PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

jdieter
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't post very often, more of a lurker. Anyway I wanted to throw out a thank you to the White Sox, all the fans, posters etc. for last year. I've been with you since "59" when I was 8 years old.
The last time I even paid any notice to a rally song was with the Pirates and We Are Fam-i-ly. Perry and and Don't Stop Believe'n how cool is that. I work afternoons, but oh well, didn't make it today. Crank up Journey on the jukebox, put the White Sox dvd in, and here I am, skipped work, suck'n down some homebrews and gettin ready for 06.
I live about 100 miles south of the park, near Lafayette, IN. I can count on one hand how many people I know that are true Sox fans. So I'm in kinda in a vacuum of the White Sox world. If I had a nickle for everytime I was asked, why I are you a Sox fan I could retire today. My Dad and all my uncles were Cubs fans, all my friends are either Cubs or Yankee fans. So as you-all know it's not easy to be a Sox fan, espically if you are far removed.
Anyway, I'm greedy I wanna get back to the WS in 06. I raise my glass in cheer to all true White Sox fans, and Don't Stop Believe'n.

tebman
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
I raise my glass in cheer to all true White Sox fans, and Don't Stop Believe'n.

:cheers: And here's to you, my friend! Every so often we should pause and remind ourselves what a good year this has been.

Thanks, jd. And :welcome: to you, too!

gosox83
02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome and cheers to you as well.

This was the season we have all dreamed could possibly happen in our lifetimes!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I stuck with the Sox when they broke my heart.

Cub fans are brutal, but not anymore.

GO SOX !! REPEAT BABY REPEAT!!!

soxinem1
02-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't post very often, more of a lurker. Anyway I wanted to throw out a thank you to the White Sox, all the fans, posters etc. for last year. I've been with you since "59" when I was 8 years old.
The last time I even paid any notice to a rally song was with the Pirates and We Are Fam-i-ly. Perry and and Don't Stop Believe'n how cool is that. I work afternoons, but oh well, didn't make it today. Crank up Journey on the jukebox, put the White Sox dvd in, and here I am, skipped work, suck'n down some homebrews and gettin ready for 06.
I live about 100 miles south of the park, near Lafayette, IN. I can count on one hand how many people I know that are true Sox fans. So I'm in kinda in a vacuum of the White Sox world. If I had a nickle for everytime I was asked, why I are you a Sox fan I could retire today. My Dad and all my uncles were Cubs fans, all my friends are either Cubs or Yankee fans. So as you-all know it's not easy to be a Sox fan, espically if you are far removed.
Anyway, I'm greedy I wanna get back to the WS in 06. I raise my glass in cheer to all true White Sox fans, and Don't Stop Believe'n.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00000337I.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Right back at ya!! :cheers: :cheers:

I guess we have a family of believers here too!!

MarySwiss
02-09-2006, 05:26 PM

:welcome:
Always glad to see another OF speak up!

ondafarm
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Flub fan motto: "Be different, CONFORM!!!"

Yankee$ fan motto: "You will be assimilated!!!"

White Sox fan motto: "Kiss my butt!!!"

Reason enough.:cool:

miker
02-10-2006, 04:32 PM
My Dad and all my uncles were Cubs fans, all my friends are either Cubs or Yankee fans.
Think of WSI as your new friends and family!

To the White Sox! :gulp: