PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favorite Behind-the-Scenes moment of MLB WS Video?

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 09:18 AM
There are a couple for me. The one that really is starting to stand out the most for me as time goes by ......... Is Carl Everetts response pointed answer when asked how the SOX can answer their "critics" who refused to root for them (read=The Media) "Shut up. Shut yo mouths"

oeo
02-07-2006, 09:41 AM
There are a couple for me. The one that really is starting to stand out the most for me as time goes by ......... Is Carl Everetts response pointed answer when asked how the SOX can answer their "critics" who refused to root for them (read=The Media) "Shut up. Shut yo mouths"

It has to be after Jenks lets the Astros tie up Game 2. When AJ says something like, "That's alright, we'll just have to break their hearts again and walk them off." Truly awesome.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:24 AM
It has to be after Jenks lets the Astros tie up Game 2. When AJ says something like, "That's alright, we'll just have to break their hearts again and walk them off." Truly awesome.

"we'll just walk them off" -AJ Pierzynski. your right, thats a good one too.

mantis1212
02-07-2006, 10:27 AM
I liked the scenes from the locker room during the last three outs (on the special features). The Astros' employees laying out all the champagne for the SOX and putting up plastic while you hear the announcers in the background.

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
"You know what I call pressure? Having seven kids and you make only one dollar a month."

- Ozzie Guillen, Manager, World Series Champion Chicago White Sox

sox1970
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM

Funny. That's my least favorite moment on the DVD. It comes of as a negative in such a positive collection of images from the World Series. I would have rather seen more players commenting how great this was for Chicago and Sox fans, rather than telling the critics to shut up.

My favorite part of the DVD are the extras--the ABs of Konerko, Podsednik, and Blum. Looking forward to the complete DVD set coming out March 28. Hopefully they'll clean it up so there aren't 20 billion ads for Prison Break throughout the thing.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Looking forward to the complete DVD set coming out March 28. Hopefully they'll clean it up so there aren't 20 billion ads for Prison Break throughout the thing.

Im looking forward to it as well, I REALLY HOPE THEY FIX THE CROWD MIKE THING. That is whats so telling and special about the series, especially at home, how loud and vocal the SOX fans were. FOX did a great job censoring this as much as they could, but its too apparent looking at the crowds and getting confirmation from people that were actually there.

It is SO VERY ANTI-CLIMACTIC to hear the players and announcers talk about how loud the place is, only to NOT be able to hear it because FOX hates the SOX.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Funny. That's my least favorite moment on the DVD. It comes of as a negative in such a positive collection of images from the World Series.

No way. Its something that was never played in Chicago (because of the connotations) The SOX knew they got the shaft from the media all season long, and AJ, Paulie, Ozzie all made direct and sarcastic comments regarding this (guess that makes them cub-sessed too). It was refreshing that MLB allowed that to be in there, makes for a good "year-book" type moment, and allows SOX fans to correctly remember what was happening during this great season.

soltrain21
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Im looking forward to it as well, I REALLY HOPE THEY FIX THE CROWD MIKE THING. That is whats so telling and special about the series, especially at home, how loud and vocal the SOX fans were. FOX did a great job censoring this as much as they could, but its too apparent looking at the crowds and getting confirmation from people that were actually there.

It is SO VERY ANTI-CLIMACTIC to hear the players and announcers talk about how loud the place is, only to NOT be able to hear it because FOX hates the SOX.

The crowd mic was no different than any other game I have heard on Fox. You are grasping for straws.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 11:07 AM
The crowd mic was no different than any other game I have heard on Fox. You are grasping for straws.

Watch the world series dvd ..............

I hope they do something different with the box set ..........

MUsoxfan
02-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I like Geoff Blum taking BP and yelling out, "Hey I'm gonna be dropping some bombs out there........I'm trying to hit homers."

chisoxmike
02-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Funny. That's my least favorite moment on the DVD. It comes of as a negative in such a positive collection of images from the World Series. I would have rather seen more players commenting how great this was for Chicago and Sox fans, rather than telling the critics to shut up.

:rolleyes:

Why? I loved that part. I also like when Carl goes " Chicago...SOUTH SIDE!"
My favorite is the final 3 outs, and clubhouse celebration.

rookie
02-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I crack up every time Willie Harris does his play by play during game 4 of the WS, especially when Freddy has the bases loaded...

"C'mon Freddy, get us out of this..."

mcp5185
02-08-2006, 12:43 AM
My personal favorite is watching Anderson and Rowand react to Pods' walkoff. Absolutely hilarious.

FedEx227
02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
My personal favorite is watching Anderson and Rowand react to Pods' walkoff. Absolutely hilarious.

Yeah I love that one as well. The shock 'No way....No way'.... then Anderson jumping up and down like a school girl "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD" its just raw-raw emotion that you can't make up.

ChiSoxGirl
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
After reading this thread on & off yesterday, I put the MLB DVD in (and cried right on cue, as usual :whiner:). There are so many great, candid moments caught on tape from this DVD, but if I had to choose, I have to pick two! I like how A.J. talks about how he slept "sooooo good last night" when doing warm-ups on the field before Game 1 of the ALDS. He just sounded incredibly relaxed and like he was ready to take on the world.

I also like how when Ozzie calls Kusyner in the bullpen during Game 2 of the World Series, asking to talk to Jenks. He asks Jenks if he's OK and ready to go, and then says, "Are you sure? Are you sure? Because I can't do this without you." That "I can't do this without you" strikes a nerve with me each time because it further illustrates the undying faith Ozzie has in each and every one of his players- no matter of he's a rookie out of AA or if he's been in the league for years.

EastCoastSoxFan
02-08-2006, 10:24 AM
I got a laugh out of Geoff Blum's remark during game 3 BP that, "...if I were still in San Diego I'd be changing diapers right now. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet..."

SOXPHILE
02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Blum had some good ones. I like when he says "I've seen one pitch the whole post season. GIVE ME A BREAK !"

The quick shots of all the guys in the dugout during the regular season were funny too. Dye tossing towels at Rowand and Crede, saying in a sing-song voice "Dumb and Dumberrrrrr...." Also, who was A.J. leaning over when he said "Mike check..mike check..." ? Just thought those were some funny candid moments.

Iwritecode
02-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Rowand crashing into the outfield wall during game 1 of the ALCS with the Sox already up by 11 runs:

"Oh that hurt!"

C-Dawg
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM

It wasn't really a "behind the scenes" moment but its worth mentioning since they talk about it on the DVD - when Bobby gives up the pinch hit in the 9th inning, thus taking the win away from Mark Buehrle. Bobby retreats into the dugout looking like he's about to cry, and who's the first one to greet him there? Mark Buehrle, with a big smile and pat on the head for Bobby, to cheer him up. It goes a long way in demonstrating what a team player MB is; can you imagine the angry icy stare a reliever would get from, say, a Mark Prior after giving up the tying run and taking away a World Series victory? I almost want to cry myself when I see it on the DVD.

SoXPriDe33
02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I crack up every time Willie Harris does his play by play during game 4 of the WS, especially when Freddy has the bases loaded...

"C'mon Freddy, get us out of this..."

That is my favorite part also I start there and then play the DVD from the beginning. That part and AJ saying how good he slept the night before game 1 of the ALDS.