PDA

View Full Version : How many think the 2006 Season will be Sold Out by 2/17?

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 11:36 AM
Judging by the number of emails and calls ive been getting asking for possible help in getting tickets this season, I have a feeling we'll be looking at the 06 season being basically Sold Out by Friday. Its a little unnerving but Exciting. This is the price to pay for Success. I'll take it.

RealFan
02-10-2006, 11:41 AM
It is amazing. I have no "ins" but am friends with a few season ticket holders and they, too, have been besiged by friends looking to get some regular season tickets.

I do think that Ebay and stubhub.com will be good places for me to spend some time this summer. :wink:

Cellview22
02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Who's gonna buy tix to the cold April 17-19 games vs. the Royals and other not-so-hot games? Unless all other games are sold out after 2/17 and people have no other choice than to snag up those games, I think those games and a few others will draw small crowds. I highly doubt we'll see a near sell-out '06 season.

Law11
02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
It is amazing. I have no "ins" but am friends with a few season ticket holders and they, too, have been besiged by friends looking to get some regular season tickets.

I do think that Ebay and stubhub.com will be good places for me to spend some time this summer. :wink:

I spent well over 1000.00 on tickets off stubhub last year which promted me to just get season tickets and actually save some cash.

RealFan
02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I spent well over 1000.00 on tickets off stubhub last year which promted me to just get season tickets and actually save some cash.

I know I will regret to my dying day that I didn't get season tickets this year. Though I also think that some of the series against the Devil Rays, Royals, etc. will have to have some tickets available.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe we can win the attendance trophy.

:whocares:

RealFan
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM

:whocares

The only reason I care is to get decent seats for my family of four to a few decent games. Otherwise, you're right - who cares?

Hitmen77
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM

:whocares:

I think you're missing the point of the question. It isn't so much to care about our attendance figures. Rather it's an issue of ticket availability that will affect all of us (at least us non-ST holders) if a ton of games are indeed sold out.

To answer the question, I would be very surprised if the entire season was sold out on 2/17. If the ST holders now stand at 20,000, that means that the Sox will sell approx. 20,000 individual game tickets per game on 2/17. I don't see that big of a rush to gobble up all those tickets - especially for non-weekend that aren't against prime teams.

rwcescato
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Judging by the number of emails and calls ive been getting asking for possible help in getting tickets this season, I have a feeling we'll be looking at the 06 season being basically Sold Out by Friday. Its a little unnerving but Exciting. This is the price to pay for Success. I'll take it.

I sure hope not. The best thing about baseball is getting tickets the day you feel like going.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 12:07 PM
I think you're missing the point of the question.If someone else had started this thread, you might have a point. But Hangar's reputation is inescapable. It's an attendance thread in disguise.

And I agree that they're NOT going to sell out the whole season. You may not be able to get prime seats, but they will be available.

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 12:14 PM
If someone else had started this thread, you might have a point. But Hangar's reputation is inescapable. It's an attendance thread in disguise.

And I agree that they're NOT going to sell out the whole season. You may not be able to get prime seats, but they will be available.

WHATEVER.

H18: Your honor, I seek permission to treat mr Ol 2 as a hostile witness
Judge: Ol No. 2, just answer the question

Steelrod
02-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I believe that the games against the Cubs, St. Louis, Houston, New York, and Boston will be complete sellouts. In addition, all the Satuday and maybe sunday games also. There Will be tickets for the midweek games, but you never know.
Good seats will be at a premium for ALL GAMES!

If this is the price we pay for success, then so be it. The big question is will there be a dropoff next year either way, win or lose. If not, look out! Plans might end up like other sports in this town. Years of sellouts without playoff tickets included in plans. I actually hope this happens to stop the final north side arguement.

Bobby Thigpen
02-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Who's gonna buy tix to the cold April 17-19 games vs. the Royals and other not-so-hot games?

Me. I always try get to a early season, midweek day game. It's always been nice to go to a game with 5,000 of my closest friends there as well. That may be in jeopardy this year.:angry: :angry:

Last year though, I did get to see the 9th inning Pauly/Dye back to back come back. That game tipped me that it wasn't going to be business as usual at the old ballpark.

jdm2662
02-10-2006, 12:20 PM
I seriously doubt the entire season will be sold out by 2/17. The only reason to care if you were interested in getting tickets for a certain game. Otherwise, *YAWN*.

VivaOzzie
02-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't think its an attendance thread in disguise. Its actually a good point and a tough-luck problem that will hit me whenever I go back home to Illinois.

Since I live up in Michigan, I rarely get to go back home to IL. But when I do, I try and scrounge up some tickets to a Sox game or two. Sounds like scrounging will be a lot harder than it has ever been, maybe damn near impossible. :(:

Oh well, looks like I'll have to watch the Sox kick ass on TV instead. :cool:

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I believe that the games against the Cubs, St. Louis, Houston, New York, and Boston will be complete sellouts. In addition, all the Satuday and maybe sunday games also.

These are the games im most definitely trying to order extra for. If they tell me only UD is available, i'll probably hold out. I have Indians friends from Ohio who will be here in June, and legitimately think they wont get tickets on Friday :cool: for that series. This is very exciting

miker
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Wait a minute...isn't this one of those illegal attendance threads? :?:

If you're in the mood for live baseball and can't afford season tix or a scalper...uh, I'm sorry...a broker: Kane County, Schaumburg, Joliet, Crestwood and Gary provide alternatives.

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Wait a minute...isn't this one of those illegal attendance threads?

No its not. Judging by the buzz surrounding SOX ticket sales next week,
I have a good feeling that ..............

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 12:39 PM
These are the games im most definitely trying to order extra for. If they tell me only UD is available, i'll probably hold out. I have Indians friends from Ohio who will be here in June, and legitimately think they wont get tickets on Friday :cool: for that series. This is very exciting

I can tell you right now that for those series, only UD is available.

soxfanatlanta
02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
This is very exciting

http://www.hoby.org/images/reinsdorf_0405.jpg "You betcha!"

Increased Attendance == Increased Revenue == Increased Payroll (I hope)

Success breeds success, no? Still, I am going to have a hell of a time getting last minute tickets up there when I come up in the summer, but it's a small price to pay.

Brian26
02-10-2006, 01:23 PM

Agreed 100%. There's no way the entire stadium is going to be sold out for all 81 home dates. That's just inconceivable. The second home series of the season won't be sold out.

miker
02-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Increased Attendance == Increased Revenue == Increased PROFIT

Don't let this talk of a windfall go to your head. If the Sox won it once with an average payroll, there's no reason to start throwing it around like confetti at a victory parade. Spending more won't guarantee another ring...spending wisely will.

Brian26
02-10-2006, 01:30 PM

Don't let this talk of a windfall go to your head. If the Sox won it once with an average payroll, there's no reason to start throwing it around like confetti at a victory parade. Spending more won't guarantee another ring...spending wisely will.

The Sox were extremely lucky in 2005 with the contracts they had on several players. Some of these guys were signed with bargain basement salaries. Other guys, by today's market standards, were grossly underpaid. Any increased revenue will go towards just keeping the current roster together as long as possible. I agree...spending wisely will be important.

soxfanatlanta
02-10-2006, 01:30 PM

You are absolutely correct. Good point.

voodoochile
02-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Who's gonna buy tix to the cold April 17-19 games vs. the Royals and other not-so-hot games? Unless all other games are sold out after 2/17 and people have no other choice than to snag up those games, I think those games and a few others will draw small crowds. I highly doubt we'll see a near sell-out '06 season.

You're nuts. They have a season ticket base over 20K at present. That means people are already scrounging for tickets and all of the big games on the schedule are effectively sold out already as season ticket holders snap up extras before the single game seats go on sale to the public.

You are 100% correct too, as high end games disappear people who really want to see the Sox are forced to adapt their choices and they will. Heck probably 5K of the registered members of this board do not hold season tickets (I am guessing). Those diehard fans will be forced to look elsewhere as ticket scarcity and high scalping fees force them to their second options. Those options include cold April games against celler dwellers...

voodoochile
02-10-2006, 02:06 PM

And nothing suggest they would suddenly become the Orioles or Mets. The Sox have more money to play with that is a good thing. If the ownership group can reap large profits AND field a Pennant contender, more power to them.

HomeFish
The "marquee" games, such as Opening Series, vs STL, vs CHC, and maybe v BOS and NYY (more likely BOS than NYY) might sell out before the season starts.

But I don't think you're going to see sellouts at run-of-the mill weekend games unless the Sox put together a very strong season and are in first place by the time late summer rolls around. If the Sox sink, then I think you'll see attendence drop off near the end of the season and return to historical norms in 2007.

salty99
No way it's going to be a sellout unless everyone and I do mean everyone panics and buys anything available when they find the "hot" games are sold out.

voodoochile
02-10-2006, 02:08 PM
The "marquee" games, such as Opening Series, vs STL, vs CHC, and maybe v BOS and NYY (more likely BOS than NYY) might sell out before the season starts.

But I don't think you're going to see sellouts at run-of-the mill weekend games unless the Sox put together a very strong season and are in first place by the time late summer rolls around. If the Sox sink, then I think you'll see attendence drop off near the end of the season and return to historical norms in 2007.

Yankees are always the biggest AL draw before the season starts.

Sox should maintain a higher ticket base next season regardless of their performance this season because the whole team is back again in 07 - well most of it is and the signings they made this off season can be built upon next season to make the team even stronger.

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 02:10 PM
No way it's going to be a sellout unless everyone and I do mean everyone panics and buys anything available when they find the "hot" games are sold out.

That is what I believe is going to happen. The brokers will get their filthy hands onto everything available and will play a major role in this.

Sox35th
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I guess time will tell……who really knows what’s going to happen when tickets go on sale to the public? I think by Monday 20th. everyone will have an idea how things will play out.

comiskey2000
02-10-2006, 02:33 PM
The odds of eveyone being satisfied are very small. There will certainly be "Im enraged at TicketBastard" threads here Friday afternoon. All any of us should hope for are two tickets to one game at face value. Thats all I am hoping for anyway.

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 02:40 PM
You are 100% correct too, as high end games disappear people who really want to see the Sox are forced to adapt their choices and they will. Heck probably 5K of the registered members of this board do not hold season tickets (I am guessing). Those diehard fans will be forced to look elsewhere as ticket scarcity and high scalping fees force them to their second options. Those options include cold April games against celler dwellers...

I'm doubting those early April, mid-week games will "sell-out" but we surely won't see any of the 10-15K crowds like we have in years past. I'd almost bet that our lowest single game attendance throughout the whole year will still be over 25K.

A real bold prediction considering the # of season ticket sales I know. :redface:

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
The odds of eveyone being satisfied are very small. There will certainly be "Im enraged at TicketBastard" threads here Friday afternoon. All any of us should hope for are two tickets to one game at face value. Thats all I am hoping for anyway.

I'm sure they'll be more than a few members posting extras in the parking lot throughout the year.

I pretty sure I will be.

TomBradley72
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
They won't have a crowd < 30K all year....every game post-Memorial Day will be sold out....

maurice
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Tuesday - Thursday in April and May is a tough sell for any cold-weather, non-dome team. Even if the tix sell, plenty of seats will be empty and scalped seats should go cheap. The same thing happens at the Urinal -- they announce the big paid attendance figure, but there often are fewer than 20K actually in attendance for a cold Wednesday game.

Jjav829
02-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I think a lot of people will stay away because they don't have all of the green seats in place!

sullythered
02-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I won't hazzard a prediction as to what the attendance is gonna be, but I will say that I got my Ozzie Plan out of fear of inability to get tickets otherwise. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people out there that probably did the same thing, or something like it. I think it's likely gonna be a madhouse at the Cell this year. That's unfortunate for me, as I like the 18,000 fan games where I can get a beer and get back to my seat without a problem.

:gulp:

I want Mags back
02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
lets see

81 X 41,000 = 3,321,000

not a chance

Realist
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
That place is going to be a madhouse all season long. :smile:

peeonwrigley
02-10-2006, 03:16 PM
It won't sell out, but it will certainly be harder to get tickets day of game.

I'm actually counting on broker sites being highly oversaturated all season long.

SoLongFrank
02-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello WSI! I think the local media obsesses over attendance. That's why it's important. It gives them another reason to kick us (the White Sox fans) when were down.

Having read thru the thread I think the major games might be sold out:
NYY, BOS, CLE, MIN, OAK, ANA & all of the IL games. Maybe BAL, TOR, SEA because of their star talent. But you are still left with TAM, DET,TEX, & KC.
I don't see all of those selling out.

Should we assume the promotions won't be happening this year?
Kids Day, Dollar HDog Day, 1/2 price night, 2 for 1.

If I were Boyer I would shift those promotions to the lesser appealing opp. I know that upsets the whole day of week thing but I think it would help.

FedEx227
02-10-2006, 03:21 PM
I just hope I can have a little time to decide if I want to go to games, depending on work schedules and what my friends are doing. Thats the only thing I'm concerned about, not even day of the game but maybe even 2-3 to a week before the game I'd love to decide and buy them. I just can't commit on Februrary 17th to what my summer schedule is going to look like...

LauraJ14
02-10-2006, 03:33 PM
I have gotten my group tickets for 2 games, one is a Monday night game against the Twins and I have the last 3 rows of the bleachers. The other game is the Saturday game against the Astro's and I am in the upper deck reserved past 3rd base rows 13-17. Those were the best seats available in the upper deck.
Also the 2nd home game of the season is one of the games on the Weekend game package so I don't think that there will be as small of a crowd as usual.
I think that it is going to be harder to get good lower deck tickets for lots of games this year. If you can deal with the upper deck, then you probably will be fine.

Hitmen77
02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I have gotten my group tickets for 2 games, one is a Monday night game against the Twins and I have the last 3 rows of the bleachers. The other game is the Saturday game against the Astro's and I am in the upper deck reserved past 3rd base rows 13-17. Those were the best seats available in the upper deck.
Also the 2nd home game of the season is one of the games on the Weekend game package so I don't think that there will be as small of a crowd as usual.
I think that it is going to be harder to get good lower deck tickets for lots of games this year. If you can deal with the upper deck, then you probably will be fine.

Remember though, that those are the best available at this time for a group of at least 20 people. There might be better seats available next Friday for someone looking for only 2 tickets together.

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 04:03 PM
They won't have a crowd < 30K all year....every game post-Memorial Day will be sold out....

Maybe we've found something new to add to the "official" end of the year predictions we make in March?

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Remember though, that those are the best available at this time for a group of at least 20 people. There might be better seats available next Friday for someone looking for only 2 tickets together.

When I got my ozzie plan I did best available for the Houston game and got upper deck too. That was back in early January for 2 tickets.

IlliniSox4Life
02-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Should we assume the promotions won't be happening this year?
Kids Day, Dollar HDog Day, 1/2 price night, 2 for 1.

Half priced mondays are still in effect (all though there are only 6 of them this year due to the schedule), and 2 for 1 tuesdays are no longer around. The others I'm not so shure about, but I thought they were still having DollarDog Days, but I don't know.

sox1970
02-10-2006, 04:31 PM
lets see

81 X 41,000 = 3,321,000

not a chance

I say they draw at least 35,000 per game, which is 2.8 million +.

russ99
02-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I sure hope not. The best thing about baseball is getting tickets the day you feel like going.

That surely won't happen this season, unless you like dealing with scalpers outside the Cell. (Which I don't)

miker
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
The first game that doesn't sell out will be prominently featured on every Chicago TV station, radio station and newspaper: "Oh, how come those Sox fans don't support their World Champion team..."

salty99
02-10-2006, 04:35 PM
according to sox website 5PM today is the deadline for ordering split season plans.

Hitmen77
02-10-2006, 04:51 PM
The first game that doesn't sell out will be prominently featured on every Chicago TV station, radio station and newspaper: "Oh, how come those Sox fans don't support their World Champion team..."

...and they'll have video/photos from about 90 minutes before game time showing all those empty seats.

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 04:55 PM

April 17 against the Royals is the first weeknight home game (not including the opening series against Cleveland). I just did the Ozzie plan to check ticket availability.

For 1 ticket best available on 4/17 is upperdeck box. :o:

salty99
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I found several Ozzie plans with 2 tickets in the lower deck.

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
I found several Ozzie plans with 2 tickets in the lower deck.

Which games? I only got one game in the lower deck with my plan.

LongLiveFisk
02-10-2006, 05:18 PM
With all this extra revenue and all these extra fans that will be at the park, I think the White Sox will need to hire some additional help.

Call me, Jerry. :redneck

SouthSideHitman
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
I've actually been grappling with this realization recently. As much as I love seeing sellouts and of course, the extra payroll those sellouts bring (which is, ultimatly the bottom line), there's something in my nature as a Sox fan that can't get excited about all this. First of all, I've always loved being able to say "Hey, the Sox are hot and Buehrle's on the hill tonight, let's go." But now I'm looking at trying to plan ahead all my Sox games in February just so I don't get stuck with either terrible or expensively scalped tickets. But beyond that, I'm just kinda worried about who's buying all these tickets.

As a Sox fan, I've always hung my hat on the fact that there weren't that many of us, but that most of us were really comitted, intelligent, informed, etc. Although some of the spike we've seen is just loyal fans putting their money where their trophy talk is, a lot of it is sure to be casual fans, socialites, bandwagoners or even the dreaded Sox/cubs fans and that just doesn't sit well with me. I just would hate to not only see it harder for real Sox fans to get tickets but also for the Sox fan base to become diluted with trendy rooters. Just like, as a Sox fan, my defense mechanism was so strong that this Ocotber forced me to create a mechanism for dealing with unparalleled (in my lifetime, anyway) sucess, I guess that I'll have to do the same thing with unparalleled popularity, which is by no means the worst thing in the world, just hard.

But hey, even if I'll be on the couch a little more this summer than last, I'll be able to soak my tears in a big fat W column every morning.

salty99
02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Weekday games. Doesn't matter they should be gone be the 17th anyway

Iwritecode
02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Weekday games. Doesn't matter they should be gone be the 17th anyway

I went back and noticed that if you pick an actual section instead of "best available" there's a better chance at lower deck tickets.

Wish I would've thought about that when I ordered mine. :angry: :whiner:

itsnotrequired
02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
according to sox website 5PM today is the deadline for ordering split season plans.

Yep. Only a waiting list available now. Double Play (weekend plan) is sold out for Premium Upper Box, Lower Reserved and Lower Box. Same deal for Hit and Run (weekday plan) except Lower Box still available.

delben91
02-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm sure they'll be more than a few members posting extras in the parking lot throughout the year.

I pretty sure I will be.

Yeah, and I can say with certainty I will be. My buddy and I went in for season tickets this year, a full plan. Thing is, he lives in DE, and myself in NJ. We'll make it out for about 20-25 games this year, and he's giving some to his uncle that lives in one of the suburbs of Chicago (I forget which). However, that still leaves a lot of games, and I can guarantee I'll be posting threads in the parking lot for my extra tickets.

comiskey2000
02-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Some needs to start a prediction thread about how many tickets will actaully sell after they go on sale.

mike squires
02-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I haven't gone through and read any of the posts but I think there will be several game where you'll be able to see a few sections of the upper deck empty. At least they will be green!

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
This thing teeters on the dreaded A word thread.....

Steelrod
02-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Maybe they can add 10-12 rows to the top of the upper deck! lol

SoLongFrank
02-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Apr 17 vs KCR
May 22 vs OAK
Jul 3 vs BAL
Jul 24 vs MIN
Aug 14 vs KCR
Sep 18 vs DET

I see OAK, BAL, & MIN selling out well before the promo is in effect. The most likely game not to sell out is Aug 14.

That doesn't bother me too much but my kids are going to miss Kids day. Oh well, that's the price of success. Everyone wants to be a part of it.

OfficerKarkovice
02-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Yep. Only a waiting list available now. Double Play (weekend plan) is sold out for Premium Upper Box, Lower Reserved and Lower Box. Same deal for Hit and Run (weekday plan) except Lower Box still available.

There is not even a waiting list available. The Double Play/Hit and Run (27-game) packages are simply no longer being offered. Only Full Season packages or the Ozzie Plan will be sold from here on out.

itsnotrequired
02-11-2006, 01:50 PM
There is not even a waiting list available. The Double Play/Hit and Run (27-game) packages are simply no longer being offered. Only Full Season packages or the Ozzie Plan will be sold from here on out.
Well, whitesox.com states that there is a waiting list

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ticketing/y2006/595x75_header_splitseason.gif
With a 27-game plan, guarantee your seat location for all the regular season games in your plan. Purchase of this plan after January 9 does not entitle the purchaser to purchase any postseason tickets. We're sorry, but these plans are no longer available. Please click here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/information_form.jsp) to be put on the waiting list.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

OfficerKarkovice
02-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, whitesox.com states that there is a waiting list

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/plans/split_plans.jsp

I stand corrected on the waiting list...I do believe however that waiting list is for plans for the 2007 Season. As far as this upcoming year goes...I am under the impression there will be no more 27-game plans offered.

ewokpelts
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Apr 17 vs KCR
May 22 vs OAK
Jul 3 vs BAL
Jul 24 vs MIN
Aug 14 vs KCR
Sep 18 vs DET

I see OAK, BAL, & MIN selling out well before the promo is in effect. The most likely game not to sell out is Aug 14.

That doesn't bother me too much but my kids are going to miss Kids day. Oh well, that's the price of success. Everyone wants to be a part of it.kids days are still around...just not only sundays.....some sundays, some weekday games...
Gene

itsnotrequired
02-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I stand corrected on the waiting list...I do believe however that waiting list is for plans for the 2007 Season. As far as this upcoming year goes...I am under the impression there will be no more 27-game plans offered.

Yeah, hard to say if the plans are for this season or next season. I imagine the Sox will see if they can accomidate any 27 game plans once Opening Day rolls around. Of course, if some of the games in those plans are sold out, looks like 2007 is the year.

comiskey2000
02-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Rough Math from info here on the boards:

40000 a game
20000 season tickets

20000 left x 81 games = 1.6 million

If on average everyone buys 8 tickets when tix go sale...that means that
202,000 people have to buy tix when they go on sale

Do you think 202,000 people will be buying on the 17th?

JohnBasedowYoda
02-11-2006, 03:06 PM
:whocares

Parrothead
02-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe we can win the attendance trophy.:

Not a chance. Wrigley has a larger seating capacity than USCF with the additional bleacher seats.

lizard6king6
02-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Stupid question but I didnt want to start a new thread. When tickets go on sale to the public, will we have the opportunity to buy tix for the Cubs Sox series? I dont remember how it works being a big series and all.
And my 2 cents, season wont completely sell out but some of the bigger games will quickly. Red Sox, Yanks, all opening Series, Cubs, and A's games will be gone quickly. Lower deck tix are also going to be hard to get.

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Stupid question but I didnt want to start a new thread. When tickets go on sale to the public, will we have the opportunity to buy tix for the Cubs Sox series? I dont remember how it works being a big series and all.
And my 2 cents, season wont completely sell out but some of the bigger games will quickly. Red Sox, Yanks, all opening Series, Cubs, and A's games will be gone quickly. Lower deck tix are also going to be hard to get.

Probably won't be any Cubs/Sox series tix left for the general public honestly... general public is probably gonna be relegated to buying up weekday games and Royals/TB type series.... IMHO the Tigers tix at the end of the season will be a hot ticket also as I think if we're gonna have any competition in the division this year it'll come from them...

Just FYI.. I'm sure there will be season ticket holders like myself that due to obligations(kids,work, etc.) won't be able to make it to all the games so people can always try that route

SoLongFrank
02-12-2006, 11:04 AM
kids days are still around...just not only sundays.....some sundays, some weekday games...
Gene

I hope you're right but I couldn't find anything about that at the official site.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/prices.jsp
I think the Monday night games will sell out right away. Even the KC ones.

pauliemyhero14
02-13-2006, 08:20 AM
all i know is that i got season tickets and i am satisfied. i bet the sox will have about 60 games sold out this year.

P.S. that kind of sux cause it will make everything just longer

salty99
02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't where you guys have been, but Cubs/Sox series have not been available to the general public for years now. You can only get them in season ticket plans, including the Ozzie plan.

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't where you guys have been, but Cubs/Sox series have not been available to the general public for years now. You can only get them in season ticket plans, including the Ozzie plan.

Cus/Sox isn't available with the Ozzie Plan anymore. It was when the plans first went on sale but hasn't been part of the package for several weeks. If you bought an Ozzie Plan today, you would be SOL.

anewman35
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I hope you're right but I couldn't find anything about that at the official site.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/prices.jsp
I think the Monday night games will sell out right away. Even the KC ones.

The pocket schedules have a list of kids days: 4/23, 5/7, 7/4, 8/31, 9/10

Hangar18
02-13-2006, 10:07 AM
........And there better be more than one old lady manning a concession stand. There is no excuse for long lines, when you know the place will be packed. There is nothing more Aggravating than standing in a line, watching an old lady ask you what you want, you tell her a Beer and HotDog, only to watch her walk slowly 25feet away to grab a bun.....trudge over slowly and put your hot dog in it ............ trudge the other way 15feet for the box the dog goes in ........meander lazily towards your cup, start to pour your beer ........ounce after ounce ......ounce after ounce ......then finally and slowly take your money. They are Incredibly Slow, and terribly inefficient
One person should be pouring beers .......another should be just in charge of hotdogs, one should be taking money.

roylestillman
02-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Just don't mess with my old ladies who run the corn beef stand in the right field corner. Keep piling those chips on ladies. We'd probaby end up with some grad school student who'd develop some beef standardization and chip optimalization formula. Last year they messed up the kosher stands with those racks of pre-opened hot dog buns.

