the April 4th game? I too want a 25 piece of plastic with which to commemorate the historic Sox championship (read: too broke to justify the crystal stuff).

probably ebay. I want to purchase a trophy from the 5th.

LongLiveFisk
02-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the password...I'll try logging back in and see if it works.

And spam wasn't a problem, I check my spam inbox. It's not there. :?:

comiskey2000
02-15-2006, 04:13 PM
So for a 1 o'clock start the gates will open at 11:30. usually about half the crowd gets there 45 mins to 1 hour before game time. When do you think they will run out rings. (First 20,000 Fans). I'm hoping I'l get one if I arrive before noon.

kninchicago
02-15-2006, 04:23 PM
I think you'll have to arrive well before noon, but that's just my opinion. Just for regular old hats last year I remember getting there very early. It's going to be a madhouse.

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
probably ebay. I want to purchase a trophy from the 5th.

Why not just go to Grandstand on 35th? Theyve had the replica trophys since November .........

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 04:32 PM
So for a 1 o'clock start the gates will open at 11:30. usually about half the crowd gets there 45 mins to 1 hour before game time. When do you think they will run out rings. (First 20,000 Fans). I'm hoping I'l get one if I arrive before noon.

These rings will be available in stores ..............trust me. A hot product
that everyone wants?

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Why not just go to Grandstand on 35th? Theyve had the replica trophys since November .........

really? I haven't made it down to Grandstand since right after the WS.

SaltyPretzel
02-15-2006, 04:38 PM

How big are they?

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 04:43 PM
How big are they?

theyre a little smaller than the size of a bobblehead, same material too.
I believe its made by the same company that makes the bobbleheads.
You guys didnt think you were getting ones that look like my Trophy did you?

Rocky Soprano
02-15-2006, 04:43 PM

For how much?

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
For how much?

$14.99 Cant believe noone here has seen them there. Its a little ceramic trophy, has the SOX logo in the middle of it, and underneath
it, like the patch theyre wearing, it says World Series Champions 05.
Only difference is crowding it all up will be a Sponsors logo.

Rocky Soprano
02-15-2006, 04:50 PM
$14.99 Cant believe noone here has seen them there. Its a little ceramic trophy, has the SOX logo in the middle of it, and underneath

Thanks for letting me know.
I am going to get one from Grandstand.

LongLiveFisk
02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I'll probably buy the replica trophy (and hopefully ring, if they have them eventually) from Grandstand. The $$ paid will probably be worth saving yourself from the headache you'll encounter trying to get them at the game.

SOXPHILE
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Is this what everyone's talking about ? If so, I already have it. :supernana:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/00/d8/2a_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760286921&category=25132#ebayphotohosting)

Chicago
02-15-2006, 06:06 PM

:o: :o: :o: That was our secret password...now the scalpers/brokers are going to get tix in advance.

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Is this what everyone's talking about ? If so, I already have it. :supernana:

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/00/d8/2a_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760286921&category=25132#ebayphotohosting)

Hey, theres the Trophy! I was looking for a picture of it :)
There you go folks, thats the Trophy you'll be getting Tues 4/4, its kind of small too, smaller than a bobblehead.

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 06:09 PM

Can a MOD Delete this post before .....................all the doggone scalpers see this? Nice Job Mantis! :angry:

Beer Can Chicken
02-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Can a MOD Delete this post before .....................all the doggone scalpers see this? Nice Job Mantis! :angry:

Scalpers?? Don't you know who scalpers get their good tickets from? Season ticket holders. In this day, with the current technology, scalpers have no advantage of over us.

BeefyD
02-15-2006, 07:16 PM
There you go folks, thats the Trophy you'll be getting Tues 4/4, its kind of small too, smaller than a bobblehead.

Actually, that's the Wed. 4/5 giveaway..

Did you get the description of the giveaway trophy from a legitimate source? I'd hate to miss out on a nice looking replica trophy (I'm going for the ring instead).

HotelWhiteSox
02-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Boy am I glad I got tickets for this date, I was assuming they'd sell these replica rings, but I went for the tickets anyway (the ceremony should be special, followed by a good game), and sent Brooks an email, he said they will not be selling the replica rings

BeefyD
02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
As nice as it will be to get a replica ring (I hope I do, I tend to not have good luck with giveaways), I hope they sell the good replicas like they do in Boston:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/fan_forum/rings.jsp

I'd love to have a nice looking CZ replica in lucite...

anewman35
02-15-2006, 07:30 PM

I hope you are kidding. Do you really think scalpers are too stupid to sign up at WhiteSox.com?

Hangar18
02-16-2006, 09:00 AM
As nice as it will be to get a replica ring (I hope I do, I tend to not have good luck with giveaways), I hope they sell the good replicas like they do in Boston:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos/fan_forum/rings.jsp

I'd love to have a nice looking CZ replica in lucite...

Wow, those are really nice. I want a WhiteSox version of this!
There is no way the SOX drop the ball and not sell rings like this to the public. Give away a 25cent ring to the public, and sell a way nicer ring online.

LongLiveFisk
02-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Wow, those are really nice. I want a WhiteSox version of this!
There is no way the SOX drop the ball and not sell rings like this to the public. Give away a 25cent ring to the public, and sell a way nicer ring online.

After looking at the BoSox rings, I hope we get the same opportunity as well. They could make a fortune off these, so hopefully they release them to the public. :D:

Bobbo35
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM

I've got one. I also bought the entire collection of the world series bobbleheads, it is going to make a nice display.

courtesyflush
03-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Has anyone found a photo of the ring give-away yet? I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time to get there early.

Hangar18
03-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok, there are like 4 other threads about this right?

Realist
03-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Ok, there are like 4 other threads about this right?

I think this is the only Replica Rings thread. There's also the threads about the tour of the great replica you made, the Bradford Exchange thing that just vaulted onto the stage and another thread about the replica trophies to be given away on Wednesday the 5th.

It's like Christmas! Were surrounded by goodies! :bandance:

biznuts81
03-28-2006, 10:04 AM
per whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060321&content_id=1358084&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

I would believe this picture over the other one earlier in the thread

jabrch
03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Season ticket holders will get these sent to them - right?

RealMenWearBlack
03-28-2006, 09:14 PM
How early do you think I'd have to show up before the gates open to get a ring? I remember how many people came out before the gates opened for a bobblehead giveaway a few years ago and this is much more valuable than a bobblehead doll.

soxfanreggie
03-28-2006, 09:24 PM
The Sox would make a ton of money if they sold nice replica rings. Figure $200 a pop or more. You could probably get a few thousand fans who would buy them. Think about it Sox, a great opportunity to make money :bandance:

koch44
03-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Here's the updated forecast!:bandance:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/60616?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

BnzCP
03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
I have 500 level seats for this game...I convinced my dad to come to the game...I hope the weather holds or I'll have to hear all about it from him. He hates baseball but he knows how much I love it.

steff
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM

That is not it.

SALUKIS15
03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Here is a pic of the type of ring Boston gave its fans last season. Looks pretty sweet, hope they have a couple different sizes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Red-Sox-Replica-World-Series-Championship-Ring_W0QQitemZ8787709431QQcategoryZ25130QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Boozer
03-29-2006, 06:28 PM
That is pretty sweet for a free ring. Thought it would be plastic or something.

Steelrod
03-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Season ticket holders will get these sent to them - right?
Don't count on it!
Get there early and get yours!

BeefyD
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Here is a pic of the type of ring Boston gave its fans last season. Looks pretty sweet, hope they have a couple different sizes.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Red-Sox-Replica-World-Series-Championship-Ring_W0QQitemZ8787709431QQcategoryZ25130QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

A couple of different sizes?!?!?? C'mon, people. It will be one size only. THAT'S IT. They cannot be picky-choosy with 20,000 fans.
Man, will you be disappointed that there will not be any real gems on it, too? Because I'd hate to break the news to you...

We come from a city where our basketball team won 6 championships in a decade and each year had given away a replica ring, and the last 3 sold them in the UC... They are metal, they are one size, and most people will complain because they are not detailed enough or there is a big advertisement on one side....:angry:

soxwon
03-29-2006, 07:55 PM
would you think if you got in line at 10am, for the gates open at 11am, you would get a ring?

is everyone getting there before 10?

comiskey2000
03-29-2006, 08:49 PM
would you think if you got in line at 10am, for the gates open at 11am, you would get a ring?

is everyone getting there before 10?

Arriving from 10-11 should get you a ring. There will be at least 10,000 who will WANT to show up after 11:30-12. Then even more who will show up at 1 oclock or later. It is not like 5,000 fans will get one. 20 k...showing up at 1030 will probably guarentee you to be in the first half of the 40,000 crowd. I feel bad for those 20,000 who expect a ring and will walk away with nothing.

Pulaski
03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Anyone need two for the Ring Ceremony? Face Value - $13 per ticket. Section 548, Row 8 Seats 17-18. Email me and leave a number to call.

Unfortunately I have to go to Greensboro and can't go!

:(:

jabrch
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Don't count on it!
Get there early and get yours!

I was under the impression that they send all the promotions to season ticket holders...Am I mistaken?

Dadawg_77
03-29-2006, 09:59 PM
I was under the impression that they send all the promotions to season ticket holders...Am I mistaken?

I asked about the ring a few weeks ago and he said all promotions.

SALUKIS15
03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
"Man, will you be disappointed that there will not be any real gems on it, too? Because I'd hate to break the news to you..."
Really, figured they would give out expensive gems...lol. Most likely will be a metal ring with plastic fake stones. And Don't be suprised if they do have more than one size ring, like one big and one small.

Brian26
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
That is not it.

Steff, you're 0 for 2 this week. That was the exact trophy given out today. :D:

steff
04-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Steff, you're 0 for 2 this week. That was the exact trophy given out today. :D:

The trophy pictured previously in this thread - the one sold by MLB is what you got today..? Cause it's not what I got.