PDA

View Full Version : Manos flirting with the mendoza line

Chisox_cali
01-07-2002, 03:58 PM
...in Winter ball. He's batting .202. Aaron is batting .274. Heres the rest of the story (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020107_winterl eagues_news&team_id=cws)

RichH55
01-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Whats Royce batting? Oh yeah I forgot...he's too good for winter ball

:hitless
Hey stop your whining...Just sit back and even the choice!~(I am now dubbing him the glitch in hopes that the glitch will be fixed and thus gone before too long)

Foulke You
01-07-2002, 07:34 PM
Ahh, good to see Julio Ramirez is still knocking the cover off the ball! .176 w/ 3 RBIS. Wow! Good thing we locked him up!

As far as Valentin goes, isn't he still rehabbing from that hammy injury? I'm not too concerned. Jose will be ready for the Mariners on Opening Day.

RedPinStripes
01-07-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Ahh, good to see Julio Ramirez is still knocking the cover off the ball! .176 w/ 3 RBIS. Wow! Good thing we locked him up!

As far as Valentin goes, isn't he still rehabbing from that hammy injury? I'm not too concerned. Jose will be ready for the Mariners on Opening Day.

I don't think Jose should have played winter ball. He needs a few months off to recover from last year's nagging injuries.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-07-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I don't think Jose should have played winter ball. He needs a few months off to recover from last year's nagging injuries.

I think he plays for his hometown. It would be roughly the same as you or me joining the local softball team--without the keg stationed behind second base. :smile:

Is Valentin getting many at-bats? Last year he played in only a few games.

RedPinStripes
01-07-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I think he plays for his hometown. It would be roughly the same as you or me joining the local softball team--without the keg stationed behind second base. :smile:

Softball is no fun without the keg. :smile:

Daver
01-07-2002, 10:25 PM

Hey now,when I pitched softball I always set my beer on the pitchers rubber,and it was a rule,if you hit my beer you were out.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2002, 10:31 PM

Is Valentin getting many at-bats? Last year he played in only a few games. Manos is a stand up guy. He's probably a hero in his home town. I'm sure he plays for the local kids as much as anything. And I doubt he plays hard enough to get injured.