PDA

View Full Version : TRADE SOX TIX AMONG WSI Members

MySoxAreClean
02-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Can we please keep this posted so we can trade tickets among WSI members? That way we can trade for other tickets we can't make or want to attend others instead of selling them on ebay or buying them from brokers thanks

MySoxAreClean
02-15-2006, 11:05 AM
TRADE 2 Ring ceremony 115 row 1 Row 1 is actually 4 rows from the field, for 2 for lower level OPENING Day SUNDAY GAME Sorry for the mis print

Tekijawa
02-15-2006, 11:06 AM
TRADE 2 Ring ceremony 115 row 1 Row 1 is actually 4 rows from the field, for 2 for lower level ring

115 is lower level? I'm confused?

MySoxAreClean
02-15-2006, 11:09 AM
115 is lower level? I'm confused? yes lower level row 1 actually 4 rows from the field

Chicken Dinner
02-15-2006, 11:10 AM
We probably need a classified section.

credefan24
02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
I was not able to sign up for a password in time, and I do not have season tickets. Is it possible to just purchase face value tickets from WSI members. I believe there was something like this last year? If not, I appologize for posting in the wrong area!

Dan Mega
02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
If anyone has anything Non-UD for the Cubs series shoot a PM my way. Looking for 2 consecutive.

IlliniSox4Life
02-15-2006, 11:13 AM
yes lower level row 1 actually 4 rows from the field

So you want to trade 2 lower level ring game tickets for 2 lower level ring game tickets? I think this is where his confusion came from.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 11:15 AM
We probably need a classified section.

That is a damn fine idea. Due to demand this year, it could probably have its own sub-forum. Hey Mods, you got your ears on?:D:

Chicago
02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Looking for 2 for opening day... willing to trade 4 tickets...

I have...
4 for the ring ceramony
4 for Frank's Return game
2 for Elvis Night
2 for Houston (Fri)

MIX N MATCH... :D:

MySoxAreClean
02-15-2006, 11:17 AM
115 is lower level? I'm confused? sorry i ment 2 ring seats for 2 sunday home opener

redsand22
02-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm looking for receive 2 Opening Day for any weekend game seats are bleacher tickets.

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
All I wanted was Carl Yastremski with the long sideburns.

cmars1010
02-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, I bought an ozzie plan a couple of days ago because I was worried about tickets, even though i can't afford 13 games. I would be willing to sell about 5 of the following games for face value out of my ozzie plan, i will eat the service charge, it wasn't much. The tickets range from 13 to 22 dollars each i believe. I will tell you for sure if you email me. you can email me at cmars1010@yahoo.com if you want any. I WILL ALSO TRADE ANY 6 FOR ANY 2 TO OPENING DAY, ANYWHERE IN THE PARK!!!

2 TICKETS PER GAME

Minnesota Twins Fri April 21, 2006, 7:35 PM
Section SEC520
Row 13

LA Angels Tue May 9, 2006, 7:05 PM
Section SEC544
Row 1

La Angels Wed May 10, 2006, 7:05 PM
Section SEC544
Row 14

St.Louis Cardinals Tue June 20, 2006, 7:05 PM
Section SEC514
Row 12

St.Louis Cardinals Wed June 21, 2006, 7:05 PM
Section SEC514
Row 9

Cleveland Indians Fri September 8, 2006, 7:35 PM
Section SEC550
Row 7

Cleveland Indians Sun September 10, 2006 TBA
Section SEC512
Row 11

Realist
02-15-2006, 11:30 AM
That place is gonna be a madhouse. :smile:

Taliesinrk
02-15-2006, 11:31 AM
looking for 4-6 for the July 22nd game vs. the rangers, or 4-6 for the Aug. 12 game vs. the tigers... must be lower bowl

IlliniSox4Life
02-15-2006, 11:35 AM
That is a damn fine idea. Due to demand this year, it could probably have its own sub-forum. Hey Mods, you got your ears on?:D:

I would second that. A subforum for just the looking to sell and wants. Would keep all that stuff out of the way of the other posts and would also make it easier to find somebody who has what you want or wants what you have.

