PDA

View Full Version : Kudos ..... to Jerry Reinsdorf

Hangar18
02-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I heard over the weekend his interview with Mike North, regarding Ozzies visit to the White House. Jerry was very candid and forthcoming in his answers. What was more amazing, was North got pretty tough with his questions, and normally, Uncle Jerry wouldnt even be answering these questions anyway, historically avoiding all Interviews and letting the Media and Public believe whatever they wanted. It was that "who-cares-what-the-media-thinks" attitude that has made him a villain in this town. It was totally surprising and refreshing to hear his points, and at one point, he correctly noted that when the Bulls went to the WHite House, MJ wasnt there, and he noted how the Media didnt make a big deal about that.
He continued to say that this shouldnt be that big a deal, and that every team that visits the White House, has players missing. He said he thought about mandating Ozzie to be there, but he thought he shouldnt and that its a personal decision and said Ozzie has worked extra hard signing autographs and taking the Trophy places. He also said, again being forthcoming, that if its true some players werent going to the White House because of political beliefs, he said that would be "disappointing" because its a "priviledge" to be invited to the White House, and you never know when the next time you'll be asked there. Great interview .......

ChiSoxGirl
02-13-2006, 11:49 AM
I heard over the weekend his interview with Mike North, regarding Ozzies visit to the White House. Jerry was very candid and forthcoming in his answers. What was more amazing, was North got pretty tough with his questions, and normally, Uncle Jerry wouldnt even be answering these questions anyway, historically avoiding all Interviews and letting the Media and Public believe whatever they wanted. It was that "who-cares-what-the-media-thinks" attitude that has made him a villain in this town. It was totally surprising and refreshing to hear his points, and at one point, he correctly noted that when the Bulls went to the WHite House, MJ wasnt there, and he noted how the Media didnt make a big deal about that.
He continued to say that this shouldnt be that big a deal, and that every team that visits the White House, has players missing. He said he thought about mandating Ozzie to be there, but he thought he shouldnt and that its a personal decision and said Ozzie has worked extra hard signing autographs and taking the Trophy places. He also said, again being forthcoming, that if its true some players werent going to the White House because of political beliefs, he said that would be "disappointing" because its a "priviledge" to be invited to the White House, and you never know when the next time you'll be asked there. Great interview .......

I also heard this interview, which was replayed on Saturday morning. Ordinarily I listen to nothing North has to say, but when I heard he'd be replaying Reinsdorf's interview, I stayed tuned.

Expecting the same 'ol garbage from Reinsdorf from past radio interviews, I was incredibly impressed with his candidness and honesty during the interview, and his abrupt attitude toward who became a very hasty Mike North. Reinsdorf had a legitimate answer for everything North threw at him. He brought his facts to the table and whenever North thought he had him fumbling for words, Uncle Jerry played his Ace of Spades, if you will; he had a concise and well thought out answer for everything. He represented the organization with class. Reinsdorf was sure to point out that Jordan blew off the White House visit in 1991 after the Bulls' first NBA Championship, but that he did make appearances in the following years. Perhaps this will be the case for Guillen in the future as well, since the Sox will be invited next year, too! :cool:

robiwho
02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I was so impressed by Reinsdorf. Considering some of the disasterous interviews he's given in the past, my expectations weren't high, but he did a wonderful job. Did someone finally make him get some media training or is it just the incandescent glow that comes with a world championship that did it? :D:

tick53
02-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I was so impressed by Reinsdorf. Considering some of the disasterous interviews he's given in the past, my expectations weren't high, but he did a wonderful job. Did someone finally make him get some media training or is it just the incandescentglow that comes with a world championship that did it? :D:

I'm going with the glow. Winning a WS could turn Gomer Pyle into a silver-
tongued orator..

Nice job Mr. Chairman!!:smile:

HotelWhiteSox
02-13-2006, 04:30 PM
What was even more amazing is how much of a douchebag North is. I was flipping the dial this morning, and North was talking to Senator Durbin, and told him that Reinsdorf was disappointed with Ozzie. How could he say that after that interview and how the Score has replayed it for days since this is supposedly the big issue (a non issue to me). I guess that's what happens when you're so stubborn to opposing opinions, you have to lie to help justify your own argument

ode to veeck
02-13-2006, 07:19 PM
What was even more amazing is how much of a douchebag North is.

Why is that?!?! Been well known for quite a long time, about a half step from the Moronatti

ws05champs
02-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Why is that?!?! Been well known for quite a long time, about a half step from the Moronatti

Only a half step? After trying to listen to the Saturday show I had to turn it off. He kept badgering his guests on the non-issue, licked the boots of callers who agreed with him and was extremely rude to an occasional caller that got through who opposed his view. I was totally disgusted with his running of the show and will never have that twerp on my radion again. Did the Sox have any idea what they were getting themselves into when they made the deal with WSCR? What a trashy operation.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Reinsdorf's smartest decision ever : Putting the muzzle on Eddie the idiot Einhorn 20 years ago. I thought he died until I saw him at the White House.

Dan H
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Only a half step? After trying to listen to the Saturday show I had to turn it off. He kept badgering his guests on the non-issue, licked the boots of callers who agreed with him and was extremely rude to an occasional caller that got through who opposed his view. I was totally disgusted with his running of the show and will never have that twerp on my radion again. Did the Sox have any idea what they were getting themselves into when they made the deal with WSCR? What a trashy operation.

I hardly ever listened to North and don't understand why he is so overpaid. At the moment, I listen to the station almost never. It just doesn't do anything for me. Reinsdorf did handle this well.

miker
02-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I hardly ever listened to North and don't understand why he is so overpaid. At the moment, I listen to the station almost never. It just doesn't do anything for me. Reinsdorf did handle this well.
Do you think JR may have a slight case of "buyer's remorse" after moving to "the Scorn" (misspelling intentional)?

I don't want the radio flagship to totally kiss the White Sox organization's behind (for example see WGN-Cubbies), but at the same time I would like them to be less acrimonious.

my5thbench
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
North has been talking this topic to death since Friday, ordinarily he & Reinsdorf have a very good repoire, some of their interviews have been very good & quite positive. Mike is a Sox fan despite some of his shortcomings, but he can't get off Ozzie's butt about this, it's just crazy.

Boars & Bernstein were very funny attacking the dopes who called Ozzie everything short of a Communist.......good Lord Ozzie just got done calling
his US citizenship the proudest moment of his life.

selective listening I guess

kevin57
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
I was impressed by JR's composure and candidness in the face of relentless Mike North type questioning. Of course, North took a call from some Sox fan who was hyperventilating over Ozzie's not going to the White House. I could hear Reinsdorf on the verge of tears. He obviously didn't like to hear any Sox fan saying that this "slight" would "forever tarnish" his memories of the '05 championship.