PDA

View Full Version : Chris Young Injured

champagne030
02-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Diamondbacks center field prospect Chris Young, acquired from the Chicago White in the Javier Vazquez deal, suffered a broken right hand while working out in a Bradenton, Fla., gym on Thursday and will miss most of spring training.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0210dbacks0211.html

soxfan43
02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I just saw that too, beat me to the post. At least for the Diamondbacks sake they signed Byrnes to play CF this year, so it's not like they were counting on him. Bad news none the less though.

FedEx227
02-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Hangar is at it again.

The Dude
02-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Diamondbacks center field prospect Chris Young, acquired from the Chicago White in the Javier Vazquez deal, suffered a broken right hand while working out in a Bradenton, Fla., gym on Thursday and will miss most of spring training.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/0210dbacks0211.html

Wow, sucks for them. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. But not to be an ass, but this trade looks better and better each day.

chisoxfanatic
02-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Doesn't it seem like everything that Kenny Williams touches turns to gold these days, and whatever he casts off turns to dust? I find this incredible and refreshing!`

*knocks on wood*

Fake Chet Lemon
02-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Kenny knew, he is a genius! Praise Kenny.

caulfield12
02-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Doesn't it seem like everything that Kenny Williams touches turns to gold these days, and whatever he casts off turns to dust? I find this incredible and refreshing!`

*knocks on wood*

While it is not up there with the Sirotka career-ending injury, it is another struck of good fortune...except we were never really counting on Young to play CF for us this year, it would probably be Mackowiak if Anderson were to fail in ST.

Look at some of the former future stars we have traded...

Miguel Olivo...fading into oblivion

Michael Morse...still cannot find a position or shake the steroids accusations

Frank Francisco...became more famous for throwing a chair than for his 96-98 MPH fastball, might not ever return to form after a serious injury

Josh Fogg...still hanging on in the majors, but one more season away from AAA or journeyman status

Anthony Webster--Josh Rupe...Rupe has a chance to be the 5th starter with the Rangers, but Webster has not exactly fulfilled the potential he had when he was the Sox number five prospect

Kip Wells...well, there is an enigma if there ever was one...I highly doubt we would have won a WS with him in the starting rotation, although I suppose anything is possible with Cooper having the King Midas touch for now

TaylorStSox
02-12-2006, 02:22 PM

*knocks on wood*

Classy.

I hope Chris Young's a hall of famer. It doesn't mean we "lost" the trade. I wish him the best of luck in getting back. Hand injuries are tough for power hitters.

Chisox003
02-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Wow, sucks for them. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery. But not to be an ass, but this trade looks better and better each day.
How does it look better and better each day?

Neither guy has even stepped on the field yet

Did KW foresee this happening or something? :?:

TaylorStSox
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
This thread's embarrassing. It's like people are applauding this injury.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
How does it look better and better each day?

:?:

When you trade guys away, would you rather they all become Hall of Famers? If your answer is no, that's probably why. Morbid, but I see his point.

Gee
02-12-2006, 04:40 PM
This thread's embarrassing. It's like people are applauding this injury.

Wow! When I first read this I felt so bad for this guy and his family.
Why as White Sox fans should we feel good about what has happened.
This kids sweat and blood and his families hopes and dreams and his dreams also could be over. Its seems to be human nature, I guess.
The creame rises to the top, and I think Young will rise! From everything I have read about him it seems to me he has what it takes to get back. He got a great whiff of what was in store for him (bigs) and I think that should be enough of a motivation.

Chisox003
02-12-2006, 05:27 PM
When you trade guys away, would you rather they all become Hall of Famers? If your answer is no, that's probably why. Morbid, but I see his point.
Whether or not I want to see them become Hall of Famers is beside the point. I sure as hell don't want to see him (or anyone we trade) get hurt, and I'm pretty dissapointed that people would act like this is great news, thus making Kenny Williams look like some sort of psychic genius.

That's drinking too much of your team's kool aid at it's finest (or lowest) point.

And for the record, I hope he turns into a great player.

34 Inch Stick
02-13-2006, 10:35 AM
If Javier Vazquez pitches to his potential it does not really matter what Young does during his career. The same is true if he does not pitch to his potential.

I hope Young's hand heals and he gets a shot in the MLB at some point this year.

maurice
02-14-2006, 04:51 PM
That's terrible. I'm still hoping to see him in Tucson, even if he can't play.

KRS1
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
That's terrible. I'm still hoping to see him in Tucson, even if he can't play.
Hopefully we can watch him take some one-handed cuts off the tee, I used to do it with two good hands a few dozen times before every game.