Iwritecode
02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Rough Math from info here on the boards:

40000 a game
20000 season tickets

20000 left x 81 games = 1.6 million

If on average everyone buys 8 tickets when tix go sale...that means that
202,000 people have to buy tix when they go on sale

Do you think 202,000 people will be buying on the 17th?

Yes.

That's only 10% of the people that showed up for the parade. That was in Chicago only. Tickets will be on sale nationwide...

chisoxmike
02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Cus/Sox isn't available with the Ozzie Plan anymore. It was when the plans first went on sale but hasn't been part of the package for several weeks. If you bought an Ozzie Plan today, you would be SOL.

Well, most people are going to be SOL if they didn't get a ST package.

In my opinion, you will always be able to get a ticket to a game. I would be shocked if all these games sell out and people who dont have tickets won't be able to get tickets at the window day of game. If you live within reason to go down there when the box office opens, you should have no problem. I'd even bet you still will be able to buy tickets 10mins before the game starts when player tickets and other tickets arn't picked up or wont be used. Last year, on Elvis Night, I was taking my sister to the game and before the gates even openend all the ticket windows said "TONIGHTS GAME SOLD OUT-STANDING ROOM ONLY!" I still went to the window and said what 2 seats do you have for tonight, the women told me about about row 10 behind the Sox dugout. SOLD! I NEVER believe them when they say a regular season game is sold out.

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 10:35 AM

No doubt. I'm just surprised that Cubs games are no longer part of the Ozzie Plan. That was a big reason that people bought the plan.

This season is going to be a madhouse...

chisoxmike
02-13-2006, 11:05 AM
No doubt. I'm just surprised that Cubs games are no longer part of the Ozzie Plan. That was a big reason that people bought the plan.

This season is going to be a madhouse...

It will be (if they are in contention all season) and I can't wait...

But, just wait for the huge buzz kill that will happen when someone has to wait in a line and has to rant about on the boards here. Or god forbid someone gets to the game late because they left their house 20mins before the game starts and expects to get parking as soon as they get to the park. Oh wait, heres another one, if they don't go 162-0 the sky will fall.

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 11:17 AM
But, just wait for the huge buzz kill that will happen when someone has to wait in a line and has to rant about on the boards here.

See post #83. Why even wait until the season starts?

:wink:

chisoxmike
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
See post #83. Why even wait until the season starts?

:wink:

Well, there is a difference between flat out SLOW ASS people that work the lines that dont care that people are backed up, and waiting in line because its busy.

I do agree with Hangar that some of the people that work the concessions are just FLAT OUT SLOW. I've been amazed how long it takes to grab some fries that are sitting right behind the person and rip me off for them.

itsnotrequired
02-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Well, there is a difference between flat out SLOW ASS people that work the lines that dont care that people are backed up, and waiting in line because its busy.

I do agree with Hangar that some of the people that work the concessions are just FLAT OUT SLOW. I've been amazed how long it takes to grab some fries that are sitting right behind the person and rip me off for them.

No doubt there are some slow vendors (well, maybe slow is an understatement). The Sox will know well in advance what the crowds will be like on game day for basically all the games. Not having enough stands open or not staffing enough people will more or less be unnaceptable.

Hey, I'm already complaining as well!:redneck

Beer Can Chicken
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Even worse than the concession lines... the ATM lines. I usually bring enough cash but occasionally I'll slip up and have to hit an ATM and miss 2 innings. Brutal stuff.

Hangar18
02-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Even worse than the concession lines... the ATM lines. I usually bring enough cash but occasionally I'll slip up and have to hit an ATM and miss 2 innings. Brutal stuff.

Thats a great idea. Instead of just the 2 ATMS by homeplate and 2 in CF,
why dont they put 4 out there now ............. Very Easy to do.
Someone get me brooks on the line ..........
As for the slow old ladies ..............Ive frequently almost lost it waiting so long. One time, this old bag was trudging along and pouring the beers one at a time for a group in front of me. It was the TOP of the 7th. This woman took each persons orders separately, one hot dog, trudging for it, one pretzel, trudging slowly for that, pouring the beer. Then getting the 2nd persons hot dog, trudging for it .....It was maddening the way she had to double wrap the hot dogs, then giving each one an extra pat once she placed it in the box, heading back to do the 2nd and 3rd ones.
By the time this old bat was finished, it was now the 8th INNING! she finished with them, and told me
the stand was closed no more Beer!!!!! I was furious!

miker
02-13-2006, 11:43 AM
:?: I still say this is an attendance thread...

