PDA

View Full Version : First 3 Games Itinerary

SoxSideIrish
02-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Here's a general post for anyone wondering what the Sox are doing for the series against Cleveland.

Game 1 (Sunday) - Opening Night - Championship Flag Ceremony

Game 2 (Tuesday) - Ring Ceremony - Replica Rings to the First 20,000 Fans

Game 3 (Wednesday) - Trophy Ceremony - Replica Trophies to the First 20,000 Fans

What exactly they are doing with the trophy, I don't know yet. I assume it's being displayed somewhere for everyone to get a look. Anyone know?

Oh well...

SEE YOU THERE!!! :D:

eriqjaffe
02-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Game 3 (Wednesday) - Trophy Ceremony - Replica Trophies to the First 20,000 FansIs Hangar making them?

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2006, 12:43 PM
You forgot to say Sox Win, Sox Win, Sox Win!

Tekijawa
02-10-2006, 12:46 PM
I think Kenny will be driving around in the parking lot with it tied to the bumper of the car that he bought from Jon Voit!

IlliniSox4Life
02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I believe I saw a quote somewhere of Brooks saying they were going to "present the trophy to the fans". I took it to mean they were probably going to have a ceremony pregame to say "here sox fans, this is your trophy".

dlee120
02-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I think Kenny will be driving around in the parking lot with it tied to the bumper of the car that he bought from Jon Voit!

http://i.buzznet.com/img/1365375/original.jpg (http://i.buzznet.com/img/1365375/original.jpg)
"Attention Riensdorf and front office morons! Your accomplishments mean nothing to me!"

HomeFish
02-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll be in the Upper Deck for Game 2 and Game 3. So I doubt I'll get to see the trophy, which will likely be in the lower bowl. But I've already seen it.

I wonder how early I'll have to camp out to get that ring.

salty99
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I think you should just sleep there for 10 hours.

Scottiehaswheels
02-10-2006, 01:27 PM

Buy a box of Cracker Jacks... I'm sure the same company making the replica's makes the cracker jack one's... LOL

skottyj242
02-10-2006, 01:55 PM
My dad and I are planning on getting to the park at 9:30 for games two and three.

LuvSox
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM

That would mean Kenny is trying to get the top scout job with the Cubs.:puking:

itsnotrequired
02-10-2006, 02:16 PM
http://i.buzznet.com/img/1365375/original.jpg (http://i.buzznet.com/img/1365375/original.jpg)
"Attention Riensdorf and front office morons! Your accomplishments mean nothing to me!"

"You all stink! You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza! I fear no reprisal! Extension five-one-seven-oh!!!"

TomBradley72
02-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I think you should just sleep there for 10 hours.

Too bad the luxury boxes can't go "condo"....then truly living at USCF would be an option.

miker
02-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Too bad the luxury boxes can't go "condo"....then truly living at USCF would be an option.
Wait, I thought you can't live at or near U.S. Cellular, it's too dangerous...

SouthSideHitman
02-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I think I read that that they haven't actually decided where the trophy will be in able to display it to the fans just yet, but my vote would be put it on the concourse behind homeplate and remove the stupid "upper deck tickets can't go downstairs" rule. I likes the upper deck but I also like the cap corner, fan deck, fundamentals deck, rain room, etc.

Soxfanspcu11
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM

I really wouldn't worry about not being able to get the ring, as long as you get there relatively early.

Let's keep in mind that of the 40,000 that will be there for the opening series, MANY of those will be people who got tickets from their work and corporate sponsors and those types certainly don't know and won't care about getting a replica ring or trophy.

Also, there are PLENTY of casual Sox fans. I mean, not that many are as diehard and dedicated as all of us on this board. Chances are most people won't even know about the giveaways.

How many times have you been in line at Comiskey, going through the gates, and people all around you in line act all surprised about getting something.

I remember during games 1 and 2 of the ALDS, when they passed out the towels and thundersticks, a bunch of people in line ahead of us were saying things like, "Oh, we get something for free?? I didn't even know they were giving out something!"

If you arrive in the Comiskey area about an hour before game time, you should be alright. That being said, let's try and keep these promotions on the down low!:cool: If people start spreading this like wildfire, my theory goes COMPLETELY out the window!

I want Mags back
02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's a general post for anyone wondering what the Sox are doing for the series against Cleveland.

Game 1 (Sunday) - Opening Night - Championship Flag Ceremony

Game 2 (Tuesday) - Ring Ceremony - Replica Rings to the First 20,000 Fans

Game 3 (Wednesday) - Trophy Ceremony - Replica Trophies to the First 20,000 Fans

What exactly they are doing with the trophy, I don't know yet. I assume it's being displayed somewhere for everyone to get a look. Anyone know?

Oh well...

SEE YOU THERE!!! :D:

you forgot game 1 is rally socks. and all games include Magnet schedules

Corlose 15
02-11-2006, 10:19 AM
you forgot game 1 is rally socks. and all games include Magnet schedules
Seriously? Now, I'm pumped to be going to opening night.Oh, I guess that banner ceremony will be cool too but rally socks? Man...:cool:

Iwritecode
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
My dad and I are planning on getting to the park at 9:30 for games two and three.

I'm just curious why it's necessary to get to the park 9 and a half hours before the game starts?

soxfan13
02-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm just curious why it's necessary to get to the park 9 and a half hours before the game starts?

Games 2 and 3 are 1:05 starts