PDA

View Full Version : How is the Feb 15 pre-sale going to work?

nasox
02-13-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm a little confused about how the Wed. presale is going to work. I signed up at whitesox.com (because, as it turns out, I was never a member before).
Now what?

Is this a ticket presale from ticketmaster.com where we will get emailed a password, or is it something else.

I feel like I am missing something here. Can anybody explain this, or does anybody have more info on the presale? Thanks!

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm a little confused about how the Wed. presale is going to work. I signed up at whitesox.com (because, as it turns out, I was never a member before).
Now what?

Is this a ticket presale from ticketmaster.com where we will get emailed a password, or is it something else.

I feel like I am missing something here. Can anybody explain this, or does anybody have more info on the presale? Thanks!

The press release indicates that a password will be e-mailed to you the morning of the 15th. You will need the password to access the ticket sale site.

nasox
02-13-2006, 10:11 AM
The press release indicates that a password will be e-mailed to you the morning of the 15th. You will need the password to access the ticket sale site.

Thanks. So because I can log in at whitesox.com, I should be OK, right?:?:

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks. So because I can log in at whitesox.com, I should be OK, right?:?:

I assume so. You should get an e-mail at the address you registered with.

chisoxmike
02-13-2006, 10:16 AM
You will be getting a e-mail on the morning of the 15th. It will have a password and a link to a website to log into. Click on the link, you will probably have to type in your e-mail address and password they gave you, from there you will be able to buy tickets. And, it probably will be through ticketmaster.

For ST holders, same deal but on the morning of the 14th.

HotelWhiteSox
02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm sure you can go through from whitesox.com, but the Ticketmaster.com page will probably have a place to enter the password when you choose your tickets, kind of like how you do when you have a discount password. I have my fingers crossed though, because with Ticketmaster running things...

Tekijawa
02-13-2006, 04:29 PM
On the night of the 14th you will go to bed praying that the Season ticket holders didn't buy all the tickets to the games that you want to go to earlier that day. On the morning of the 15th you will open your mailbox to find your login ID and pasword. With your heart beating at an uncontrollable pace you will log in to the website and Click best available for Opening day/Cubs Series/Yankees/Boston/Cardinals/Astros: A message will pop up from a virtual waiting room telling you not to refresh or you will lose your place in line... you will wonder maybe I should try for another game? But you won't for fear of losing your place in line... 20 minutes later you will get a message that your computer either timed out or your tickets were not available. You will settle for watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on some April Wednesday at 1:05 because that is all that is available, not to mention that they are in row 22 of section 355... You will arrive at this website shortly thereafter and rant for 12 days about how the process isn't fair... Don't get your hopes up, that is the only way in which I can see a good outcome for those of you that will log on on the 15.

As a ST holder with the ability to log on on the 14th, I'm not expecting much...

spiffie
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
You will settle for watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on some April Wednesday at 1:05 because that is all that is available, not to mention that they are in row 22 of section 355...
Those seats would really suck, since you'd be in the kitchen area of the club level I think.

Baby Fisk
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Those seats would really suck, since you'd be in the kitchen area of the club level I think.You could watch on the indoor TVs while scarfing down pork nachos as the chef hands them to you.

rookie
02-13-2006, 08:28 PM
He must be thinking about the Bulls games...

Jurr
02-13-2006, 09:07 PM
On the night of the 14th you will go to bed praying that the Season ticket holders didn't buy all the tickets to the games that you want to go to earlier that day. On the morning of the 15th you will open your mailbox to find your login ID and pasword. With your heart beating at an uncontrollable pace you will log in to the website and Click best available for Opening day/Cubs Series/Yankees/Boston/Cardinals/Astros: A message will pop up from a virtual waiting room telling you not to refresh or you will lose your place in line... you will wonder maybe I should try for another game? But you won't for fear of losing your place in line... 20 minutes later you will get a message that your computer either timed out or your tickets were not available. You will settle for watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on some April Wednesday at 1:05 because that is all that is available, not to mention that they are in row 22 of section 355... You will arrive at this website shortly thereafter and rant for 12 days about how the process isn't fair... Don't get your hopes up, that is the only way in which I can see a good outcome for those of you that will log on on the 15.

As a ST holder with the ability to log on on the 14th, I'm not expecting much...
Harsh, but a valid point. It's not going to be THAT extreme, but good tickets are going to be a purty penny! Know why? Because they will be the proud property of Stubhub.com.

jake5824
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
im going to try to get those opening day tickets tomorrow being a season ticket holder and im not holding my breath.

cub tickets will be all bought out tomorrow but you have a better shot at getting them.

comiskey2000
02-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I feel sorry for those who are banking on the 17th. What a dumb fan, waiting until tickets actually go on sale to the public.

miker
02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I feel sorry for those who are banking on the 17th. What a dumb fan, waiting until tickets actually go on sale to the public.
Chicago Tribune, 2/18/06...

Elite Sox Fans Mock Less Fortunate
Snobbish season ticket holders prevent regular fans from seeing World Champs by hoarding tickets and ransoming them through brokers

PatK
02-15-2006, 09:01 AM
I haven't gotten my e-mail yet, but I can log on. I'm getting nervous.

rocky biddle
02-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I posted this in the Opening Day Sold Out thread. I got my email from TM. It said that Opening Day and the Cubs series are sold out. It also said there are limited tickets left for the Boston and New York series as well as May 6th against the Royals.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66499&page=2

cmars1010
02-15-2006, 09:16 AM
so did only one person on the whole board get this ticket master email?

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 09:17 AM

I got it but I picked up all the tickets I needed yesterday.

ChiSoxGirl
02-15-2006, 09:21 AM

I got the e-mail at 6:20a, complete with the presale code needed, in addition to the whole mlb.com account. I'm a little worried though, because I've been having trouble logging in (to make sure I was indeed registered) with my e-mail address and current password for days, and I've tried the password I use most frequently for everything now, and the one I was using a few years ago. I clicked on "forgot your password?" and nothing happened- not even an e-mail was sent to me. I have a bad feeling this may screw me over come 10a. :angry: At this point though, does it even matter? A majority of the hot games, also known as games I'd give my left arm to attend, are gone already. :mad:

cmars1010
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
is the password a one person password or a universal password, if it is universal would someone mind posting it, because it seems I am not getting the email. thanks

Scotty_T
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
At this point though, does it even matter? A majority of the hot games, also known as games I'd give my left arm to attend, are gone already. :mad:

Why didn't you just buy an Ozzie plan??

I don't understand this complaining about tickets to the hot games going fast. Is this a surprise? We just won the World Series. There will still be plenty of tickets available to other games to see the Sox. If this isn't good enough, you should have planned ahead and bought a split season package.

ChiSoxGirl
02-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Why didn't you just buy an Ozzie plan??

I don't understand this complaining about tickets to the hot games going fast. Is this a surprise? We just won the World Series. There will still be plenty of tickets available to other games to see the Sox. If this isn't good enough, you should have planned ahead and bought a split season package.

I wasn't complaining, just merely stating the facts. If I were complaining, you'd know the difference.

And as for buying an Ozzie plan, or any other season ticket plan, I have my reasons- it's just not practical for me. If you'd like to know why it's not practical, feel free to PM me, but I'm not going to list why in this thread to bore everyone with.

HotelWhiteSox
02-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Nice got me email at 630. Now, with TM at the helm, all we can do is pray

nasox
02-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I never got the email. I registered sunday with two different emails. Anybody know why, or want to PM a password??

Dan Mega
02-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I haven't gotten an email on either of my accounts. And no spam-blocker is not stopping it.

MinnySoxFan
02-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I got mine..i would give the password but i wouldn't like any brokers getting my worldchamps tickets

itsnotrequired
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I got mine..i would give the password but i wouldn't like any brokers getting my worldchamps tickets

It's almost as if there is a hidden message in your post.

:wink:

MinnySoxFan
02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
It's almost as if there is a hidden message in your post.

:wink:

no hidden messages in there whatsoever

CHIsoxNation
02-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Nice

chisoxfanatic
02-15-2006, 10:59 AM
no hidden messages in there whatsoever

:tealpolice:

34 Inch Stick
02-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I can understand the popularity of the other series but why are those Royal games almost sold out.

Dan Mega
02-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks MSN, with your help I have gotten 4 games so far.

If we get tickets to the same game I will buy you a cold one.