PDA

View Full Version : Whitesox are all class

WhiteSox05Champs
02-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Unfortunately my invitation to the private auto session as Soxfest did not arrive out here in rural Colorado until after I had left for Soxfest on Friday. When I got back I found the invitations to the private autograph session in my mailbox.

Not a big deal though as I got Garland's autograph a few years back. Anyway, I decided to send Brooks an email, just suggesting that they get them out earlier next year, or perhaps give them out at the hotel when you check in like the Soxfest tickets. I didn't ask for anything or even include my address. He replied thanking me for going and letting me know that he would pass on my suggestions.

Fast forward a few weeks to today and I get a package from the Sox in the mail today. Inside is a letter from Christine O'Reilly apologizing and letting me know my comments will be helpful. Also included was an autographed 8x10 of Garland.

So basicly they took the time to find my reservation, find my address and mail me all of this. All from a simple email Brooks. What other team has accessibility and commitment like this? Quite impressive IMO.

Sox = :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

fusillirob1983
02-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm sure they have a pretty easily accessible list, but that was a great gesture.

miker
02-14-2006, 01:23 PM
When you win, even the customer service is better! :D:

Ol' No. 2
02-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately my invitation to the private auto session as Soxfest did not arrive out here in rural Colorado until after I had left for Soxfest on Friday. When I got back I found the invitations to the private autograph session in my mailbox.

Not a big deal though as I got Garland's autograph a few years back. Anyway, I decided to send Brooks an email, just suggesting that they get them out earlier next year, or perhaps give them out at the hotel when you check in like the Soxfest tickets. I didn't ask for anything or even include my address. He replied thanking me for going and letting me know that he would pass on my suggestions.

Fast forward a few weeks to today and I get a package from the Sox in the mail today. Inside is a letter from Christine O'Reilly apologizing and letting me know my comments will be helpful. Also included was an autographed 8x10 of Garland.

So basicly they took the time to find my reservation, find my address and mail me all of this. All from a simple email Brooks. What other team has accessibility and commitment like this? Quite impressive IMO.

Sox = :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:I wish my rep was as good about returning emails as Brooks Boyer is.

scottjanssens
02-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I wish my rep was as good about returning emails as Brooks Boyer is.

I've found phone calls work better. I've never gotten my rep, Dave Eklin, when I've called, but if I leave a message he always returns my call that day.

spiffie
02-14-2006, 02:50 PM
I've found phone calls work better. I've never gotten my rep, Dave Eklin, when I've called, but if I leave a message he always returns my call that day.
Dave has been really good about getting back to me whether via phone or email. He responded once while checking email on vacation, which I thought was just crazy!

MUScholar21
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
The White Sox are just as classless as their fans have shown to be.

Nice job by Brooks - the day he leaves this job, for whatever reason, will be a sad one for all Sox fans (most of whom will never even know why)

Dan Mega
02-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow, season ticket holders really do get the red carpet treatment. I'll admit, I'm envious.

Non-season ticket holders like myself must be the 2nd fan for the 2nd team in the 2nd city. :redneck

Dolly
02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
I wish my rep was as good about returning emails as Brooks Boyer is.Me too!!

And how do you get an invite to the private autograph session????? I didn't even know there WAS one!!!!

JohnBasedowYoda
02-14-2006, 03:10 PM
I think Brooks is working us up for an eventual run for Mayor of Chicago.
:smile: