PDA

View Full Version : Preorder the White Sox DVD set

cheeses_h_rice
02-07-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/images/covers/coveri/ANE074722.jpg

$41.97 from Deepdiscountdvd.com. (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722)

CHIsoxNation
02-07-2006, 11:33 AM
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/images/covers/coveri/ANE074722.jpg

$41.97 from Deepdiscountdvd.com. (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE074722)

I've already got mine pre-ordered! :D:

Garland_IS_God
02-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Same here!

BNLSox
02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info.... Just ordered mine!

IspepAloc
02-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm going to wait until DDD has their 20% off sale in June or July. Then I can get it for $33.58

CHIsoxNation
02-07-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm going to wait until DDD has their 20% off sale in June or July. Then I can get it for $33.58

I wish I could wait that long.

Tannerfan
02-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the lead. Got one for me and one for my Dad's B-day.
Also it looks like a good site for other dvd deals.

Garland_IS_God
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I got mine from Amazon because there great when it comes to shipping products out on time. It only cost me $55.

JohnBasedowYoda
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Irishsoxfan
02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know if this is 'Region Free' or do they release these in Region 2 DVD? I may have to buy a new player if not.

chisoxfanatic
02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I thought this was supposed to be a seven DVD set! The ALDS clincher, the ALCS clincher, and the four-game sweep over Houston to win the World Series = six DVDs. What's on the seventh?

MarySwiss
02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I thought this was supposed to be a seven DVD set! The ALDS clincher, the ALCS clincher, and the four-game sweep over Houston to win the World Series = six DVDs. What's on the seventh?

Good question! That's what I thought too.

Edit: Thanks for posting this, Cheeses.

cheeses_h_rice
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM

Game 3 of the World Series was 6 hours, which is a lot to cram onto one DVD. That's the only thing I can think of.

:dunno:

OkStateSox
02-07-2006, 07:27 PM
This comes out right around my birthday, I better make sure someone gets it for me.

MarySwiss
02-07-2006, 07:35 PM
This comes out right around my birthday, I better make sure someone gets it for me.

Uh, no. Live and learn from some of the tragic examples that have been posted on this site. BUY IT YOURSELF and tell the mom, dad, wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever, that you did. Then give them a list of other Sox-related stuff that you'd like to own, but do not necessarily have to have.

I basically told Mr.MarySwiss, within minutes of the final out of the World Series, that he should just BACK THE HELL OFF, because I was going on a shopping spree that would make Imelda Marcos's shoe-buying trips look pathetic.

In short, if you want it, buy it. Don't wait for someone else to buy it for you.

doublem23
02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
In short, if you want it, buy it. Don't wait for someone else to buy it for you.

That, or blackmail somebody. :cool:

anewman35
02-07-2006, 07:55 PM

The Red Sox set had a disc of bonus features, I assume we do too...

Going one better than TiVO, the boxed set also includes a generously packed bonus disc, featuring the 2004 World Series Film, narrated by Denis Leary, as well as 13 other extra features including footage of the post-victory celebrations and the 2005 Ring & Banner Ceremony.

Ours obviously won't have the ring and banner ceremonies, but hopefully it'll have the World Series film and bonus features so I can sell that disc..

delben91
02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know if this is 'Region Free' or do they release these in Region 2 DVD? I may have to buy a new player if not.

It says on the website that Deep Discount only carries "Region 1 DVDs." So you might have to try another site.

EDIT: Ordered mine as well.

OkStateSox
02-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Uh, no. Live and learn from some of the tragic examples that have been posted on this site. BUY IT YOURSELF and tell the mom, dad, wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever, that you did. Then give them a list of other Sox-related stuff that you'd like to own, but do not necessarily have to have.

I basically told Mr.MarySwiss, within minutes of the final out of the World Series, that he should just BACK THE HELL OFF, because I was going on a shopping spree that would make Imelda Marcos's shoe-buying trips look pathetic.

Yea, thats probably a better idea, just to be safe. Last time I wanted a sports related birthday gift, final four tickets to San Antonio 2 years ago (like I was really going to get those:rolleyes:), I was sorely dissapointed. Of course I would have gone last year if Stoudamire (or whatever, I dont care enough to remember his name) didnt have to ruin everything.

anewman35
02-07-2006, 10:07 PM
It says on the website that Deep Discount only carries "Region 1 DVDs." So you might have to try another site.

EDIT: Ordered mine as well.

DeepDiscount just means that they don't do imports. I'd bet anything the set will be the same from every site, and I'd highly doubt there would be a region 2 version put out. However, it's possible the American one would be Region 0, in which case that's what DD would have.