PDA

View Full Version : Planning to go to Cleveland in May??

CHIsoxNation
02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Not sure how many people were thinking of going to Cleveland for some of the games in May, but American Airlines has some pretty good round trip deals starting at $98 from Chicago - Cleveland until June 9.

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/ViewNetSAAverFareSalesDetail.jhtml?saleId=1546&fileName=SpringSale02.02.06.xml&repositoryName=FareToolSpecialContentRepository

Thought I'd spread the word.

MUsoxfan
02-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like I'm day-tripping it. So that just adds to the list for this year

Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Denver
Cleveland

SOXintheBURGH
02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
99% chance I shall be there. The Jake is pretty awesome, hate to admit it, but it is.

soxfan13
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
99% chance I shall be there. The Jake is pretty awesome, hate to admit it, but it is.

I have to agree with you. I was there a few years back for the All Star Game and the park is awesome. I just hate the team playing there LOL

MrRoboto83
02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
I could go to either series in May 1-2 or May 29-31, if anyone looking for a ride or wants to do a car pool, let me know. I'd be cool to meet up with any of you over there for the series. I have never been to the Jake before and look forward checking it out.

soxfan43
02-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I'll definitely be at one of the series in may. Always wanted to see the jake and I got a couple of my old college roommates living there, so it should be a good time. Hopefully there will be a bunch of sox fans in attendance.

whitesoxwilkes
02-08-2006, 11:30 PM
It'll be a game time decision for us.

If you think American's fares are low, check Continental. Guarantee they beat it.

crazyozzie02
02-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Ill be there on Memorial Day

chisoxfanatic
02-09-2006, 02:46 PM
If you think American's fares are low, check Continental. Guarantee they beat it.

Not when American Airlines has a deal where, if you find a lower airfare, they will refund you the difference, as they claim on their website to always offer the lowest fares. I always order from AA to increase my air miles and then do research on the fares from other airlines. If I see a lesser fare, I would bring it to AA's attention, and they would have to refund me the difference as is posted on their website.

lizard6king6
02-09-2006, 02:48 PM
My Dad and I are hoping to make it at the end of may for one of the games. We hope to visit the NFL HOF and Rock N Roll Hall too. But who knows and we plan on driving most likely :)

soxlofty
02-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Not sure how many people were thinking of going to Cleveland for some of the games in May, but American Airlines has some pretty good round trip deals starting at $98 from Chicago - Cleveland until June 9.

http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/ViewNetSAAverFareSalesDetail.jhtml?saleId=1546&fileName=SpringSale02.02.06.xml&repositoryName=FareToolSpecialContentRepository

Thought I'd spread the word.

Well,you should buy those tickets know--and its not Americna Airlines,its "Americn Eagle:" that offers that $98.fare,and that a reginal jet that seats
about 50passenger. I work for the AA and if i were you,you should drive to CLE for the weekend.

LuvSox
02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm on vacation at that time, was thinking about it.

Cat Thief
02-10-2006, 07:57 AM
about 50passenger. I work for the AA and if i were you,you should drive to CLE for the weekend.

Is this true? Is American Eagle that bad? The wife and I are going but I haven't decided on which airline to fly. Actually, Continental has more flights that fit into our schedule.

whitesoxwilkes
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Not when American Airlines has a deal where, if you find a lower airfare, they will refund you the difference, as they claim on their website to always offer the lowest fares. I always order from AA to increase my air miles and then do research on the fares from other airlines. If I see a lesser fare, I would bring it to AA's attention, and they would have to refund me the difference as is posted on their website.

Would you like another cookie, Heather?

:redneck

Conti has their hub in Cleveland and has flights pretty much on the hour every hour. I'll pay the 10 bucks extra for convenience.