PDA

View Full Version : Dear Tribune:

illinibk
02-06-2006, 11:16 PM
I just struck out 24 batters in 91 pitches in a simulated game. When will I get recognition for it in the paper and the Cy Young awards associated with said simulated game excellence?

chisoxfanatic
02-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Count yourself fortunate to get simulated recognition! LOL!

FarSouthSoxFan
02-07-2006, 02:42 AM
I just struck out 24 batters in 91 pitches in a simulated game. When will I get recognition for it in the paper and the Cy Young awards associated with said simulated game excellence?

I pulled off a 26 strikeout perfect game on MVP Baseball 2005 with Brandon McCarthy (I had to "create player" for him. Gave him medium durability, a medium-speed curve with good movement and control, a 90 mph fastball with no movement and excellent control, and a slow change with no movement and excellent control).

Does that count? I want the simulated Cy Young for whichever league you're not in. :cool:

Stupid Alex Sanchez hit a weak grounder to Uribe.

SOXSINCE'70
02-07-2006, 06:56 AM

When you break the mexican pitching strikeout record,just like
Esieban Loaiza did for the Sox in 2003.:roflmao: :roflmao:

DaleJRFan
02-07-2006, 10:15 AM

I hit seven home runs off of Mark Prior in one inning on MVP05 lastnight. Do I deserve recognition too? :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 10:23 AM
I hit seven home runs off of Mark Prior in one inning on MVP05 lastnight. Do I deserve recognition too? :cool:

I had Buehrle throw a complete game one hitter, and he went 4-4 with 3 home runs.. all off Prior.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:28 AM

With a runner on .......The Messiah kept throwing me inside, and on a 3-2 count, I smoked it opposite field for a 2 run homer. He came up next inning and I promptly DRILLED him in the back. Juan Pierre then tried to bunt him to 2nd, and hurt his knee running to first, out 4-6 months.
Good game overall

DaleJRFan
02-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I had Buehrle throw a complete game one hitter, and he went 4-4 with 3 home runs.. all off Prior.

blahahahah!! Were you in rookie mode?? :D:

I've only hit a homerun with a pitcher once, and it was Odalis Perez.

DaleJRFan
02-07-2006, 10:29 AM
With a runner on .......The Messiah kept throwing me inside, and on a 3-2 count, I smoked it opposite field for a 2 run homer. He came up next inning and I promptly DRILLED him in the back. Juan Pierre then tried to bunt him to 2nd, and hurt his knee running to first, out 4-6 months.
Good game overall

You threw at the pitcher?? LOL.

I love playing the Cubs in MVP05.

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
blahahahah!! Were you in rookie mode?? :D:

I've only hit a homerun with a pitcher once, and it was Odalis Perez.

Love those power alleys. :gulp:

Not Rookie, the intermediate difficulty, though.

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Good game overall

Did you trade Pierre over to the Cubs in your season on purpose, or was it a coincidence the computer simulated trades brought Pierre to them?

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:49 AM
You threw at the pitcher?? LOL.

Yeah I did, $10 Million dollar first pitch too. He got mad.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Did you trade Pierre over to the Cubs in your season on purpose, or was it a coincidence the computer simulated trades brought Pierre to them?

I pretended it was Pierre .........

SOXPHILE
02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't play video games, but....while I was doing laundry the other day, I did take a towel and throw it from flat ground 25 times, just like Markie & Carrie. Does that count ?

DaleJRFan
02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
I actually spend about a week creating a 2006 roster for MVP 05 - PC version, complete with all trades, signings, player progression, prospects, NRIs, etc.

If any of you guys play the PC version of MVP 05, let me know, I can email you a copy of the roster update.

Chrisaway
02-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I have it for pc and already have the 2006 schedule/rosters (including minors) modded in.
mvpmods.com