PDA

View Full Version : Group ticket sales

eastchicagosoxfan
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Success has a price, and in the case of the White Sox, the costs of the success has come at the expense of group sales. For the last several seasons the organization I belong to has sponsored a group outing to the Sox-Cubs game. In addition, the White Sox's policy also required us to purchase tickets to additional games, which we did. As late as six weeks ago, we were still told we would have our tickets ( 145 ) but had to buy additional tickets to another game, so another 145 were agreed upon for the Sox vs Astros. There may have been another game that was also purchased, but not for 145 tickets. Last season, we purchased twenty tickets to both a Red Sox game, and Yankee game. In the last couple of weeks we have been told by the White Sox that they can not honor our agreement. Business is business, and I understand, and the demand has outstripped supply. However, the White Sox ticket office, would solicit us for the games, and did so after last season. The kicker is, that the person from the White Sox that spoke to our point person, believed that our organization was a ticket broker!
The team has won over a lot of new fans, however, their policy concerning group ticket sales has undoubtedly alienated some people.

Does anyone else have a similiar experience?

ewokpelts
02-11-2006, 12:08 PM
well...i had a 67 ticket cub/sox orde rin 2005...that went down to 20.....the 67 tix i ordered for the 7/3 orioles game is still valid, but i was told i can cut it down to 20 if i want....
and i got my full allotment of opening day tix(i had 24 in 2005)

But, I'm also a season ticket holder.
Gene

Steelrod
02-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Success has a price, and in the case of the White Sox, the costs of the success has come at the expense of group sales. For the last several seasons the organization I belong to has sponsored a group outing to the Sox-Cubs game. In addition, the White Sox's policy also required us to purchase tickets to additional games, which we did. As late as six weeks ago, we were still told we would have our tickets ( 145 ) but had to buy additional tickets to another game, so another 145 were agreed upon for the Sox vs Astros. There may have been another game that was also purchased, but not for 145 tickets. Last season, we purchased twenty tickets to both a Red Sox game, and Yankee game. In the last couple of weeks we have been told by the White Sox that they can not honor our agreement. Business is business, and I understand, and the demand has outstripped supply. However, the White Sox ticket office, would solicit us for the games, and did so after last season. The kicker is, that the person from the White Sox that spoke to our point person, believed that our organization was a ticket broker!
The team has won over a lot of new fans, however, their policy concerning group ticket sales has undoubtedly alienated some people.

Does anyone else have a similiar experience?
Not to defend the organization, but it seems to me that your group only goes to sellout games (Cubs-Yankees-Red Sox-Astros)
Maybe if you occasionally took in a Twins, Indians, Royals game, your case would be much stronger !

eastchicagosoxfan
02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Not to defend the organization, but it seems to me that your group only goes to sellout games (Cubs-Yankees-Red Sox-Astros)
Maybe if you occasionally took in a Twins, Indians, Royals game, your case would be much stronger !
The White Sox called us, and told us what was available. They could have told us those games weren't available, but that didn't happen.We took games that we were told were available.