PDA

View Full Version : New Street and Smith Baseball Preview

kruzer31
02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Just picked up the new Street and Smiths 2006 baseball preview magazine and it has some great articles and in the middle of the magazine is a great pull out Poster of the World Champion White Sox. Has the whole starting staff and every starting position player as well as a seperate photo of J.Dye WSMVP in the middle of it. Very nice poster for White Sox collectors. Also skimmed through the Sporting News preview and about 4 of there 7 writers have the Sox repeating and have the White Sox ranked number 1 in there Power Rankings to start the season.

Jeff

DannyCaterFan
02-07-2006, 09:53 PM
To be honest about it, I think I prefer when the writers don't pick us to finish first.

doublem23
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
To be honest about it, I think I prefer when the writers don't pick us to finish first.

Who cares what writers think? Anyone who doesn't recognize that we're the best team in the American League by now is a certified moron. Let 'em pick us first and let's prove everyone right this year.

WSox8404
02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Who cares what writers think? Anyone who doesn't recognize that we're the best team in the American League by now is a certified moron. Let 'em pick us first and let's prove everyone right this year.

Yeah. We proved everyone wrong, so lets prove em right. It's the only logical thing to do.

ondafarm
02-08-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm picking the White Sox to win the ALCD and to be a playoff team. There are too many factors to consider to make the World Series Champion anything but an educated guess right now. That being said, my guess is the White Sox, although I doubt we'll face the Astros again.

soxinem1
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Every year these guys make their predictions, and every year they are wrong on most of them.

I'd prefer if we were picked third and called flukes by these guys, if you ask me!!!!

soxfan43
02-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Where did you get your copy? I haven't see them yet but I'm pretty excited for all the preview issues.

kruzer31
02-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Borders has tons of baseball magazines out already, as well as City News stand on cicero by six corners in chicago. City News has every magazine you can think of, and if they dont have a magazine you are looking for, they give you 10 bucks. No Joke.

Jeff

Hangar18
02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Someone may have mentioned this before ............
but whos picture is actually on the cover of this Preview magazine?

Maximo
02-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Someone may have mentioned this before ............
but whos picture is actually on the cover of this Preview magazine?

In the Chicago area Konerko is on the cover along with someone named Derek Lee.

Hitmen77
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
I got the S&S magazine today. They list the Sox 2006 rotation as Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, and McCarthy. I guess they forgot that Garland guy. :redface:

...or, maybe they wrote that up in mid-December when everyone knew the Sox were going to trade Garland to the O's for this refusal to sign an extension. :redneck

soxfan43
02-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I just saw that stuff about Garland too. Oh well. Pretty solid preview issue though, much better than what SI or ESPN usually puts out. They have some interesting takes on some teams and players but overall it's pretty solid.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I just pray the Baseball Tonight idiots don't pick us to do anything. Harold Reynolds and those clowns liking you is a kiss of death. That moron was still picking the Twins to charge back during last season.

Railsplitter
02-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Most of the stuff that comes out this early usually picks last year's champ to be up there again.

Brian26
02-12-2006, 06:43 PM
I got the S&S magazine today. They list the Sox 2006 rotation as Buehrle, Contreras, Garcia, Vazquez, and McCarthy. I guess they forgot that Garland guy. :redface:

I was just at the bookstore this afternoon and browsed through Street & Smith's, seeing this exact mistake. They didn't list him in the bullpen either. I spent 5 minutes quickly going though the Sox info trying to figure out why the missed him...if they had listed him on another team accidentally, etc. He was on the roster on the next page, but for some reason they listed McCarthy ahead of him in the rotation.

It's a pretty nice looking magazine. I might pick it up, but I usually get the Sporting News Yearbook instead.

pearso66
02-12-2006, 08:03 PM
I saw them not listing Garland either, and it was actually the first thing I noticed. I wonder if they know something we don't.