PDA

View Full Version : white sox application found on a pearl jam board...kinda ...um...interesting

ewokpelts
02-10-2006, 09:44 PM
DISCLAIMER: I, GENE(ewokpelts) LIKE PEARL JAM. YES, I KNOW EDDIE VEDDER IS A SCRUBS FAN. THE GUY STILL WRITES GREAT MUSIC. UNLIKE BILLY WHAT'S HIS NAME.....

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=152229&page=17

Gene

TheOldRoman
02-10-2006, 10:21 PM
DISCLAIMER: I, GENE(ewokpelts) LIKE PEARL JAM. YES, I KNOW EDDIE VEDDER IS A SCRUBS FAN. THE GUY STILL USED TO WRITE GOOD MUSIC, THOUGH THE MOST RECENT ALBUMS HAVE BEEN MINDBLOWINGLY HORRIBLE. AT LEAST HE ISN'T BILLY WHAT'S HIS NAME.....

Gene

I fixed it for you. :cool:

KRS1
02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Man scrubs fans are the same no matter where you go. Some absolutely hysterical stuff right there. You gotta love the way they all use the same stupid and absolutely baseless garbage lines like, "Sox fans are jealious of the scrubs", yeah we really wish we could be in your clown shoes. Honestly, did some guy just type out a bunch of stupid comebacks for these guys to use against us in an argument, because they are all the same, related to how they will always "run this city", or how they are clearly a more classy ballclub with better fans, or how about the ever popular "you guys are bad winners, IF we won in 03' we would have been so much more humble". Well, I really dont care to even argue with them anymore, afterall it's better to be a bad winner than a sore loser.

1951Campbell
02-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Lemme know when we have to give the trophy back.

chisoxmike
02-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I saw this thing way back in September. I got a little chuckle out of it then, but then thought it was kind of stupid.

GoSox2K3
02-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Man scrubs fans are the same no matter where you go. Some absolutely hysterical stuff right there. You gotta love the way they all use the same stupid and absolutely baseless garbage lines like, "Sox fans are jealious of the scrubs", yeah we really wish we could be in your clown shoes. Honestly, did some guy just type out a bunch of stupid comebacks for these guys to use against us in an argument, because they are all the same, related to how they will always "run this city", or how they are clearly a more classy ballclub with better fans, or how about the ever popular "you guys are bad winners, IF we won in 03' we would have been so much more humble". Well, I really dont care to even argue with them anymore, afterall it's better to be a bad winner than a sore loser.

Yeah, those Cub fans sound pathetic these days with their lame attempts at Sox bashing. It's laughable how they really have nothing to say about being humilated by the Sox and have resorted to the stupid old "you Sox fans are so jealous of the Cubs" and "Sox fans run onto the field and attack the other team" comments. To tell you the truth, when I hear them spout that stuff I almost feel sorry for how much in denial they are. (ok, that's total b.s., I don't feel sorry for them at all :redneck )

ewokpelts
02-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I fixed it for you. :cool:

Ten Sucks.(I cant stand hearing the "big 4 " hits anymore, even live)

Vs. Is still thier best record, but Binaural and Riot Act are killer records.

Gene

gregoriop
02-11-2006, 12:20 AM
THE GUY STILL WRITES GREAT MUSIC. UNLIKE BILLY WHAT'S HIS NAME.....

he still writes great songs.

Huisj
02-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Huge PJ fan here too. I've never understood why so many people don't give their new stuff a chance. Riot Act has some incredibly good songs on it, Binaural can be quite interesting, and Yield flows so well as an entire album. And seeing them live is still an absolute must.

SOXintheBURGH
02-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Although I am aware of Billy and his baseball choice, and wildly aware of Eddie and SNL and a former Sox player; I must say I will eternally prefer Billy. I listen to Billy on a biweekly basis, I often find myself driving in mind numbing and traffic and inserting "Siamese Dream."

Nonetheless, nice link, Gene.

Soxfanspcu11
02-11-2006, 01:28 AM
I clicked this link and read the 3 or 4 pages of posts and got a pretty good kick out of it!

The highlight for me came at the end of the thread when some Sox fan posted a bunch of facts/information about the Sox, the World Series and the parade, REALLY good stuff, with solid info. all the way around. And some pathetic flub fan could only come up with the following response,

"Do you know it was the lowest rated world series ever?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!: D:
That REALLY made me start busting up laughing!!! If that's not the BEST example of reaching and grabbing at straws EVER then I must have missed some great stuff in the past!

The Sox fan who posted the original response had some pretty good facts to counter that though as well (about how the Yankees/Mets series was rated just as low).

I just CAN NOT believe how GREAT LIFE IS BEING A SOX FAN!!!!
Last year at this time (February 2005) cubs fans would ALWAYS use the attendance argument to "prove" their point. Indicating that they were "better" then Sox fans because they could sell out a tourist attraction.:?:

But now since the Sox are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, they have NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! They KNOW it's over for them and they are pulling out ALL the tricks in the hat to try and "justify" being a cubs fan.

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!:D: :D: :D:
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF ALL THE DIEHARD WHITESOX FANS HERE ON WSI, THE SOX FANS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND ALL ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!
OCTOBER 26TH, 2005 WAS SUCH AN AMAZING DAY AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!!!!

WELL, THAT IS, UNTIL THE SOX REPEAT ON AN AMAZING DATE IN OCTOBER 2006.

HEY CUBS FANS!, WE ARE RUNNING YOUR TEAM OUT OF "YOUR" CITY!!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!! THIS IS WHITE SOX BASEBALL!!!:cool:

ewokpelts
02-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I clicked this link and read the 3 or 4 pages of posts and got a pretty good kick out of it!

The highlight for me came at the end of the thread when some Sox fan posted a bunch of facts/information about the Sox, the World Series and the parade, REALLY good stuff, with solid info. all the way around. And some pathetic flub fan could only come up with the following response,

That REALLY made me start busting up laughing!!! If that's not the BEST example of reaching and grabbing at straws EVER then I must have missed some great stuff in the past!

The Sox fan who posted the original response had some pretty good facts to counter that though as well (about how the Yankees/Mets series was rated just as low).

I just CAN NOT believe how GREAT LIFE IS BEING A SOX FAN!!!!
Last year at this time (February 2005) cubs fans would ALWAYS use the attendance argument to "prove" their point. Indicating that they were "better" then Sox fans because they could sell out a tourist attraction.:?:

But now since the Sox are WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, they have NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! They KNOW it's over for them and they are pulling out ALL the tricks in the hat to try and "justify" being a cubs fan.

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!:D: :D: :D:
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF ALL THE DIEHARD WHITESOX FANS HERE ON WSI, THE SOX FANS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND ALL ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!
OCTOBER 26TH, 2005 WAS SUCH AN AMAZING DAY AND IT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!!!!

WELL, THAT IS, UNTIL THE SOX REPEAT ON AN AMAZING DATE IN OCTOBER 2006.

HEY CUBS FANS!, WE ARE RUNNING YOUR TEAM OUT OF "YOUR" CITY!!!!

DEAL WITH IT!!! THIS IS WHITE SOX BASEBALL!!!:cool:
that was me...i have the same username on both boards....

Gene

MarkM2112
02-11-2006, 10:25 PM

What I say to the "lowest rated world series" comment is: "oh really? how many viewers watched the 1908 World Series? None? Oh, THAT's right, that was before RADIO was even invented!!!"

ewokpelts
02-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Some Guy called "Hangar 18" sided with flubs fans when they counter attacked me. This "hangar18" talked about "flubcession".

For the record, i merely rebuked flubbie beliefs.....

Gene