PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day sold out

JohnBasedowYoda
02-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Didn't see a thread on this but O.D. is sold out. After buying my tickets in the morning I logged back on and checked to see what was available. Nada! I'm not sure if all the remaining tickets were released or if they were still trying to hold a few back for the general public.

NoNeckEra
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Didn't see a thread on this but O.D. is sold out. After buying my tickets in the morning I logged back on and checked to see what was available. Nada! I'm not sure if all the remaining tickets were released or if they were still trying to hold a few back for the general public.

So how do you know it's sold out?:?:

JohnBasedowYoda
02-14-2006, 08:05 PM
So how do you know it's sold out?:?:

uh when I put in a request for tickets it goes "this event is sold out"

ChiWhiteSox1337
02-14-2006, 08:06 PM
They weren't going to have them available tomorrow in the "pre-sale" for the general public, so they're probably sold out.

The Wall
02-14-2006, 10:11 PM
They weren't going to have them available tomorrow in the "pre-sale" for the general public, so they're probably sold out.

So there wont be any for friday either?

DaBears
02-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Opening Day and Cubs are all gone. They released everything today. Unless someones CC gets denied:redneck

IlliniSox4Life
02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Opening Day and Cubs are all gone. They released everything today. Unless someones CC gets denied:redneck

Source?

TomBradley72
02-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Source?

I tried to buy 2 for Opening Day and any of the Cubs series...nothing available....

WCCMIKE
02-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Didn't see a thread on this but O.D. is sold out. After buying my tickets in the morning I logged back on and checked to see what was available. Nada! I'm not sure if all the remaining tickets were released or if they were still trying to hold a few back for the general public.I guess i'm stuck paying ebay prices for some decent games:whiner:

IlliniSox4Life
02-14-2006, 11:24 PM
I tried to buy 2 for Opening Day and any of the Cubs series...nothing available....

I was looking for the source of "the released everything today".

rwcescato
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM

i am sure they left a few tix for tommorrow and friday as well. But don't worry it will be sold out.

lizard6king6
02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Im sure some will be left for tommorow and then the public. They probally limited tickets for the pre sale, guess we will all find out in the next few days

DoItForDanPasqua
02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I called the White Sox on Tuesday afternoon and they confirmed that opening day is sold out.

kjkobs
02-14-2006, 11:39 PM
in the past few years the cubs series wasn't made available to the general public (without a ticket plan) so i doubt there will be any for weds and/or fri

WCCMIKE
02-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I guess my only chance at getting good seats cheap is buying some Sox/KC tickets:D:

dcb56
02-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Im sure some will be left for tommorow and then the public. They probally limited tickets for the pre sale, guess we will all find out in the next few days

Uhhh, do you have a source?:rolleyes:

rocky biddle
02-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Just checked my email and got my password for the public pre-sale. It included this info.-

"Tickets are not available for Opening Day, April 2, and
the Sox vs. Cubs series, May 19-21, during this
presale. Tickets are limited for the Sox vs.
Red Sox (July 7-9) and Sox vs. Yankees (August 8-10)
series as well as Sox vs. Royals on May 6."

bayzbol44
02-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Just checked my email and got my password for the public pre-sale. It included this info.-

So why is the May 6 game limited? Am I missing something???

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 07:44 AM

:?:

Are the fireworks so popular that the Royals are in limited supply before public single-game sales even begin?

Realist
02-15-2006, 07:47 AM
I guess my only chance at getting good seats cheap is buying some Sox/KC tickets:D:

I wouldn't wait too long before jumping on those tickets either. That place is going to be a madhouse all season long. :smile:

steff
02-15-2006, 07:53 AM
i am sure they left a few tix for tommorrow and friday as well. But don't worry it will be sold out.

You're "sure" that they held back tickets from season ticket holders... :rolleyes:

I don't think so...

Scotty_T
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
So why is the May 6 game limited? Am I missing something???

Maybe the Sox threw that in there just to mess with us. :redneck

bayzbol44
02-15-2006, 08:02 AM
You are probably right. They just want me to try and buy these tickets, just so I can say I got hard to get tickets.

DaveIsHere
02-15-2006, 08:04 AM
I believe May 6th is Dog Day, that may be why, i just sent my form back iin for that this weekend.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 08:13 AM
I believe May 6th is Dog Day, that may be why, i just sent my form back iin for that this weekend.

Nope, that's a Friday night game against the Twins.

Jaffar
02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
For anybody looking for a source about opening day being sold out just go to ticketmaster and click on ticket sales for 4/2

Additional Information

Be Advised - Ticket inventory has been exhausted for this game date! Tickets will NOT be available for the Whitesox.com Registered User Presale or the General Public on sale.

Dan Mega
02-15-2006, 09:28 AM
That sucks :(: . Guess I'll have to get them from the ST holders who scalp their extras :wink:

crazyozzie02
02-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Any word on what kind of tickets you can get for April 4th? (I just want one of those damn rings)

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 09:36 AM
For anybody looking for a source about opening day being sold out just go to ticketmaster and click on ticket sales for 4/2

Same deal for all the Cubs game. No real surprise there as these haven't been available as single-game tickets for a few years now.

Ol' No. 2
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Any word on what kind of tickets you can get for April 4th? (I just want one of those damn rings)They'd be absolutely crazy not to have them for sale in the gift shop. They'd sell a hell of a lot of them.

chisoxfanatic
02-15-2006, 09:56 AM

Good seats are relative to where the best players are. :cool:

daveeym
02-15-2006, 10:04 AM
:?:

Are the fireworks so popular that the Royals are in limited supply before public single-game sales even begin?WOW holy crap. Good thing I got on the ball for that game. I was setting up a patio party for a bachelor party and really had to kick some asses to get our numbers confirmed. Glad I did so.

DaBears
02-15-2006, 10:06 AM

guys, the tickets are SOLD OUT. They didnt save anything for the public!!!!

celicacutie
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
guys, the tickets are SOLD OUT. They didnt save anything for the public!!!!

when you went to the link provided in the email it showed April 2nd and the green button to purchase tickets (as though there was a glimmer of hope, lol). When you clicked said button to go to ticketmaster it said tickets have been exhausted for this event.

Also, I went back and re-read the article about the pre-sale. It clearly did say no tickets available to the public for April 2.

geraldfritz
02-15-2006, 06:02 PM
i just bought two upper deck tix for opening day off of stub hub for about $100 a piece. its worth it to see them raise the championship flag.