PDA

View Full Version : Ticket pre-sale for non ST holders.

chisoxmike
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060209&content_id=1309141&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Register with whitesox.com and all registered users can buy single game tickets on FEB 15 BETWEEN 10am-10pm. This is BEFORE the public on sale date of Feb 17. I really don't get this one.

Scottiehaswheels
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Well... Now we know why there is that huge gap in time from ST holder presale to the individual public presale...

Fenway
02-09-2006, 04:02 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060209&content_id=1309141&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Register with whitesox.com and all registered users can buy single game tickets on FEB 15 BETWEEN 10am-10pm. This is BEFORE the public on sale date of Feb 17. I really don't get this one.

gets more people into the mlb.com database :tongue:

Jaffar
02-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Could have been cooler if it were for people that had registered by a certain date. This just makes no sense other then to get more people in the database as stated before because I bet there are hardly any tickets available for that pre-sale.

chisoxmike
02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Could have been cooler if it were for people that had registered by a certain date. This just makes no sense other then to get more people in the database as stated before because I bet there are hardly any tickets available for that pre-sale.

Right, there are already tons of Sox fans registered, and

ST holder pre sale Feb 14
whitesox.com pre sale Feb 15
Public on sale Feb 17

I wouldn't be surprised if most games are near sell outs.

Anyone know if Bulls ST holders get any first crack at Sox tickets? I know I was able to get some discounted Bulls tickets this year.

ChiSoxGirl
02-09-2006, 04:09 PM

If I got this e-mail, does that mean I'm already a "registered user?" It said in the Press Release that registered users will get e-mail notifications and the White Sox Wire, notifying us of information about the Sox before the general public. I'd appreciate anyone who could answer this question for me.

dcb56
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
gets more people into the mlb.com database :tongue:

Wiggum: That's the end of your Loony Tune, Drugs Bunny. You're under arrest for astro-vandalism.
Moe: And may God help you if that thing carried the Spice Channel.

[Marge walks up to the satellite wreckage, and spots the MLB logo]

Marge: Major League Baseball?
Bart: I told you they were monitoring my activities.
Lenny: [opens the satellite, and pulls a printout from inside] He's right -- this thing's got info on everybody. Addresses, credit ratings, what size baseball hat they wear.
Computer: Surveillance beam disabled. Marketing research, shutting down. Doesn't that beat all?

[a helicopter lands nearby, and a man steps out]

McGwire: Hi, folks! I'm Mark McGwire.
Computer: Big Mac himself. Who'd have thunk it?
McGwire: Young Bart here is right. We are spying on you, pretty much around the clock.
Bart: But why, Mr. McGwire?
McGwire: Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?
Crowd: Dingers! Dingers!

[McGwire hits the long ball]

Crowd: Oooh!
McGwire: [takes printout] Yoink! [tucks it under his hat and looks around, suspiciously]

MUsoxfan
02-09-2006, 04:14 PM
If I got this e-mail, does that mean I'm already a "registered user?" It said in the Press Release that registered users will get e-mail notifications and the White Sox Wire, notifying us of information about the Sox before the general public. I'd appreciate anyone who could answer this question for me.

Try to register. If your email address is already used, that means you're registered....and would probably be the reason you got the email

areilly
02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm registered with the site but got no such email...hmmm.

If anyone cares to pass on the info, PM me and I'll give you my email address.

koch44
02-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I got the email. They're going to send all registered users a password on the 15th.

itsnotrequired
02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Seems like a goofy promotion but I guess it helps explain why season-ticket holders are buying so early. I noticed there is an 8 ticket limit to games.

BeefyD
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
:(: I'm registered AND signed up for 3 newsletters. I rarely get emails and never get the newsletters...

OzzieBall2004
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
If you are registered and not getting emails, your spam filter may be blocking the messages. If you have a bulk or spam folder, check there.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-09-2006, 10:06 PM
:(: I'm registered AND signed up for 3 newsletters. I rarely get emails and never get the newsletters...

Here is the link on the bottom of the email. You maybe able to reregister here.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/help/cws_help_about_privacy.jsp

Scroll down to get log in / email preferences so you can get on board before 2/15.

Good Luck.

BackNBlack
02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
This sucks, I'll be laid up in the hospital next week. I guessing I'll have to pay up big for the ring ceromony day tix. Man my luck. Maybe I can get the wife to go online for me.

RealFan
02-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I know many out-of-staters who are looking to buy tickets during the actual on-sale date. The demand for Sox tix is as high as it has ever been in my lifetime.

DaBears
02-10-2006, 03:14 PM
This sucks, I'll be laid up in the hospital next week. I guessing I'll have to pay up big for the ring ceromony day tix. Man my luck. Maybe I can get the wife to go online for me.

If you are referring to the game on 4/4...check Stubhub.There are listings for $35+, which is above face, but not too pricey. The 4/5 game is VERY CHEAP (near/below face value I believe) U can get 1st 10 rows in UD for $12+fees/ticket! I dont know what face is.

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-sox-tickets/?event_id=223322

****mods this is not spam, just trying to point buyers to a reasonably priced outlet of tickets.

ChiSoxGirl
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Here is the link on the bottom of the email. You maybe able to reregister here.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/help/cws_help_about_privacy.jsp

Scroll down to get log in / email preferences so you can get on board before 2/15.

Good Luck.

I've been trying since you posted this link to see what's up with my status. I tried to login with my e-mail address and the password I use for just about everything, and it tells me that e-mail address & password aren't recognized. I then went to register on the other side of the page with that same e-mail address & password and it tells me that e-mail address is already registered with mlb.com! :?: I clicked on "Forget your password?" underneath the login option, hoping they'd e-mail my password to me, and have been getting "Website not responding" since I started this whole thing. I'd like to take advantage of this pre-sale, but mlb.com isn't making it easy. :angry: