PDA

View Full Version : Drug testing

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Being in the airline business, I had a chance to talk with our drug testing guy yesterday and he said that every person on the 40 man roster was going to be tested this year at spring training. Could be interesting.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Being in the airline business, I had a chance to talk with our drug testing guy yesterday and he said that every person on the 40 man roster was going to be tested this year at spring training. Could be interesting.They were last year, too.

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
They were last year, too.

Not according to the tester.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Not according to the tester.Hmm...I guess that was only the first year of the program.

soxfanatlanta
02-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Being in the airline business, I had a chance to talk with our drug testing guy yesterday and he said that every person on the 40 man roster was going to be tested this year at spring training. Could be interesting.

I'm more interested in what the results are for the players participating in the WBC, as they look for more "stuff". Right, Barry?

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm more interested in what the results are for the players participating in the WBC, as they look for more "stuff". Right, Barry?Are they going to be doing the full IOC screen on these guys?

Mickster
02-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Are they going to be doing the full IOC screen on these guys?

From my understanding, yes. XM175 spoke about it a few weeks back when Barry pulled out.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 01:45 PM
From my understanding, yes. XM175 spoke about it a few weeks back when Barry pulled out.You're not inferring there's any connection between those two things, are you?

soxfanatlanta
02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
You're not inferring there's any connection between those two things, are you?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/tim_layden/03/23/bonds.tourney/p1_bonds.jpg

"Kick me when I'm down, man"
:tongue:

downstairs
02-10-2006, 04:44 PM
They were last year, too.

I believe it is anonymous this year and last year.

There are ALSO random, non-anonymous tests. Not sure when/where/how many.

But they DO test everyone, keep it anonymous. Then if the positives hit or don't hit certain percentages, that affects the random testing.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I believe it is anonymous this year and last year.

There are ALSO random, non-anonymous tests. Not sure when/where/how many.

But they DO test everyone, keep it anonymous. Then if the positives hit or don't hit certain percentages, that affects the random testing.That was only the initial year of the program (2003). There were no penalties and it was anonymous. This was known as Survey Testing. The agreement was that if more than 5% positives were identified during Survey Testing, Program Testing would begin, with penalties. 7% tested positive in 2003. The penalties were modified twice last year.