PDA

View Full Version : Help With Xm

MySoxAreClean
02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Before buying my first XM PORTABLE, Who is picked up on XM Who will be comentator on XM? HAWK?

whitesoxwilkes
02-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Before buying my first XM PORTABLE, Who is picked up on XM Who will be comentator on XM? HAWK?

Nope. Usually it's the home team's radio feed.

MUsoxfan
02-08-2006, 10:21 PM
I fart in the general direction of XM:redneck

SOXSINCE'70
02-08-2006, 10:35 PM

I'm a Sirius man,myself.:cool: :cool:

rwcescato
02-08-2006, 10:51 PM

It is the home radio broadcast. So if the Sox are playing at Tampa Bay. Then the announcer will be Dave Wills. If they play at St. Louis it will be John Rooney. At home it will be Ed farmer. XM radio Rocks!!!

Rich

kingpin_rcs
02-09-2006, 03:20 AM
XM is awesome. For 13 bucks a month (cheaper if you commit to longer time) you get every single MLB game. As stated above, you get the home team's radio feed but during the post season you got your choice of either teams radio crew or the national crew. I thought that was pretty cool. I also like how the score, inning and outs are displayed on the radio.

Chicken Dinner
02-09-2006, 10:21 AM

Then you won't be listening to MLB.

bayzbol44
02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
XM is awesome. IF you farting toward XM, you must be a Stern (overrated) fan.

IF you love baseball, XM is the way to go. You are able to hear classic games overnight. You will be able to listen to WBC games, spring training games, etc.

alohafri
02-09-2006, 01:16 PM
It is the home radio broadcast. So if the Sox are playing at Tampa Bay. Then the announcer will be Dave Wills. If they play at St. Louis it will be John Rooney. At home it will be Ed farmer. XM radio Rocks!!!

Rich

And unlike a certain newspaper, the opposing team's broadcasters usually have something good to say about the Sox. I learned that while listening to the Red Sox announcers call the makeup game on Labor Day.

MUsoxfan
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM

Sure I can. I only have interest in listening to Sox and Brewer radio broadcasts, both of which come in clearly on my AM dial.

And Bayzbol.....I love everything about baseball, but I think on a 1-10 scale, my interest in the WBC, is about a 0.7

Fake Chet Lemon
02-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Howard Stern (who asks the SAME two stupid questions every show "are those real" and "ever been with another female") vs. XM and MLB. Not a tough decision for anyone over 15 years old and/or out of puberty.

SoxFan78
02-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Howard Stern (who asks the SAME two stupid questions every show "are those real" and "ever been with another female") vs. XM and MLB. Not a tough decision for anyone over 15 years old and/or out of puberty.

You are right, its not a tough decision at all, Sirius all the way.

And believe me, if Stern only asked the same two questions every show, he would not of gotten $500 million dollars.

Sirius also has the NBA, NFL, NHL.

HotelWhiteSox
02-09-2006, 02:22 PM

MLB.tv/MLB Radio is where its at. Choice of broadcasters :smile:

AZChiSoxFan
02-09-2006, 02:25 PM

And believe me, if Stern only asked the same two questions every show, he would not of gotten $500 million dollars.

Sure, just because Sirius made a stupid business decision (which they now regret) that of course proves what a worthy investment Stern was.

Like others here, I'll take XM for the baseball.

AZChiSoxFan
02-09-2006, 02:26 PM
MLB.tv/MLB Radio is where its at. Choice of broadcasters :smile:

Tough to watch/listen to in your car, however.

skobabe8
02-09-2006, 02:35 PM

I know what the NFL is....what are the other 2? :redneck

ChiFabulous1
02-09-2006, 03:07 PM

XM has NHL as well.

Steelrod
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
XM has NHL as well.
What is NIL? Not many? If you can't see them on tv, they don't exist. (And judging by attendance, no one sees them live either) So why would you listen?

Chicken Dinner
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
What is NIL? Not many? If you can't see them on tv, they don't exist. (And judging by attendance, no one sees them live either) So why would you listen?

I bet Gretsky's wife listens.......got to know who to bet on.

lumpyspun
02-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Can someone who has the XM 2 GO comment on it...I have heard that it's not perfected technology yet and that you don't get good reception on it...

I want Mags back
02-09-2006, 07:24 PM

i heard XM is getting the rights to the NHL next season

soxfanatlanta
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM

Oh Yeah? Well, we have Oprah. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

http://www.cdaccess.com/gifs/screen/holygr3s.jpg

:tongue:

XM work for me, and it will work for you two!

epgalsoxfan
02-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Can someone who has the XM 2 GO comment on it...I have heard that it's not perfected technology yet and that you don't get good reception on it...

i have it and the reception is great :)

pissonthecubs
02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
I have had XM for over a year and a half, and have nothing but great things to say about it. Love all the music, and getting any baseball game all year long is very cool. During the summer when we go camping we are out of the reach of AM 1000 and this year AM 670, so it comes in very handy on a friday or saturday night to sit around the campfire and listen to the Sox game crystal clear.

BLRMKRdave
02-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I have the XM2GO Tao unit and my brother has the Myfi. Overall hardware has performed very well. Over 5 hours of recording time, listening to live XM channels while walking around the city, etc.

Only problem is that XM is coming out with two NEW 2GO units with .mp3 capability, color screens, and 50 hours of recorded time. To my knowledge Sirius does not have a portable unit that plays *live* feeds (only pre-recorded).

Baseball deal is what sealed XM for me.
Attached is pic of new XM units for Spring:

MySoxAreClean
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
good reception indoor's on the Xm2go?

bayzbol44
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
good reception indoor's on the Xm2go?

On my MyFi (XM2go), I do not get good reception inside the house, without an antenna attached to it. IF I am walking the dogs or outside, for the most part I get good reception. Believe me, I was a person who always said I would never pay for radio. However, this is the best thing I pay for on a monthly basis. I always have the radio with me.

BTW-Stern was overpaid and he is washed up. He is going to be working 4 days a week and 9 months of the year. Do you think Sirius wasted their money? I do.

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
My reception inside is fine with the external antenna. I also have the MyFi.

SoxSideIrish
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
I just got my SkyFi2 for Christmas and I'm loving it. I'm so excited, I love it this much already and I haven't even gotten the chance to listen to the games on it! The best part of it is, for all the driving I do out of state visiting people, I don't have to cry anymore when I lose reception as soon as I leave the metropolitan area! XM rules.

(Not to mention, they have a bijillion (yes, you heard me, a bijillion) college basketball games. I think they carry most of the major conferences.)

PatK
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM
The people who honk on XM to Go are jealous Sirius subscribers.

Sirius' technology is a good 2-3 years behind XM's.

MUsoxfan
02-10-2006, 05:15 PM
The people who honk on XM to Go are jealous Sirius subscribers.

Sirius' technology is a good 2-3 years behind XM's.

I've just heard it's not perfected technology. I'm happy with my Sirius Starmate Replay. I can hook it up at home and in the car. The only two places I listen to radio. And it works perfectly

When Sirius comes out with something similar to the XM to Go, I probably won't get it.

When it's all said and done....both XM and Sirius are heads & shoulders above anything on regular radio

dakuda
02-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I just had a PITA experience with XM's customer service. I know that in general those thing vary from one person to another. However, they will never get another dime from me, MLB or not.
:angry:

Anyone want to buy a SkiFi2 w/car kit, three months old, PM me.

Nellie_Fox
02-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Your indoor reception will vary depending on what kind of windows you have to the south. I live on the side of a bluff in a pretty deep river valley, with my shot to the south somewhat blocked by the hills on the other side of the river and a lot of trees. There are only a couple of windows in my house through which I can get reception, and they are not where I wanted to put my XMtoGo receiver. I just bought another car antenna, ran the very tiny wire out a window and stuck the antenna outside, and it works just fine. I'm listening to the blues on XM right now.