Chicago
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
All I wanted was Carl Yastremski with the long sideburns.
Trade you for a pair of openers...
http://oasi.asti.it/Homes/Dezani/fun/milhouse.jpg

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Trade you for a pair of openers...
http://oasi.asti.it/Homes/Dezani/fun/milhouse.jpg

Done.

salty99
02-15-2006, 11:43 AM
also looking for 1-2 for opening night..can trade pretty much anything.

Realist
02-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I would second that. A subforum for just the looking to sell and wants. Would keep all that stuff out of the way of the other posts and would also make it easier to find somebody who has what you want or wants what you have.

One sticky thread in the Parking Lot would work just as well. As the tickets you make available are scooped up, all you'd have to do is edit your post with a red [X] next to its original listing.

comiskey2000
02-15-2006, 12:00 PM
An organized Thread or seperate forum is needed. With rules and regulations.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 12:03 PM
One sticky thread in the Parking Lot would work just as well. As the tickets you make available are scooped up, all you'd have to do is edit your post with a red [X] next to its original listing.

I think one thread would get too cluttered too quickly. With a subforum, the Mods could create one official thread for each homegame. All requests/for sale offers would then be placed in the appropriate game thread. Users would not be allowed to start new threads in the subforum, only reply to the 81 threads created by the mods.

Maybe Opening Day would need its own whole subforum.:cool:

bayzbol44
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I vote for a separate forum.

Realist
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I think one thread would get too cluttered too quickly. With a subforum, the Mods could create one official thread for each homegame. All requests/for sale offers would then be placed in the appropriate game thread. Users would not be allowed to start new threads in the subforum, only reply to the 81 threads created by the mods.

Good points. I like your idea better.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-15-2006, 12:30 PM
I set up mini packages (see link below). Several people responded yesterday. I will leave them up through the weekend. It is a chance to get infield UD box (lower rows) tickets for the games that are near sell outs / sold out.

No need to sit in a far OF corner (in the upper or lower where you face the OF and have to turn the entire game to watch). Also, there are no ticketmaster fees involved with these seats (TM Fees are $8.50 per pair with a $3.50 order fee). In addition to the premium games (Boston, Yankees, Cardinals and Houston) most packages have at least 1 fireworks night and a promotional give away).

I am offering them here first. I may consolidate the packages next Monday depending on what I have left and then will try to sell the ones I am not going to keep on eBay but I rather sell them to Sox fans at face if possible which is why I put them here first. I have the 81 game plan and that is why I have many tickets up for sale - I can't go to that many games (usually go to 10 - 20 per year).

So if you are interested let me know. I can mail 1 package or meet for two or more packages (I won't be able to meet 10 + people but 2 or more packages will make it worthwhile for both of us). A couple of WSI posters responded yesterday and two more are trying to decide which tickets they want. It is first come first served so if there is something you like let me know.

BeefyD
02-15-2006, 12:44 PM
My thoughts:

Have a separate section for trading tix (or possibly both trade and sell at face), automatically set up a separate thread for each home game. Then the person WITH the tickets can post in that particular game. Then a person looking to buy or trade can reply.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
So that people don't register just to use this site to sell tickets, a minimum posting requirement would be a good idea. You can't post to sell tickets in the new forum until you have 100 posts.

Or we ban the idea althogether and allow this site to fulfill it's intended purpose(s).

Taliesinrk
02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
So that people don't register just to use this site to sell tickets, a minimum posting requirement would be a good idea. You can't post to sell tickets in the new forum until you have 100 posts.

Or we ban the idea althogether and allow this site to fulfill it's intended purpose(s).

very good point.. i failed to think about that. the site would be overloaded with people/scalpers trying to get tix at face value..

Tekijawa
02-15-2006, 12:51 PM

It took White Sox Josh about 13 minutes to make his first 100 posts, I don't see this deterring anyone...I'm sure there are many legal/liability reasons why this can't be done too... It's a great idea, I just don't see it working...

Madvora
02-15-2006, 12:54 PM
very good point.. i failed to think about that. the site would be overloaded with people/scalpers trying to get tix at face value..
Yeah, you'd probably have to make it trade only or something.

CHIsoxNation
02-15-2006, 12:57 PM
looking for 4-6 for the July 22nd game vs. the rangers, or 4-6 for the Aug. 12 game vs. the tigers... must be lower bowl

I've got 2 in the lower level for the July 22nd Rangers game. Not sure if that would help you at all.