MVP
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
There's no way the season sells out, but I do think the Sox will draw at least 2.8 million. That being the case, I'm getting my tickets early.

SoLongFrank
02-13-2006, 01:28 PM
The pocket schedules have a list of kids days: 4/23, 5/7, 7/4, 8/31, 9/10

Thanks! I will definitely check it out.

Gavin
02-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Just because a game might be sold out doesn't mean that the ticketholders will necessarily want to go. Remember, a lot of people bought season tickets last year just so they could have access to World Series tickets. These people had money to throw around, obviously. Now that the champagne has dried up they are stuck with a lot of tickets to games they'd rather have a little $$ for instead. Stubhub/ebay/whatever: tickets will be available for reasonable, if not less than face, prices... at least for the non-marquee games.

In other news, this thread needs a tinfoil hat.

tacosalbarojas
02-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Just don't mess with my old ladies who run the corn beef stand in the right field corner. Keep piling those chips on ladies. We'd probaby end up with some grad school student who'd develop some beef standardization and chip optimalization formula. Last year they messed up the kosher stands with those racks of pre-opened hot dog buns.Best post in this thread! The corn beef stand is where it's at.

Cat Thief
02-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Don't mess with Loretta either. She has been there too long.
God bless her.

salty99
02-13-2006, 02:08 PM
The food at USCF is the best.

:tomatoaward

Iwritecode
02-13-2006, 02:46 PM
The food at USCF is the best.

You made that post just so you could put up the tomato award didn't you? :wink:

Iwritecode
02-13-2006, 02:49 PM

In my opinion, you will always be able to get a ticket to a game. I would be shocked if all these games sell out and people who dont have tickets won't be able to get tickets at the window day of game. If you live within reason to go down there when the box office opens, you should have no problem. I'd even bet you still will be able to buy tickets 10mins before the game starts when player tickets and other tickets arn't picked up or wont be used. Last year, on Elvis Night, I was taking my sister to the game and before the gates even openend all the ticket windows said "TONIGHTS GAME SOLD OUT-STANDING ROOM ONLY!" I still went to the window and said what 2 seats do you have for tonight, the women told me about about row 10 behind the Sox dugout. SOLD! I NEVER believe them when they say a regular season game is sold out.

That's because "sold-out" doesn't necessarily mean all the seats are taken.

IIRC, sold out means around 38,000 tickets when the capacity is around 41,000.

salty99
02-13-2006, 02:50 PM

No way.

rookie
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Question - I just got my teacher coupons in the mail. (By the way heads up to the White Sox for getting them to us before tickets go on sale, so we can fill them out and sent them in ASAP).

If I send in a check for lower deck, but there are none available, I know they will substitute for cheaper seats, but will I get a refund for the balance difference?

I'm going to try for it regardless, but I was just wondering...

ChiSoxGirl
02-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Question - I just got my teacher coupons in the mail. (By the way heads up to the White Sox for getting them to us before tickets go on sale, so we can fill them out and sent them in ASAP).

This is sort of a :hijacked:, but I went into our Faculty Room on my break this morning and there was a pile of teacher vouchers there on the table with a sign that read, "Teachers, please feel free to take one." This teacher took half a dozen! I work with predominantly Cub fans, so I look at is as me just taking the one ticket entitled to many Cub fans! See how I rationalize and justify my actions? :cool:

voodoochile
02-14-2006, 01:06 AM

Ironically, it was your post that earned the tomato. Read the award carefully. It's not 100 posts, it's 100 replies...

Iwritecode
02-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Ironically, it was your post that earned the tomato. Read the award carefully. It's not 100 posts, it's 100 replies...

I never really noticed that before. In the original thread it was just to see if we could get 100 posts about tomatoes.

McCuddy
02-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Just don't mess with my old ladies who run the corn beef stand in the right field corner. Keep piling those chips on ladies. We'd probaby end up with some grad school student who'd develop some beef standardization and chip optimalization formula. Last year they messed up the kosher stands with those racks of pre-opened hot dog buns.

Darn - I thought that was a well-kept secret. Many a time I've walked the concourse to get to right field...