PDA

View Full Version : Negro League Players in Hall of Fame Story

robiwho
02-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Morning Edition ran a nice piece today about the Negro League players under consideration for the HOF:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5204890

scottjanssens
02-14-2006, 02:41 PM
I didn't know there was a Negro League Museum. I think a road trip will be in order. I'll be at the baseball HOF next month.

spawn
02-15-2006, 10:15 AM
That is a very nice piece. I've been wantint to visit the Negro League Hall of Fame, but never get the time to do so. I think I'll have to make the time.

goofymsfan
02-15-2006, 03:00 PM
That is a very nice piece. I've been wantint to visit the Negro League Hall of Fame, but never get the time to do so. I think I'll have to make the time.

MAKE THE TIME! Incorporate it into a time maybe when the Sox are playing the Royals. That way you get to see some games and the museum. I went there this past summer. It was fantastic! The only drawback is that you can't take a camera in with you for copyright reasons. There are so many interactive displays and such. Take your time going through. My mom and I spent a great deal of time going through and I still felt like we rushed through as there is SO MUCH cool stuff and displays there. You won't regret going.

My next goal is to get to Cooperstown.