PDA

View Full Version : Which DVD do you enjoy more?

chisoxfanatic
02-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Obviously, both DVDs are awesome in their own way. But, if you only had 90 minutes to spare and wanted to watch a Sox DVD, which would you pick?

DumpJerry
02-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Both! Unplug the clock so your 90 minutes lasts forever.:D:

sox1970
02-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Obviously, both DVDs are awesome in their own way. But, if you only had 90 minutes to spare and wanted to watch a Sox DVD, which would you pick?

It's a tie--regular season highlights, I go with Sox Pride.
Postseason--The World Series DVD.

If I'm on a deserted island and I only get one--The World Series DVD.

delben91
02-06-2006, 09:16 PM
World Series DVD by a length. The montage they show of all the different reactions after Paulie catches Juan's throw to end game 4 puts it over the top.

itsnotrequired
02-06-2006, 09:17 PM
WS gets the nod from me as well. It just seems more "dramatic".

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 08:38 AM
The WS video by MLB is Excellent. I cant get over what a good job they did. I especially love the extras they put onto the video at the end. Michael Clark Duncans voice is very dramatic and professional. I only wish they were better able to fix the crowd mikes to better gauge just how loud the SOX fans really were. All thru the video, theres mention of how loud the park got for the SOX, but YOU CANT HEAR IT ON THE VIDEO. Thumbs Down. Especially when KONERKO hit his GS homer. The moment he hit the ball, the place went bananas and unfortuneately, the mikes make it sound like the SOX are playing in front of 10,000 people. Konerko himself is saying the place was so loud, he couldnt hear someone telling him to take a Curtain Call ......... Pie-in-the-face to FOX for turning down the mikes at moment when someone is blatantly admitting it was terrifically loud there.

Overall, this video is excellent. Their use of of the same SOX intro music throughout is a huge thumbs up, as well as some pointed comments by some of the the players (carl everett) I also ESPECIALLY love Steve Perrys comments .........reacting to how many SOX fans there were at Minute Maid Park in Houston, and how loud they were, all cheering and all very loud. "Look at this ......its like Chicago, Texas" Awesome comment and another direct slap in the face to FOX for not showing ANY of the SOX fans that were at that game. Every hit, you could hear the fans cheering very loudly, only to be ignored by FOX cameras. My buddy was at that game, and he said he couldnt believe how many SOX fans were at that game also, and how loud they were. He went by himself, but of course befriended an entire group. Overall, great video MLB.

soxfan13
02-07-2006, 09:16 AM
The WS video by MLB is Excellent. I cant get over what a good job they did. I especially love the extras they put onto the video at the end. Michael Clark Duncans voice is very dramatic and professional. I only wish they were better able to fix the crowd mikes to better gauge just how loud the SOX fans really were. All thru the video, theres mention of how loud the park got for the SOX, but YOU CANT HEAR IT ON THE VIDEO. Thumbs Down. Especially when KONERKO hit his GS homer. The moment he hit the ball, the place went bananas and unfortuneately, the mikes make it sound like the SOX are playing in front of 10,000 people. Konerko himself is saying the place was so loud, he couldnt hear someone telling him to take a Curtain Call ......... Pie-in-the-face to FOX for turning down the mikes at moment when someone is blatantly admitting it was terrifically loud there.

Overall, this video is excellent. Their use of of the same SOX intro music throughout is a huge thumbs up, as well as some pointed comments by some of the the players (carl everett) I also ESPECIALLY love Steve Perrys comments .........reacting to how many SOX fans there were at Minute Maid Park in Houston, and how loud they were, all cheering and all very loud. "Look at this ......its like Chicago, Texas" Awesome comment and another direct slap in the face to FOX for not showing ANY of the SOX fans that were at that game. Every hit, you could hear the fans cheering very loudly, only to be ignored by FOX cameras. My buddy was at that game, and he said he couldnt believe how many SOX fans were at that game also, and how loud they were. He went by himself, but of course befriended an entire group. Overall, great video MLB.

Was at both games in Houston, and the sound of the Sox fans was especially noticeable in the later innings of both games when the Houston fans started to lose hope:D:

dondosae1
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I actually enjoy the Pride video more...but I am gonna have to re-watch to W.S one again just to make sure!

Hangar18
02-07-2006, 09:54 AM
The music is excellent throughout. I also love the SOX FACTS they throw in throughout the video, allowing you to see just how good this team really was as the season progressed. There was a point where they showed the SOX record in July and it was phenomenal just how good they were, and I was remembering at that same point, the lack of attention they were getting right here at home. Puts things in perspective.

FedEx227
02-07-2006, 10:30 AM
the mikes make it sound like the SOX are playing in front of 10,000 people

What?! They weren't?

My vote goes for Sox Pride because of the fantastic job done on the regular season chronicling everything not just the postseason.

In terms of production value the WS video takes the cake, its one of the best I've ever seen and the extras are great, I just gotta go with Sox Pride because it gives you a real idea of how this team was all season and all the ups and the downs before finally taking home the title.

