PDA

View Full Version : I missed Crede's blast

thomas35forever
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM
When Crede hit the game-winning homer against the Tribe, my dad had the TV tuned into a movie. Two of my friends were like "CREDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" online. I was so upset that I missed it, like Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch when the Red Sox scored eight runs against the Yankees in the ninth and won.

KRS1
02-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Okayyyyy....................................?

everafan
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Having a few cocktails and getting nostalgic is my guess.

peeonwrigley
02-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I was there... upper deck $7 seats. Probably the most memorable game of the season for me. From Rowand's brutal defense to Crede's 2 bombs... beautiful.

Soxfanspcu11
02-10-2006, 07:18 PM
When I first saw the Title of this thread, I thought that you were the guy sitting in the Scout Seats, right behind home plate that another guy walk RIGHT in front of him back to his seat when Crede made contact.

EVERY TIME I see the replay of that homerun from the center field camera, I see that guy who walked directly in front of that poor guy sitting in the seats and think of how much that must have sucked! I mean he got to see the ball go out and everything, but he missed the actual hit!

I would have been PISSED if that were me!!!

(Although that anger probably would have subsided when I realized how sweet my seats were!:D: )

KRS1
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I was there... upper deck $7 seats. Probably the most memorable game of the season for me. From Rowand's brutal defense to Crede's 2 bombs... beautiful.

Okay that clears up what game it was I think. Is this the one you were speaking of Thomas?

If so this was on my B-Day and I was so hammered by the time he hit the second one I spilled beer all over my living room and couch. Greatest Birthday EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
When Crede hit the game-winning homer against the Tribe, my dad had the TV tuned into a movie. Two of my friends were like "CREDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" online. I was so upset that I missed it, like Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch when the Red Sox scored eight runs against the Yankees in the ninth and won.I hate when that happens.:?:

DannyCaterFan
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I was at the game in person and missed the blast as well. My problem was I was in the upper deck and between innings decided to walk the ramps and watch the rest of the game from the lower deck. Just as my wife and I turned the corner and were entering the lower bowl, we heard the roar of the crowd, and people started rushing happily towards us. I could not believe i missed it.

MUsoxfan
02-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I was on the Fan Deck pissing and moaning about how the Sox were gonna choke it all away. Then Crede hit that bomb. The rest is history

HotelWhiteSox
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
I was there. It was sweet. Especially since I traded my tickets for the night before to go to it

NSSoxFan
02-10-2006, 08:48 PM
The best game of the 26 I went to last year. In fact, it was the only game I used Stubhub and I had the first row of section 160. Awesome!

Gosox1917
02-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Friday, February 17, 2006 Comcast will re-play that game at 7:00. I missed Hawk's call on the homer because I was at that game with an Indians fan no less. Needless to say it was a silent ride home on his end while I rubbed it in his face. Best game I've ever been to.

FedEx227
02-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I missed it too, but for all the right reasons:

Me and my buds were in the Upper Deck, last game of the season we could all go to because of approaching school, etc.

FLASHBACK to the previous Joe Clutch Crede performance that I was in attendance for (don't remember against who though)... anyway I discovered a hidden talent anytime I shield my face during a Joe Crede at-bat with a particular Sox hat he hits a bomb. Actually it just happened once so I sorta laughed it off.

Then we're at this one against the Indians (which btw, was the greatest game I ever attended just for the sheer up and downs and triumph). Crede is up to the plate I go "Oh god here comes a popup" shield my face with my hat *BOOM*. I missed the homerun but I could tell from the crack. So I tell my friends that this is the 2nd time it happened, we just kinda laugh it off. Anyway during the next few Crede at-bats I didn't do it my friends and I agreed we'll wait till we need it...

10th inning. Crede up the plate, I had completely forgot about the hat-thing, my friend hits me on the shoulder and says "Dude cover your damn face." So Crede fouls a few off, I'm sitting with my face covered for what seemed like an eternity. I say to my friend "This is the last pitch then I'm gonna stop doing this... before I could finish that sentence I heard this insane crack of the bat, and feel my friend try to get my attention aka punch me in the face. I look up and Crede is rounding second with everyone at home.

Safe to say that hat sits on my shelf along with all World Series merch. never to be worn again

sorry for the insanely long post, just a sweet lil story of my 3-3 Joe CREEEEEEEDE-ness.

1951Campbell
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
From Rowand's brutal defense...

Well, he doesn't "take good lines," you know...

LuvSox
02-10-2006, 10:02 PM

I was up there too, with my brother. That was the best game I have ever been to. Ever.

slavko
02-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, he doesn't "take good lines," you know...

I thought "Brokeback Mountain" was a film about Rowand fielding a short fly ball. :wink:

csufsoxfan
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
the crede blast was shown on espn several times, also if you had espn motion you could have watched it over and over as i did

1951Campbell
02-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I thought "Brokeback Mountain" was a film about Rowand fielding a short fly ball. :wink:

No, I think it was "Greatest Story Ever Told."

:wink:

delben91
02-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I was disgusted with the outcome of the first game of that series, and so I pledged not to watch the second game. That slowly broke down as I started up the GameCast in about the 3rd inning, and by the 7th I was back in front of the TV.

Such euphoria when Joe made contact. Ah, the memories. :bandance:

Soxfanspcu11
02-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I was disgusted with the outcome of the first game of that series

Yeah I hear ya on that one! I was at the first and last game of that series. At least during the first one it was a GREAT game. The last game of that series though was BRUTAL to watch. That was the game the Sox lost 8-0. I remember Garland started, and actually pitched pretty good, but the Sox gave him NO run support, hence the final score. I remember all of us being on our feet when JG had Hafner 3-2 with 2 outs and 2 runners on with Cleveland leading 2-0. Next pitch, Hafner hits a 3 run home run and Comiskey JUST DIED! It was INCREDIBLY DEPRESSING!!!! Of course I can talk about, and chuckle about that now, now that we all know the final outcome of the season, but man, at the time, it was HORRIBLE!!!!

I was in the Upper Deck for that game, right behind home plate. Me and my friend actually almost got into a fight with some Detroit fan and his friend (why a Tigers fan was at that game and trying to instigate us is beyond me, but whatever).

But the first game of that series was probably the BIGGEST disappointment of 2005 for us. I remember it was a monday night game, the place was sold out and the crowd was JACKED UP! That was the loudest REGULAR SEASON crowd I have ever heard at Comiskey. We were up on the fandeck for the entire game, trying to PUSH the Sox to a victory. But Bobby gave up that ****ing 2 out, 2 strike single to Boone that gave Cleveland the lead for good!:angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm sorry, that was TOTALLY off the subject and a complete rant, but I HAD to get that out!!! I swear, WSI is like a therapist, I really feel better after typing that, and I'M NOT KIDDING!!! I just needed to get that off my chest. Obviously, 10/26/05 made ALL that go away, but I just needed to rant.................sorry about that.

But ANYWAY, back on the topic, "FEDEX227", your post was AWESOME!!! That was a GREAT story and I LOOOOOOOOOVE when people share stories like that!!! But I really don't think that you should "retire" that hat, because it clearly works! I REALLY believe in that kind of stuff and you need to bring it out of retirement for 2006. If you want to save those memories that that particular hat brought, then buy a new hat, take the "Crede" hat and place it under your new hat for like 24 hours or something, just so the ENERGY will transfer to the new hat, and then start wearing the new hat!!!!

I KNOW that I sound like a COMPLETE idiot, but I am OBSESSED with superstitions and from what you have said, yours REALLY WORKS!!!! So you HAVE to keep it going!!!!!!!:D: