PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Pirates tickets?

chisoxmike
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Does anybody know when Pirates tickets go on sale? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going to the Wednesday and Thursday games this summer but I can not find out when their tickets go on sale. They are really pushing their season tickets on their site and there is nothing that says something about single game tickets. This is probably becuase they want to sell packages with All Star Game tickets first.

Scottiehaswheels
02-11-2006, 07:02 PM
I believe they go on sale early in March... I might have an extra ticket though if my gf decides not to go which is probable... My seat is about 15 rows behind the Sox dugout... Lemme know if you're interested

chisoxmike
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I believe they go on sale early in March... I might have an extra ticket though if my gf decides not to go which is probable... My seat is about 15 rows behind the Sox dugout... Lemme know if you're interested

Thanks!:bandance:

soxwon
02-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Does anybody know when Pirates tickets go on sale? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be going to the Wednesday and Thursday games this summer but I can not find out when their tickets go on sale. They are really pushing their season tickets on their site and there is nothing that says something about single game tickets. This is probably becuase they want to sell packages with All Star Game tickets first.

you can get on their mailing list.
ill be there too that week.
where are you staying?

ChiSoxGirl
02-11-2006, 10:11 PM

Let me know if you're in for sure because I know IronFisk and chisoxfanatic have also expressed an interest in going. Since I know you're not up for the whole roadtrip thing, we can start scouting airfares; it'd be great if we could all fly out together. :cool: Seeing as my last day of work is June 9 (I luuuv the perks of being a teacher :wink:), I was thinking of flying out on Tuesday morning and also going to that night's game. I'm so excited to be seeing the Sox on the road for the first time ever! :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
02-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Let me know if you're in for sure because I know IronFisk and chisoxfanatic have also expressed an interest in going.

I'm still interested. It IS great being a teacher and having the option of taking the entire summer off of work if you want to AND still get tons of days off the rest of the year as well!!!

God, it sucks working less than 50% of the year! :tongue:

soxjim
02-11-2006, 10:56 PM
This is the trip I had in mind before I deploy. I found $126 round trip from Rockford with free parking.

NDSox12
02-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm also hoping to go to at least one of the games in Pittsburgh. Not quite as long of a trip for me coming up from DC. If you all decide to get tickets early, give me a shout.

I've been to most MLB parks and Pittsburgh is right near the top of my list. For those of you who have not been there, I highly recommend making the trip. I just wish this series was going to be on a weekend.

Scottiehaswheels
02-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Just FYI for anyone interested... I bought the personalized 8 game plan that they offer... Picked up all the Sox games plus 5 others... total comes to like $370 something for 2 seats behind the visitors dugout.. but by buying the package you also get the chance to buy All Star futures or All Star HomeRun Derby tix... well worth the outlay for 5 games you don't wanna go to... I picked up 3 Pirates vs. Cards and 2 Pirates vs. Cubs to complete the package... Figure if I have to sell em at face on stubhub its still well worth it.. especially since you can get great seats early before they go on sale to the general public

soxjim
02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Took a look at their message boards. looks like single game tickets go on sale around March 1st to the 4th time frame.

NDSox12
02-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Just FYI for anyone interested... I bought the personalized 8 game plan that they offer... Picked up all the Sox games plus 5 others... total comes to like $370 something for 2 seats behind the visitors dugout.. but by buying the package you also get the chance to buy All Star futures or All Star HomeRun Derby tix... well worth the outlay for 5 games you don't wanna go to... I picked up 3 Pirates vs. Cards and 2 Pirates vs. Cubs to complete the package... Figure if I have to sell em at face on stubhub its still well worth it.. especially since you can get great seats early before they go on sale to the general public

Thanks for the info... I will definitely look into that. One thing though... it looks to me like the 8 game package includes a chance to buy tickets for All-Star Sunday festivities. I don't see where it says anything about the Home Run Derby (which is on Monday). Am I missing something?

Scottiehaswheels
02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the info... I will definitely look into that. One thing though... it looks to me like the 8 game package includes a chance to buy tickets for All-Star Sunday festivities. I don't see where it says anything about the Home Run Derby (which is on Monday). Am I missing something?

The rep I spoke with (Tom Karayusuf, 412-325-4774) told me the 8 game plan doesn't include the chance to buy All Star game tix... Just the peripherals.. i.e. Homerun derby and futures/celebrities game... I believe the actual All Star game tix are reserved for MLB/Pirate season ticket holders...

soxwon
02-12-2006, 12:17 AM
This is the trip I had in mind before I deploy. I found $126 round trip from Rockford with free parking.

about $135 from ohare now

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
about $135 from ohare now

I think southwest has $49 fares one way don't they? from midway..

Edit: 108+taxes&fees roundtrip..... but can only book through June 9 on Southwest right now...

MrRoboto83
02-12-2006, 02:24 AM

I was thinking about going to that series. I have always wanted to check out PNC Park.

soxwon
02-18-2006, 07:05 PM
im lookin for someone to room with that tue-wed night and attend the wed-thur games.
we could split a real nice hotel neasr the park, and it would cost us not a whole lot.
email me at soxwon56@comcast.net
ken

Palehose13
02-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I hope to be making the trip with my college roomie who is a Pirate fan. It just depends if I get enough money from scalping some of my season tickets. :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
02-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Good to see so many of yinz coming out! I got my dad's company seats behind the Bucs dugout, but I'd be happy to show anyone around the park and the town when the time comes. :gulp:

soxwon
02-19-2006, 12:06 PM
when do the pirate tix go onsale?

ewokpelts
02-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Anyone interested in buying tickets as a group? I've been eyballing at least one of teh games, and I'd be interested in running a group.
The cheapest tickets are 8(provided we buy at least 30 tix). With paypal and shipping, we'd still end up paying about 9 per ticket.
Anyone interested?
Gene

DumpJerry
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Let me know if you're in for sure because I know IronFisk and chisoxfanatic have also expressed an interest in going. Since I know you're not up for the whole roadtrip thing, we can start scouting airfares; it'd be great if we could all fly out together. :cool: Seeing as my last day of work is June 9 (I luuuv the perks of being a teacher :wink:), I was thinking of flying out on Tuesday morning and also going to that night's game. I'm so excited to be seeing the Sox on the road for the first time ever! :bandance:
Forgetting someone?

Deebs14
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Ugh..unfortunately I'm going to be done with school at that time and I wont be around these parts. I would've been all for making the hour trip up to the Burgh if it was earlier in the summer.:(:

ChiSoxGirl
02-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Forgetting someone?

I made that post BEFORE you expressed interest in making a day trip of it! :wink:

DumpJerry
02-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I made that post BEFORE you expressed interest in making a day trip of it! :wink:
That's what I get for not looking at the date a post was made....:redface: