PDA

View Full Version : Jealous and angry Cubs fans

thomas35forever
02-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Has anyone seen this article on CBS Sportsline?
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9209133

LuvSox
02-06-2006, 10:58 PM
**** the Cubs and their stupid fans. They have treated us like **** for many, many years. May they wallow in mediocrity for all eternity.

DrCrawdad
02-06-2006, 11:14 PM

Wait, Cub fans were talking about the White Sox at Cub Cornvention? I thought they didn't care nor give a thought about the Sox?

DrCrawdad
02-06-2006, 11:15 PM

Wait, Cub fans were talking about the White Sox at Cub Cornvention? I thought they didn't care nor give a thought about the Sox?

SoxSpeed22
02-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Wait, Cub fans were talking about the White Sox at Cub Cornvention? I thought they didn't care nor give a thought about the Sox?The tide is turning I see...

DumpJerry
02-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm sorry...enlighten me....who are these Cubs everyone speaks of?

DSpivack
02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry...enlighten me....who are these Cubs everyone speaks of?

I don't know, either. A cub is baby bear, perhaps the Bears have a minor league affiliate now.

DrCrawdad
02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
The tide is turning I see...

No it turned long ago, Cub fans just can't candidly admit it.

DumpJerry
02-06-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't know, either. A cub is baby bear, perhaps the Bears have a minor league affiliate now.
Whenever I go to Alaska, the park rangers tell me to stay away from the Cubs because it is very dangerous to get near them. I tell them they don't have to worry about me, ever since I was a wee one, my momma told me not to get near the cubs......

chuckn98229
02-06-2006, 11:55 PM
For the life of me, I just cannot understand why the cubs did not snare Furcal, Tejada, and every other free agent player (except Sosa and Mr. Hamm). I thought every major league baseball player would give their left nut to play at the Urinal and for the greatest manager that ever managed a baseball game - Dusty Baker! Certainly the Tribunesters would not mis-lead us, would they?

The Critic
02-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Isn't that Aramis Ramirez and not Neifi Perez in the picture in that article?

SOXSINCE'70
02-07-2006, 06:59 AM
:hawk
"Screw 'em!"

MsSoxVixen22
02-07-2006, 08:37 AM
**** the Cubs and their stupid fans. They have treated us like **** for many, many years. May they wallow in mediocrity for all eternity.

Amen!

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 08:56 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Seems to me they are bit Sox-cessed? heh heheh hehe.
See, they talk about us just as much as we talk about them.
All I know is that since 1950, the SOX have 13 90win seasons (plus World Championship)
and they pack the place regularly to see a team since 1950 have only 3 90win seasons. HAHHHAHQAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHA

Chicken Dinner
02-07-2006, 09:06 AM
Let the Cub fans plan their "100 years without a trophy" celebration. That's the only thing they have to worry about.

Jaffar
02-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I like the fan who replied to the article and stated niether team will make the playoffs.

TDog
02-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Whenever I go to Alaska, the park rangers tell me to stay away from the Cubs because it is very dangerous to get near them. I tell them they don't have to worry about me, ever since I was a wee one, my momma told me not to get near the cubs......

The big problem in populated parts of Alaska is that you find Cubs rooting around in people's garbage and leaving huge messes. The thing is, they're so cute and loveable.

WSox597
02-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Let the Cub fans plan their "100 years without a trophy" celebration.

New motto: "A century of despair, but we still sell out the place"

Kwrubac
02-07-2006, 10:05 AM
What happened to the Cubs fans embracing the lovable loser tag, guess that's what happens when a team wins a world series in your back yard. Personally, I feel no pity for them or their "management" if you can even call them that. People kept showing up to games regardless of the quality of the team that was put out on the field and they still will. The only way the Cubs will ever have an incentive to improve is if their fans start caring more about baseball and less about the social scene that is Wrigley. Therefore I encourage Cub fans to continue embracing mediocrity and continuing showing up, while we continue to embrace greatness on the South Side.

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 10:17 AM
...........ever have an incentive to improve is if their fans start caring more about baseball and less about the social scene that is Wrigley. .

:knue "Thats why we INNOVATIVELY installed a BullPen Bar of our own in Centerfield so that fans can drink beer and enjoy the game even more. We also were creative and built a concourse so that fans can congretate and get a look at the sheep in the street below. As a final touch, we were totally thinking-outside-the-box and will be the 1st team in baseball to put a fence in RF, that will allow sheep in the street to peek into the game, all the while allowing WGN to show Gratuitious camera shots of our great fans. We are the most storied franchise after all"

Steelrod
02-07-2006, 10:25 AM
I can't even imagine what their 100 years of futility patch will look like on their jerseys, as well as promo giveaways. Will probably sell 1,000s of hats screaming lovable failure! Knowing Cub fans as I do, they are hoping not to win, but to achieve this milestone!

The Wall
02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I dont know if you guys noticed...but during Superbowl, even ESPN took a nice shot at the scrubs when their ad showed Pierre taking off on a steal attempt n running to his left!!!!

Only a scrub baserunner wud do that :roflmao:

DumpJerry
02-07-2006, 01:16 PM
The big problem in populated parts of Alaska is that you find Cubs rooting around in people's garbage and leaving huge messes like Sammy Sosa. The thing is, they're so cute and loveable losers.
Fixed it for you bro'.

DrCrawdad
02-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Seems to me they are bit Sox-cessed? heh heheh hehe.
See, they talk about us just as much as we talk about them.
All I know is that since 1950, the SOX have 13 90win seasons (plus World Championship)
and they pack the place regularly to see a team since 1950 have only 3 90win seasons. HAHHHAHQAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHA

In the past I've pointed that out to Cubbie fans and mentioned that IIRC they've made it to the post-season everytime they've won 94+ except for maybe '69. Whereas the Sox have had a bunch of 94+ where they didn't make the post-season.

DumpJerry
02-07-2006, 01:37 PM
In the past I've pointed that out to Cubbie fans and mentioned that IIRC they've made it to the post-season everytime they've won 94+ except for maybe '69. Whereas the Sox have had a bunch of 94+ where they didn't make the post-season.
Further evidence of the strength and balance of the American League.

Iwritecode
02-07-2006, 02:14 PM
People kept showing up to games regardless of the quality of the team that was put out on the field and they still will.

I'm really curious to see if they'll keep showing up in droves like they have in past years if the team continues to wallow in mediocrity. From the comments made at their Convention, it almost sounds like the fans are getting a little fed up and are certainly not happy about the success of the Sox overshadowing them.

Of course it won't suprise me at all if they still continue to show up...

DumpJerry
02-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm really curious to see if they'll keep showing up in droves like they have in past years if the team continues to wallow in mediocrity. From the comments made at their Convention, it almost sounds like the fans are getting a little fed up and are certainly not happy about the success of the Sox overshadowing them.

Of course it won't suprise me at all if they still continue to show up...
They will. As long as there are people in Iowa and charter busses and frat boys and beer, there will be sold out games at the dump.

Why do people think baseball has something to do with the attendance at The Urinal?

JohnBasedowYoda
02-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Let the Cub fans plan their "100 years without a trophy" celebration. That's the only thing they have to worry about.

I think we should have a little party celebrating that fact too. Show up at murphy's bleachers or one of those places, bring signs and shirts and have a ball.

Iwritecode
02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
They will. As long as there are people in Iowa and charter busses and frat boys and beer, there will be sold out games at the dump.

Why do people think baseball has something to do with the attendance at The Urinal?

You're right. What the hell was I thinking? :D:

I do think that the actual fans (the few that actually go to watch the game) are going to start going less and less. So instead of 20,000 die-hards and 20,000 "Wrigley Fans" it will start turning into 10,000 diehards and 30,000 "Wrigley Fans"...

Joosh
02-07-2006, 02:58 PM
I think we should have a little party celebrating that fact too. Show up at murphy's bleachers or one of those places, bring signs and shirts and have a ball.

You couldn't pay me to sit for three hours in a stadium surrounded by drunks with the smell of urine stinging my nostrils.

Instead, how bout we all go down to the Cell and talk White Sox baseball.

North Side Baseball? What North Side Baseball? :cool:

areilly
02-07-2006, 03:02 PM

Sign me up. I'll be there in my Comiskey Park 1910 t-shirt (from the Nordstrom's on Michigan Ave., believe it or not - perhaps the good guys are finally attaining high fashion status? :cool: ).

And before I forget:

NINE-teen-O-eight!!!
(thud thud thudthudthud)

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 03:12 PM

Those people will keep showing up like Sheep, their hooves full of dollars,
bahhhhhhh'ing for more Budweiser, ready to spend on the majesty that is cubs baseball. Cub fans are not the smartest fans around.
What kind of "fan" would pack a stadium daily to watch a team that,

* since 1950, has only had 14 "winning" seasons?
(Thats 41 losing seasons out of 55 folks, heh heh)
* since 1990, has had ZERO 90-win seasons?

Answer: Cub fans
hahahahahaahhahahahaahahhahahaahahhaah. What a bunch of Monkeys.

Kwrubac
02-07-2006, 03:27 PM

Unfortunately I have to admit that despite my better judgement I am friends with Cubs fans and have been to a few non-cross town games. (Have no fear the tickets were free! I would NEVER pay to see them play unless it was against the South Side) The only way to enjoy baseball there is about after 6 beers, its really painful to watch. Sadly enough, I think a majority of their fans are ok with them being bad as long as the booze is flowing and the "view" is plentiful.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

SOXPHILE
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Those people will keep showing up like Sheep, their hooves full of dollars,
bahhhhhhh'ing for more Budweiser, ready to spend on the majesty that is cubs baseball. Cub fans are not the smartest fans around.
What kind of "fan" would pack a stadium daily to watch a team that,

* since 1950, has only had 14 "winning" seasons?
(Thats 41 losing seasons out of 55 folks, heh heh)
* since 1990, has had ZERO 90-win seasons?

Answer: Cub fans
hahahahahaahhahahahaahahhahahaahahhaah. What a bunch of Monkeys.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2005-05/17647830.jpg

"Hey !! What's up bro's ?? How's your winter going ? I don't know about you guys, but I am getting SO psyched for baseball again ! Last year at Wrigley was SO AWESOME, I can't wait to do it again. I went to, like, 20 games last year, because my buddy Lance's Dad gets the tickets FREE from the consulting firm he works for. Oh my God, 2005 was, like, the best. Get this, some of the people we got to see sing the 7th inning stretch were Jeff Gordon, and that J.J. guy from Good Times. He's HILARIOUS ! I don't know yet, but Lance's dad said Hillary Duff AND Lindsay Lohan might sing this year. They are SOOO hot ! Speaking of hot, last year, there were so many hot babes sitting around us. One time, when we were leaving after the 7th inning to head on over to Murphy's, this one chick was, like, sooo drunk, and she asked me which way the bathroom was ! A couple of other times, we thought we saw some other ones sitting nearby looking at us. Lance said we should go over and talk to them, but we didn't get the chance, cuz the beer man came by. Well, I hope we see them again this year !!! Dude, I hope we can make another playoff run in '06 just like we did in '05. That would rock ! Cubbies Alive In '05 and Cubbies Kick In '06 ! That's what I say ! Back to back playoff runs ! YEAH BABY ! CUBBIES ! WOOOO !"

MUsoxfan
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
"Hey !! What's up bro's ?? How's your winter going ? I don't know about you guys, but I am getting SO psyched for baseball again ! Last year at Wrigley was SO AWESOME, I can't wait to do it again. I went to, like, 20 games last year, because my buddy Lance's Dad gets the tickets FREE from the consulting firm he works for. Oh my God, 2005 was, like, the best. Get this, some of the people we got to see sing the 7th inning stretch were Jeff Gordon, and that J.J. guy from Good Times. He's HILARIOUS ! I don't know yet, but Lance's dad said Hillary Duff AND Lindsay Lohan might sing this year. They are SOOO hot ! Speaking of hot, last year, there were so many hot babes sitting around us. One time, when we were leaving after the 7th inning to head on over to Murphy's, this one chick was, like, sooo drunk, and she asked me which way the bathroom was ! A couple of other times, we thought we saw some other ones sitting nearby looking at us. Lance said we should go over and talk to them, but we didn't get the chance, cuz the beer man came by. Well, I hope we see them again this year !!! Dude, I hope we can make another playoff run in '06 just like we did in '05. That would rock ! Cubbies Alive In '05 and Cubbies Kick In '06 ! That's what I say ! Back to back playoff runs ! YEAH BABY ! CUBBIES ! WOOOO !"

Wow. I think that's actually an official transcript from somewhere. Good job, Soxphile