PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Times Sox Article (2/15)

Madvora
02-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Lots of interesting stuff in here today
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox15.html

As for moving Scott Podsednik from left field to center, Hahn said the organization has deemed that idea "a last option.'' That leaves Mackowiak as a serious contender to be the starting center fielder on Opening Day if Anderson doesn't show he is 100 percent.

"Jerry Owens is not ready to play center field right now,'' Williams said. "He had a shoulder injury a couple of years ago and had a procedure to take care of that. His arm strength hasn't come back. We were hoping to see some improvements in his strength this winter when he was playing in Venezuela, but there were none.''

Madvora
02-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Also mentioned in here is how Anderson's wrist still doesn't feel normal.
Now, he could (or should) be fine to play, and I hope he is, but I'm surprised that they're already looking at alternatives.

Baby Fisk
02-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Also mentioned in here is how Anderson's wrist still doesn't feel normal.
Now, he could (or should) be fine to play, and I hope he is, but I'm surprised that they're already looking at alternatives.
When can we start speculating about a deal for Ken Griffey? :redneck

ondafarm
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't call this a "search for alternatives" I would call this, "considering your options." With Ozzie being determined to rest each of his players and his looking to protect Anderson a little bit this season, I think knowing who else could play CF is just part of the normal process. Anderson will probably get rest days against righties whom he doesn't match up with well, that leaves both Mack and Borchard available to sub for him. Borchard will probably also sub for Dye and maybe Pods (against some lefties) while Mack will probably give Iguchi and Crede rest days. Thome and Konerko will probably rest each other (once a week Paulie will DH and Thome will play 1st.)

Madvora
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't call this a "search for alternatives"
I didn't. I called it "looking at alternatives" but I know what you mean.
I was a little surprised to see this today. I had no idea that Macowiack was even considered to be a CF.