PDA

View Full Version : A "convenient" Cubune error

A. Cavatica
02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
In a piece called "Seeds for Success?" the Cubune lists a number of young players who broke in with the Sox, from Buehrle to Harris, to put BA's debut in some context.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060206soxchart,1,528056.htmlstory?coll=cs-home-headlines

The only problem I have with this is that they use an asterisk to denote two players who "began their careers in other organizations": Olivo and Harris.

Isn't there one other player on that list who began his career in another organization? Hmmm, which organization could that be? Could it be...

cheeses_h_rice
02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
:jon

The Sox got me in a straight up deal for Matt Karchner!

TheDarkGundam
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
So, are they trying to make people forget they traded Garland?
That Cubune. They're so crazy! :tongue:

caulfield12
02-07-2006, 09:07 PM
In a piece called "Seeds for Success?" the Cubune lists a number of young players who broke in with the Sox, from Buehrle to Harris, to put BA's debut in some context.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060206soxchart,1,528056.htmlstory?coll=cs-home-headlines

The only problem I have with this is that they use an asterisk to denote two players who "began their careers in other organizations": Olivo and Harris.

Isn't there one other player on that list who began his career in another organization? Hmmm, which organization could that be? Could it be...

There were some pretty good omissions

Jenks...released by Angels
Cotts...traded by As
D. Marte...traded by Pirates (also with Ms and Yankees, but basically a minor leaguer)

Clembasbal
02-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I wanted to argue that Harris and Olivo played for teams before the Sox, and Garland did not...but only Harris played wiht Baltimore beforehand.

Leaving Jenks off is a mistake, but Marte played with Seattle in 1999 and then Pittsburgh. And Cotts was not good his first year and his first full year wasn't pretty either...so I understand that reasoning.

Anyway, crazy they didn't mark Jon.