PDA

View Full Version : What are you paying for opening day tix?

Jurr
02-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Hey everyone...hope all is well.

I just got my tickets for opening day.....finally broke down and got over my fears of getting burned.

I paid 110 per ticket to sit right behind home plate in the 500's. I'm thinking 534 or 535. I'm hoping I didn't pay too much...I heard prices may stick because of the panic that will ensue after Feb 17th.

For those of you that have been going the broker site/ebay route, what have you guys been paying for tickets? I'm just curious.

Hope to see you all out at the park April 2. Do we have a WSI rallying point yet for the game? We should get a big tailgate together. The weather will certainly give it an NFL tailgate feel.

gosox83
02-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Where did you get those?

The cheapest I have found so far for behind home plate upper deck is $217 each.

I agree with you that after Feb. 17th the prices will skyrocket.

So it is now or never, and if I can find them for what you got them for, I am jumping on it.

TomBradley72
02-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Paid $75 apiece for a total of 8 in the upper deck about a month ago (eBay)...all set for Game 2 (Double Play)...working on Game 3...

chisoxfanatic
02-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I paid $31.22 for my opening day ticket. This ticket is part of my Hit & Run season ticket plan. It'll be a blast to see our World Series Championship banner put up there in the rafters for all to see!

BRDSR
02-13-2006, 12:56 PM
I'll be paying face value tomorrow morning at exactly 10 AM when they go on sale to split-season ticket holders.

Otherwise I'll be paying out the nose on ebay or stubhub at about 10:30 AM.

celicacutie
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll be paying face value tomorrow morning at exactly 10 AM when they go on sale to split-season ticket holders.

Otherwise I'll be paying out the nose on ebay or stubhub at about 10:30 AM.

Isn't it the 15th, Wednesday...not tomorrow the 14th?

mcg
02-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Nothing! I won a pair at the Pontiac display at the Auto Show yesterday. I haven't gotten the actual tickets yet and the certificate they gave me says Pontiac Fundamentals Deck so I guess they're just SRO but it still beats sitting at home watching the game on TV!

I want Mags back
02-13-2006, 03:18 PM
nothing. won 2 on MLB.com's opening day bracket challenge

BRDSR
02-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Isn't it the 15th, Wednesday...not tomorrow the 14th?

The 15th is the presale date for those registered at whitesox.com. The 14th is the presale date for those who own split or full season ticket packages.

Brian26
02-13-2006, 09:10 PM
The cheapest I have found so far for behind home plate upper deck is $217 each.

I'm loving the fact that I was fortunate to get in on a season ticket package at the end of last year.

jake5824
02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm loving the fact that I was fortunate to get in on a season ticket package at the end of last year.

honestly i will be somewhat surprised if i am able to sign in at 10am tomorrow and get 2 tickets to opening day. I just know the white sox will pull some b/s and say none are available

jamokes
02-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Go down to the park, Sunday afternoon on opening day. SSSOOOOO many people are buying up Sox tickets to make a killing.............it's supply and demand the day of the game. WATCH!!

Scotty_T
02-14-2006, 08:55 AM

Amen. Can't even get into lower box anymore. I pulled the trigger also as the right time.

Scottiehaswheels
02-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Go down to the park, Sunday afternoon on opening day. SSSOOOOO many people are buying up Sox tickets to make a killing.............it's supply and demand the day of the game. WATCH!!

I suppose you were also able to get World Series tix at face that way huh? Not to be a jerk but opening day is gonna have as big a demand as any of the Series games.. thinking otherwise is silly

soxfan13
02-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Hopefully face!! Its good to have friends in high places LOL

TDog
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Have the Sox become the Cubs?

Maybe it's easy for me to say this, living three time zones away, but I wouldn't pay more than face value. There are some seats I wouldn't pay face value for. I would rather sit in the bleachers than pay $75 to $100 to sit in foul territory.

IlliniSox4Life
02-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Have the Sox become the Cubs?

Maybe it's easy for me to say this, living three time zones away, but I wouldn't pay more than face value. There are some seats I wouldn't pay face value for. I would rather sit in the bleachers than pay $75 to $100 to sit in foul territory. Would you pay over face for World Series tickets?

The Critic
02-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Not going to Opening Night - have to work anyway.
Going to Ring Day, paid under face value as it averaged out with my season split.
16 bucks per seat on average for sect. 524, row 8.
Can't complain.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Raising the banner will be cool, but isn't the ring ceremony (game 2 I think) almost as important? The banner will always be there, every game. The ring ceremony is a one-shot deal. I'm leaning towards buying that game instead and saving a few bucks over Opening Day prices online.

Scotty_T
02-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Raising the banner will be cool, but isn't the ring ceremony (game 2 I think) almost as important? The banner will always be there, every game. The ring ceremony is a one-shot deal. I'm leaning towards buying that game instead and saving a few bucks over Opening Day prices online.

Opening night will be electric. Can't miss it.

IlliniSox4Life
02-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Opening night will be electric. Can't miss it.

I agree, but I almost wonder if ring day would be more....it gets all those fans who can't affor to pay for the premo tickets but are still die hard enough to go to the non-premium games.

miker
02-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I'll be watching on TV. As much as I love the White Sox and want to be there, I don't want to spend over face value for baseball tickets.

Being unemployed doesn't help either...:(:

DeadMoney
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I'll be watching on TV

Problem is, with the game being on ESPN2, I'm not sure how much of the "festivities" celebrating the World Championship will be shown on TV. I'm going to be probably paying mid-upper 100's per ticket to get my girlfriend and I into the park that night. I'm 18 and in college, but I'm also willing to put up the money because I haven't missed opening day since I was 10 and definitely won't miss THIS one. It's just unfortunate that my folks had to get rid of our season tix for financial reasons (mostly tuition) the past couple years.

miker
02-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Problem is, with the game being on ESPN2, I'm not sure how much of the "festivities" celebrating the World Championship will be shown on TV. I'm going to be probably paying mid-upper 100's per ticket to get my girlfriend and I into the park that night. I'm 18 and in college, but I'm also willing to put up the money because I haven't missed opening day since I was 10 and definitely won't miss THIS one. It's just unfortunate that my folks had to get rid of our season tix for financial reasons (mostly tuition) the past couple years.
Good point! If I don't make it, please cheer extra loud for me and the others who couldn't. Thanks!

Dansoxfan04
02-14-2006, 02:32 PM
We paid $67 for two tickets on opening day in SEC. 520, those were of course from a friend who owns season tickets and bought us two tickets.

MUScholar21
02-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Problem is, with the game being on ESPN2, I'm not sure how much of the "festivities" celebrating the World Championship will be shown on TV

You might be in luck however. With it being a national game of great importance in the Chicago area on cable, there is a good chance they might do something like they did during the playoffs and do for the NFL; that is, it may be broadcast on WCIU or one of the local schlep stations so everyone can see it. When they did that for playoff games on ESPN (the entire ALDS vs. Boston) they also had a lot of extended coverage not only on the U, but also on the networks via the local sports anchors. This way, when ESPN is showing that mock trial of the Cubs "curse" or a wrap up of the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry thru 2005, you can avoid choking on your own vomit or whatever reaction that crap instigates you to do.