PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta writer picks Sox in WS

Flight #24
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
From the AJC http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/braves/entries/2006/02/13/predictions_o_p.html

Predicted order of finish in the NL East:

Braves
Mets
Phillies
Nationals
Marlins
Other division winners:
NL Central: Cards; NL West: Padres; AL East: Yankees; AL Central: White Sox; AL West: As
Wild cards: Mets, Angels.
Pennant winners: Cardinals, White Sox
World Series champion: Cardinals over White Sox.

I'm sure the fact that the AJC is owned by Cox and not the Tribune co had no impact on such an obviously learned and well-reasoned set of predictions!

spiffie
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
He's obviously another media idiot since he didn't pick us to win, and hasn't picked us to win the last 30 years. Or he's a bandwagon-jumper, I forget which media epithet I mean to use here.

White Sox Randy
02-14-2006, 04:15 PM
I'll take it.

DaleJRFan
02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Picking the Braves to win the East is his first mistake. History has shown that there are much better ballclubs in that division.

Baby Fisk
02-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Picking the Braves to win the East is his first mistake. History has shown that there are much better ballclubs in that division.Picking the Braves in that division is almost anti-climactic. The fact that he doesn't pick them to win the NL says more. The Braves are always competitive, but always find a way to crash out of the playoffs (barring 1995).

FedEx227
02-15-2006, 01:30 AM
I guess we'll take it... apparently we've done nothing to improve our team whatsoever.

But hey its better then my RotoTimes.com Fantasy Baseball Mag. 7 of the 8 have us going to the playoffs either as the Central champs or the wildcard. But nobody with the World Title nod, infact only one with a World Series nod, with us losing to the Mets in the big Dance. One drillrod though Scott Wilderman seemed to be completely out of his mind.

AL Central: Cleveland
AL Wild Card: Toronto
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: San Fransisco
AL Champ: Yankees
NL Champ: ....SAN FRANCISCO
World Series Champ: ........................:?::?::?: San Francisco
NL Sleeper: Matt Murton
AL Bust: But of course, White Sox rotation.

soxfanatlanta
02-15-2006, 07:54 AM
I guess we'll take it... apparently we've done nothing to improve our team whatsoever.

But hey its better then my RotoTimes.com Fantasy Baseball Mag. 7 of the 8 have us going to the playoffs either as the Central champs or the wildcard. But nobody with the World Title nod, infact only one with a World Series nod, with us losing to the Mets in the big Dance. One drillrod though Scott Wilderman seemed to be completely out of his mind.

AL Central: Cleveland
AL Wild Card: Toronto
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: San Fransisco
AL Champ: Yankees
NL Champ: ....SAN FRANCISCO
World Series Champ: ........................:?::?::?: San Francisco
NL Sleeper: Matt Murton
AL Bust: But of course, White Sox rotation.

Was that Scott Wilderman, or his laptop's simulated games prediction?

The Critic
02-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I love the Cardinals, but I don't see them winning the World Series this year at all.
They've lost a lot of bullpen depth and I'm not sure about Junior Spivey and Aaron Miles at 2B, or Juan Encarnacion and Larry Bigbie replacing Larry Walker and Reggie Sanders.
They'll be very good because of their pitching, and they still have one of baseball's best hitters in Albert Pujols, but I just don't see a World Series team there.

nodiggity59
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
I love the Cardinals, but I don't see them winning the World Series this year at all.
They've lost a lot of bullpen depth and I'm not sure about Junior Spivey and Aaron Miles at 2B, or Juan Encarnacion and Larry Bigbie replacing Larry Walker and Reggie Sanders.
They'll be very good because of their pitching, and they still have one of baseball's best hitters in Albert Pujols, but I just don't see a World Series team there.

Agreed, though unfortunately this means the Flubs will be within reach of winning the division. Not likely, but they have more of a shot.