PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park Seats ??

lizard6king6
02-12-2006, 02:23 AM
I was at work today and a lady I worked with mentioned she won 2 seats from Comiskey years ago when they got rid of em. She was talking about selling it and I told her I wanted them. Question is, how much do these chairs usually go for or how much do you think they are worth? She said she has a certificate from the white sox and official documentation and everything. Original Comiskey Park seats would be something cool to have.

MrRoboto83
02-12-2006, 02:43 AM
I was at work today and a lady I worked with mentioned she won 2 seats from Comiskey years ago when they got rid of em. She was talking about selling it and I told her I wanted them. Question is, how much do these chairs usually go for or how much do you think they are worth? She said she has a certificate from the white sox and official documentation and everything. Original Comiskey Park seats would be something cool to have.

Well if US Cellular seats went for $400, I can only imagine what these seats could be worth.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2006, 02:56 AM

I could swear I've seen them go for only $75-100 at the Sox garage sales in the past... I think the $400 that Mr. Roboto mentioned for the blue seats is a complete scam.... Do a thread search in regards to the blue seat sale... could have sworn I remember someone posting something in regards to the Old Comiskey seats and price

IlliniSox4Life
02-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Just from my own personal view of what they should be worth, somewhere between $100-$200.

Timmy D's
02-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Please post what ya buy 'em for, or what she sells them 4. Even though I'll never sell them, have a set of 4 connectected old Comiskey seats bolted to the floor of my basement. I'll never sell them though. I bought the whole lot for $375 many years ago mind ya.

chisoxfan64
02-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Please post what ya buy 'em for, or what she sells them 4. Even though I'll never sell them, have a set of 4 connectected old Comiskey seats bolted to the floor of my basement. I'll never sell them though. I bought the whole lot for $375 many years ago mind ya.

I also have a set of four. I bought them for 75 dollars when the White Sox put them up for sale. I recently saw someone selling a set of 4 on Ebay, the bidding went to I believe 700 dollars but the reserve was not met.

cy4979
02-12-2006, 12:50 PM
If it is form old Comiskey you might want to check out this web sit that I found. www.ballparkseats.com (http://www.ballparkseats.com/)

dllrbll7
02-12-2006, 10:48 PM

They originally sold them for about $250 a seat and then no one bought them so they put them in the parking lots and sold them for $25 a seat. The left over ones were tossed and salvaged by the locals. Nowadays you can find them on ebay once inawhile for atleast $250 a seat or so. It depends if its the wooden or the plastic one. I bought 4 old chicago stadium seats on ebay for $300 which I thought was a steal, however I have spent about 40hrs trying to mount them and still have some work left, but its going to be sweet once its done!

ewokpelts
02-12-2006, 11:40 PM
$250 was the selling price from the sox back in 2000, the last year they offere full seats for sale...
Gene

Chez
02-13-2006, 11:46 AM
When the Sox moved across the street, season ticket holders got an old green seat for free. I remember attending the auction at the new park when they were auctioning items from the old park (all of which fetched HUGE prices), they were selling the old green seats out of a truck in the parking lot for $25 per seat -- I doubt this was an officially sanctioned sale! I bought two and have them in my basement.