ChiSoxGirl
02-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I can't really expected to choose between the two greatest DVDs ever released, can I?

Seriously, both are fantastic, but I tend to lean toward the MLB DVD slightly. Out of both, it's the only one guaranteed to make me cry each time I watch it... and in the exact same places, too- when Podsednik walks-off Game 2 and he's discussing how he saw Raines throw his arm up in the air; and when A.J. jumps on Jenks and the only thing you hear is that dramatic music while watching everyone else pile onto Pierzynski & Jenks. That's true tear-jerker material! :whiner:

chisoxmike
02-07-2006, 11:01 AM
The Sox pride DVD is ok. I love Hawk, but that was the worst narration job I've ever heard. But, I like how they showed regular season stuff on the Sox Pride DVD.

The MLB DVD is the best, the music, the editing, and the narration is all very well done. I especially liked the behind the scenes stuff. Like Ozzie on the phone with Jenks in WS Game 2. The extra feature that shows the final 3 outs and leading up to the clubhouse celebration is the best feature of the the extras. Did anyone noticed the screw up on the DVD though? Maybe they did it on purpose, but, when they start the playoff segment for the ALDS, they show aircrafts flying over Angels Stadium, and nothing for the cell. Small, but noticeable.

jdm2662
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
The Sox Pride is good for the regular season. However, it was a big turn off when the focused too much on the two Cubs series, especially since the Sox lost the last two of the second one. There should've been more focus on the Twins and Indians series since they mean much more in the standings.

The MLB one is much better for the playoffs, obviously. I would have to vote for the MLB World Series video. There are many more highlights in the postseason, and they really did a great job with the footage, especially with the Blum homer. The extras the dvd has is good, too. The Sox pride DVD seemed to recycle some of that footage.

JohnBasedowYoda
02-07-2006, 01:56 PM
to share a naughty secret...i don't own the WS dvd yet:o:

ChiSoxGirl
02-07-2006, 02:00 PM
to share a naughty secret...i don't own the WS dvd yet:o:

:thud:

Jerko
02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
:thud:

Give him a detention chisoxgirl. :o:

ChiSoxGirl
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Give him a detention chisoxgirl. :o:

If that's what it'll take for him to go out and get that DVD, consider it done! :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
02-07-2006, 02:22 PM
If that's what it'll take for him to go out and get that DVD, consider it done! :cool:

To plead my case I assumed I was getting it for Christmas. But we all know what happens when you assume....

edit: 2000 posts...whoot whoot!

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 03:10 PM
To plead my case I assumed I was getting it for Christmas. But we all know what happens when you assume....

edit: 2000 posts...whoot whoot!

I know how you feel. When I was your age, all I wanted for Christmas was an Electric Football game. And when my parents bought it for me, it was the happiest day of my life. Well, good night.

MUsoxfan
02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I like the World Series DVD more. I felt too much attention was paid to the 6 games against the Cubs in the Sox Pride DVD. If they paid more attention to the 38 or whatever games against the Tribe and Twinkies, I might be more inclined to like it better. Maybe it was Michael Clarke Duncan's voice that was the kicker though

MushMouth
02-07-2006, 03:17 PM
You know, I just DVR'd a 2005 World Series Recap show broadcast on INHD. Anyone know if this is the MLB version, just in High Def? It might take a permanent spot on my DVR.

thomas35forever
02-07-2006, 04:23 PM
I have to give my vote to the World Series DVD. Sox Pride doesn't show the same drama the World Series film does. It might be good for a regular season recap and special features, but it's just not as exciting.

SOXintheBURGH
02-07-2006, 04:25 PM
The MLB intro sets the tone so nicely.

"How do you stop an 88 year drought?...."

SOXPHILE
02-07-2006, 04:38 PM
I can't make up my mind. (I'll just have to watch them both AGAIN). I love the extras on both DVD's- Konerko and Podsednik's homerun calls, Geoff Blum talking about his game 3 homerun while at breakfast with his family, etc. on the World Series one. The scoreboard intro at the begginning of the Sox Pride DVD is outstanding too. I thought both Michael Clark Duncan and Hawk were good narrators. I do agree with the earlier posts that a little too much attention was focused on the Cubs series on the Sox Pride DVD, and wish a little more attention was paid to the Indians and Twins series.

chisoxfanatic
02-07-2006, 05:59 PM
The one negative about the Sox Pride DVD is that they changed the middle song of the Montage. It just doesn't have the same "feel" to it not hearing it entirely the way they play it before every ballgame!

doublem23
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
The Sox Pride DVD is amazing, and I love it, but nothing beats the World Series DVD... I still get the same goosebumps that I got in October.

Sox-on-TV44
02-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Come on!!!!!

Can I choose both?

tacosalbarojas
02-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I like the World Series DVD more. I felt too much attention was paid to the 6 games against the Cubs in the Sox Pride DVD. If they paid more attention to the 38 or whatever games against the Tribe and Twinkies, And we have a winner. Bingo - best post here, IMO. I know it's been discussed before, but that Sox Pride DVD by-passed so many big, critical, and dramatic games, it's not even funny.