PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day Registration

ChiSox Fan 68
02-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Just received mine in the mail yesterday - yes, it is on a Friday night this year - April 21st. Dog Parade begins at 6:05. New this year - a limit of two humans per one dog.

FP_sox
02-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Who would I need to call to get a registration form? I could not make it for dog day last year and have not heard back from the whitesox on e-mail messages I have sent.
Thanks for the help!

Hangar18
02-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Who would I need to call to get a registration form? I could not make it for dog day last year and have not heard back from the whitesox on e-mail messages I have sent.
Thanks for the help!

Get in line. Ive been a st holder and still dont get letters/emails on a timely basis :angry:

Cellview22
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Is this the first time they're having dog day at a night game?

They should have fireworks after the game. :thud:
Can you imagine all the dogs freakin out!

SOXintheBURGH
02-10-2006, 11:10 AM

My dog hides in the shower.

ChiSox Fan 68
02-10-2006, 11:17 AM

IIRC, for past Dog Days, they don't set off the fireworks after home runs. I remember how wierd it was when the Sox hit a home run and there were no booms.

Ol' No. 2
02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
My dog hides in the shower.Mine couldn't care less. My last dog had to be drugged every 4th of July. The first year we had him we made the mistake of taking him to the July 4 fireworks. After the first one went off he looked at us as if to wonder why we weren't all running for our lives. After the second, he decided he wasn't into communal suicide and took off running. I was sitting in a lawn chair, holding the leash and he pulled me over backwards and dragged me about 10 feet on the grass before I finally managed to dig in.

soxfanatlanta
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Mine couldn't care less. My last dog had to be drugged every 4th of July. The first year we had him we made the mistake of taking him to the July 4 fireworks. After the first one went off he looked at us as if to wonder why we weren't all running for our lives. After the second, he decided he wasn't into communal suicide and took off running. I was sitting in a lawn chair, holding the leash and he pulled me over backwards and dragged me about 10 feet on the grass before I finally managed to dig in.

:rolling:
Hopefully, you were not hurt (except for your pride). I would pay top $$ for the video; you could send it to AFHV and cash in big time.

Both my dogs would take off in different directions, dislocating my shoulders.

Harry Chappas
02-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Is Dog Day sold out already? Do you need to be a season ticket holder to get tickets? I've always wanted to take my dog...

Sargeant79
02-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I have two very friendly pit bulls. One doesn't really care about the fireworks. Occasionally she'll go looking for the source of the noise when there's a really loud one but that's about it.

My other dog spends about 3 days underneath my computer desk around 4th of July. I live only blocks from the Cell, and every once in a while I'll have a brain cramp and let him out before the game starts, not remembering until it's too late that they shoot off the fireworks right before the game too. It sends him running in the house and under his desk.

Dan Mega
02-10-2006, 04:13 PM

I remember my grandparent's old big german shepherd somehow squeezing her way under the bed during the 4th of July.

Cat Thief
02-10-2006, 04:22 PM

It's weird with no rockets after a homerun.