PDA

View Full Version : Meet the new Giambi....same as the old Giambi!

Flight #24
02-10-2006, 04:00 PM
From the New York Daily News, guess who looks like he's back to "living large" in the offseason? And yes, you can always count on the Daily News to "go there".

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/389455p-330436c.html

Jason no longer sorry
Injects himself with new pride

http://victor-conte-news.newslib.com/img/logo/2200.jpg "Oh yeah baby! Come to papa!"

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
From the New York Daily News, guess who looks like he's back to "living large" in the offseason? And yes, you can always count on the Daily News to "go there".

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/389455p-330436c.html

http://victor-conte-news.newslib.com/img/logo/2200.jpg "Oh yeah baby! Come to papa!"To me it looked like he was back to the old Giambi about halfway through last season.

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
To me it looked like he was back to the old Giambi about halfway through last season.

I agree. I think Jason Giambi was doing something Illegal halfway thru the season too .............

TheOldRoman
02-10-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree. I think Jason Giambi was doing something Illegal halfway thru the season too .............
Yep, and until they start testing for HGH, he will continue to put up numbers.

Dan Mega
02-10-2006, 05:17 PM
But is he still sorry for whatever he apologized for?

LuvSox
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
To me it looked like he was back to the old Giambi about halfway through last season.

What a fine, upstanding member of society. Not to mention a real role model for America's youth.

Taliesinrk
02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Yep, and until they start testing for HGH, he will continue to put up numbers.

Ya know.. as a Sox fan, it really ticks me off to hear all these guys juicing. But as a human, I sometimes sit back and laugh.
They're good enough to be in the majors now, and I don't think most of them will be bankrupt anytime soon, but it seems as though they don't think that's enough. I would give a lot to be able to interview some of these guys in 25-35 years when they're sitting at home with acromagaly.
It may be poetic justice if they aren't even able to be put on camera or make appearances any longer because of the results..

dagame2005
02-10-2006, 11:47 PM
hey guys to be honest, I don't know about you but if I knew that taking HGH or steroids would get me in the major league right now I would do it. I play semi-pro right now with my 83 mph fastball and it just won't do it for me!

LuvSox
02-10-2006, 11:51 PM
hey guys to be honest, I don't know about you but if I knew that taking HGH or steroids would get me in the major league right now I would do it. I play semi-pro right now with my 83 mph fastball and it just won't do it for me!

So you'd rather cheat to get ahead? Use your brains. Maybe baseball isn't your calling.

Hendu
02-11-2006, 12:21 AM

I see where you're coming from. I can tell ya that if I had the chance to achieve the dream of playing in the majors, even for one game, and HGH or roids was the only thing that would put me over the hump....not saying I would do it, but it would be a real tough choice.

Continuing to take the stuff though, even when you're set financially and you got to experience the majors for a few seasons, is just asking for health problems down the road.

pearso66
02-11-2006, 12:32 AM
While I can see why borderline players would take it, to make it to the majors, its the stars that don't need it that are the ones raising the flags. I'm sure Giambi, MacGwire (sp) and Sosa would have done pretty decent without steroids, but they insisted on taking them to get them to be elite.

SOXSINCE'70
02-11-2006, 12:37 AM

Players have cheated in baseball for centuries (scuffed baseballs,corked bats, wood shaven bats).To take HGH or any steroid just makes no sense to me.MLB may not check for HGH now,but it will eventually catch up to "fake" sluggers like Jason Giambi.When his body starts falling apart shortly,true baseball fans will have the last laugh.The fake 2000 "MVP"
(Most Valuable Putz) will pay for his chemical mistakes in the end.It's just
my opinion,but it's how I feel.:angry: :angry:

Taliesinrk
02-12-2006, 05:22 PM

Out of curiosity, where do you play? who for?

BV2005
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
While I can see why borderline players would take it, to make it to the majors, its the stars that don't need it that are the ones raising the flags. I'm sure Giambi, MacGwire (sp) and Sosa would have done pretty decent without steroids, but they insisted on taking them to get them to be elite.

whos to say they would be good without steroids, maybe they have been juicing there whole carrers. McGwire did play with Canseco early in his career.

whitesoxfan1986
02-13-2006, 03:47 PM
I don't think Sosa wouldn't have lasted very long in the majors w/o the juice.

Hangar18
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't think Sosa wouldn't have lasted very long in the majors w/o the juice.

Before Steroids - .209, bad outfielder, some guy on the SOX
After Steroids - .300, 66 Homers, cultural icon, "saved" baseball