Cat Thief
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
It took White Sox Josh about 13 minutes to make his first 100 posts, I don't see this deterring anyone...I'm sure there are many legal/liability reasons why this can't be done too... It's a great idea, I just don't see it working...

I agree. Things will get messy.

Chicken Dinner
02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
My thoughts:

Have a separate section for trading tix (or possibly both trade and sell at face), automatically set up a separate thread for each home game. Then the person WITH the tickets can post in that particular game. Then a person looking to buy or trade can reply.

What if someone has tickets for a road game??? The best way to do it is just to have a seperate classified section (maybe people have gear or pictures they want to sell) and when you go there you start your thread with WTB or WTS pending if you want to buy or sell.

Baby Fisk
02-15-2006, 01:19 PM

Who gets to hold onto the conch at night?

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 01:47 PM

I think it could work out. Even if a bunch of new members are on there asking for tix, long-time posters will know who is on the ball and who isn't. It could get a bit messy for the more popular games.

Seems like it would be worthwhile to try (assuming the board modifications aren't a ton of work). If it starts getting goofy, it could be shut down.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Who gets to hold onto the conch at night?

Beats me. A Dalek?

gosox3072
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Make it so you have to be a member for a certain period of time...

DumpJerry
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
I dunno......this idea could attract scalpers and brokers like frat boys to a cute drunk girl at 1:00 a.m. ST holders can always put their unused tickets on the White Sox Ticket Exchange, of course that does not allow for trading.

In the past (back when the Sox were mere mortals), if someone needed a tickets for a specific game, s/he started a thread in the Parking Lot asking if anyone had any tickets available. Likewise people who bought tickets and then realized they could not use them did the same thing.

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 02:17 PM
I dunno......this idea could attract scalpers and brokers like frat boys to a cute drunk girl at 1:00 a.m. ST holders can always put their unused tickets on the White Sox Ticket Exchange, of course that does not allow for trading.

In the past (back when the Sox were mere mortals), if someone needed a tickets for a specific game, s/he started a thread in the Parking Lot asking if anyone had any tickets available. Likewise people who bought tickets and then realized they could not use them did the same thing.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 02:18 PM

That is always a concern but anything other than face is not allowed. A scalper looking to sell a ticket here for face shouldn't be a problem. As far as those looking to gobble up tickets at face and sell for profit, the person who posts the ticket for sale gets to choose who gets it. True, not everyone knows everyone else but the person with 2000 posts asking for a ticket is probably a "safer" bet than the guy with 5 posts and a username of "cheap_tix_4_u".

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Its not broke now but this season is going to be a lot different. Do people really want to see 50 different threads in the Parking Lot with the subject "Need 2 tickets for Opening Day"? It would be a nightmare for the mods to constantly consolidate all those posts under one thread.

I dunno, it just seems like a subforum with a thread for each game will work better. Anyone who posts something for above face gets banned and the post is deleted. Of course, that is more work for the mods. Tough call...

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Its not broke now but this season is going to be a lot different. Do people really want to see 50 different threads in the Parking Lot with the subject "Need 2 tickets for Opening Day"? It would be a nightmare for the mods to constantly consolidate all those posts under one thread.

I dunno, it just seems like a subforum with a thread for each game will work better. Anyone who posts something for above face gets banned and the post is deleted. Of course, that is more work for the mods. Tough call...

I'm sorry, I thought the way it was now was "Have 2 tickets for Opening Day," you were able to offer them but couldn't ask for them. I think that's the way it should be done.

Hangar18
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
I have 2 sec 158 for Weds 1:05 start vs KC .............. want to trade for
either 7/21 LowLevel, or 5/9 LowLevel

skottyj242
02-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I have 2 sec 158 for Weds 1:05 start vs KC .............. want to trade for
either 7/21 LowLevel, or 5/9 LowLevel

Henry, what row are you in 158? I think I'm in 12.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry, I thought the way it was now was "Have 2 tickets for Opening Day," you were able to offer them but couldn't ask for them. I think that's the way it should be done.

Hmm, I don't think there are any rules against requesting seats. In any event, I'm sure there will be a lot more requests this year based upon how fast tickets are moving (i.e. "my parents are coming to town this weekend and the game is sold out. anyone have a pair for purchase or trade?"). Seems like organizing requests/offers by game will keep it in better order.

Eh, just kicking ideas around here. Whatever happens, happens...

NorthSideSox72
02-15-2006, 02:40 PM
OK, what the heck...

WANTED:
5 tickets together for either the 7/22 or 8/12 game, in the lower level of club seats.

I have tickets currently to about half of a 27-game package, some of which I'd be willing to trade. Just let me know what you are looking for. I am willing to buy, or trade, for the wanted tickets.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-15-2006, 02:50 PM

Whatever is best for the mods. By opening a new forum, that may bring the site unwanted attention and posters / scalpers and may open up some nasty arguments if a transaction goes bad which will be bad for everyone.

You'll probably see more posts this year regarding tickets, but by keeping it in the parking lot they do not detract from the other boards and is probably the best way for the mods to keep things under control which is probably why this is their method.

People have responded to my posts about my mini packages (link below) in the parking lot and I have bought tickets (twice) and received the teachers discount coupons last year from Ewokpelts on this site and really appreciated it.

IlliniSox4Life
02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
My suggestion:

A seperate forum with a thread for each game. You can post in it if you want tickets to that game and what you are willing to trade if you have something to trade. Users are able to contact them and offer to sell their tickets at face. or trade with them. This would make sure that the tickets, for the most part, go to those who are "real" wsi members.

If somebody is posting in every thread "need tix", it will be pretty obvious what their goal is. If somebody comes here and is only posting in the occasional thread "need tix", and even if they are a scalper, the person still has the choice who to sell to. If the scalper is the only one who wants tickets, it still alows the seller to not have to eat the tickets if they can't go.

You can also make the forum private so that only registered users can see it. It would keep it quieter so that not as many people know about it.

And finally, what is the harm in trying? If it gets out of hand, the forum can always be removed.

EDIT: Also, some sort of "feedback" like ebay would be nice so the buyers aren't getting screwed.

nasox
02-15-2006, 08:18 PM
My suggestion:

A seperate forum with a thread for each game. You can post in it if you want tickets to that game and what you are willing to trade if you have something to trade. Users are able to contact them and offer to sell their tickets at face. or trade with them. This would make sure that the tickets, for the most part, go to those who are "real" wsi members.

If somebody is posting in every thread "need tix", it will be pretty obvious what their goal is. If somebody comes here and is only posting in the occasional thread "need tix", and even if they are a scalper, the person still has the choice who to sell to. If the scalper is the only one who wants tickets, it still alows the seller to not have to eat the tickets if they can't go.

You can also make the forum private so that only registered users can see it. It would keep it quieter so that not as many people know about it.

And finally, what is the harm in trying? If it gets out of hand, the forum can always be removed.

EDIT: Also, some sort of "feedback" like ebay would be nice so the buyers aren't getting screwed.

It's called karma

Anyway, just make grovels against the rules. Or something like that.

MySoxAreClean
02-15-2006, 10:42 PM
I recommend just trading among WSI members only, TRADE for other games, That way no members get dupped selling to brokers. IF a trade is made or you like something pm the WSI member , it can be done 1 day before , that way no one spends money for shipping.

I will trade 2 row 115 Apr 4 for 2 Apr2 Sunday lower or anything but NOSEBLEED seats

kidmccarthy
02-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I think a separate section is the only way for this to work. I dont think we wanna read a million posts on a regular basis. We can just call it The Depot. Then a mod can make sure its cool, and keep people in line. That way true sox fans, have a true chance at extras.

Steelrod
02-16-2006, 02:52 AM
And why not throw in a donation to WSC or CBCC for good measure with each trade?

jake5824
02-16-2006, 07:54 AM
i have the weekend packages, and cant go to any saturday games. cubs game and boston saturday game are being used, but everything else i have is fair game. im looking to maybe just trade for extra sunday tickets or ill sell some of the non prime games for face value.
they are all section 106 row 24 seats 11 & 12

im going to be throwing all games on ebay 1 month before theyre played like april saturday games are being sold right when i get the tickets hopefully mid march. so if you want any trades games email me at least a month before the game is played.

Scottiehaswheels
02-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Maybe instead of posting tix for trade here we can all send the marketing group an email to look at what the Mariners/Red Sox do? They allow people to trade games on a special site they set up every year... I think it costs like $10 a year but supposedly its quite easy to deal with.. Just an idea...

DaBears
02-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Maybe instead of posting tix for trade here we can all send the marketing group an email to look at what the Mariners/Red Sox do? They allow people to trade games on a special site they set up every year... I think it costs like $10 a year but supposedly its quite easy to deal with.. Just an idea...

The flubs have something similar, though its not team sponsored. I forgot the website, but its something like wrigley.biz...

MrT27
02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
I've got 2 single's and 2 seats next to each other (got the ones next to eachother: sec. 544 row 12. the singlea are bad seats, will give ya sections #'s if needed) And I have a pari for the May 19th Cubs game Sec. 509 Row ten, looking to trade for Opening Day tickets (1 or 2) located anywhere. If your interested just shoot me a PM

MySoxAreClean
02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
bump

Cat Thief
02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
I've got 2 single's and 2 seats next to each other (got the ones next to eachother: sec. 544 row 12. the singlea are bad seats, will give ya sections #'s if needed) And I have a pari for the May 19th Cubs game Sec. 509 Row ten, looking to trade for Opening Day tickets (1 or 2) located anywhere. If your interested just shoot me a PM

IMHO posts like this are exactly the resaon WSI should not have something like this. Unless, it can be buried somewhere.

NorthSideSox72
02-17-2006, 10:54 AM
IMHO posts like this are exactly the resaon WSI should not have something like this. Unless, it can be buried somewhere.

Can you explain why you think its bad?

Cat Thief
02-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Can you explain why you think its bad?

I guess its not. I just can't decide if I want the singlea for the unknown game or the pari for the Cubs game. If I am interested I will let ya know and see if he still gots them.

NorthSideSox72
02-17-2006, 11:21 AM
I guess its not. I just can't decide if I want the singlea for the unknown game or the pari for the Cubs game. If I am interested I will let ya know and see if he still gots them.

:?:

You said it was bad to have posts like this on WSI at all. I asked what your reasoning was. Now you are trying to decide which tickets of his/hers you want to buy? Did you mean to reply to someone else or something?

MySoxAreClean
02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I guess its not. I just can't decide if I want the singlea for the unknown game or the pari for the Cubs game. If I am interested I will let ya know and see if he still gots them. No cherry picking games, all games are equal , just some teams have their own followers and like me, I dont mind going to Unkown games. Im a Sox Fan. The more game the better :supernana: <--- I do dance like this !

cmars1010
02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
I figured I would repost the following tickets that I will sell now that I got the tickets in the mail and have the exact price of each. I would be willing to sell about 5 of the following games for face value out of my ozzie plan, i will eat the service charge, it wasn't much. you can email me at cmars1010@yahoo.com if you want any. I WILL ALSO TRADE ANY 6 FOR ANY 2 TO OPENING DAY, ANYWHERE IN THE PARK!!!

2 TICKETS PER GAME

Minnesota Twins Fri April 21, 2006, 7:35 PM 13 dollars per ticket
Section SEC520
Row 13

LA Angels Tue May 9, 2006, 7:05 PM 13 dollars per ticket
Section SEC544
Row 1

La Angels Wed May 10, 2006, 7:05 PM 13 dollars per ticket
Section SEC544
Row 14

St.Louis Cardinals Tue June 20, 2006, 7:05 PM 22 dollars per ticket
Section SEC514
Row 12

St.Louis Cardinals Wed June 21, 2006, 7:05 PM 22 dollars per ticket
Section SEC514
Row 9

Cleveland Indians Fri September 8, 2006, 7:35 PM 17 dollars per ticket
Section SEC550
Row 7

Cleveland Indians Sat September 9, 2006 TBA 17 dollars per ticket
Section SEC512
Row 11

Chicago
02-25-2006, 11:39 AM
My new offer...

I'm looking for Opening Night

I have to offer:

St.L/Cubs 4/8 lowers
St.L/Cubs 4/9 BLCHRS

PHI/Cubs 8/21 BLCHRS Welcome Rowand Back

Cle/SOX 4/4 Ring Ceremony

Oak/Sox 5/22 Lowers Welcome Frank Back

Hou/Sox 6/23 Lowers Firework Night

Det/Sox 8/11 Elvis Night

MySoxAreClean
02-25-2006, 10:58 PM
trade 2 ring ceremony for 2 tix cubs friday at sox" no NOSE BLEED", I have 115 row 1