PDA

View Full Version : Rotoworld's top 10 AL central prospects

ChiSoxRowand
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/story.asp?sport=MLB&storyid=19516

Here's the list, the didn't include Jenks.

1. Anderson
2. Sweeney
3. Liotta
4. Fields
5. Owens
6. Broadway
7. Tracey
8. Haeger
9. Valido
10. Getz

JermaineDye05
02-06-2006, 04:41 PM
don't you mean top white sox prospects cause if your gonna have top 10 AL where's the Twinks Francisco Liriano (spelling?)

CHIsoxNation
02-06-2006, 04:50 PM
don't you mean top white sox prospects cause if your gonna have top 10 AL where's the Twinks Francisco Liriano (spelling?)

It looks like this is just the White Sox top ten. If you click on the link you'll see they show the top 10 for each team in the Central.

MUsoxfan
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Damn....I thought we had a clean sweep:redneck

Mr. White Sox
02-07-2006, 01:13 AM
According to the experts on here, Valido has a chance to be great. Randar, I believe, was not high on Tracey. Sweeney also supposedly has a higher ceiling than Anderson, but it makes sense that the most major-league-ready player would be #1.

KRS1
02-07-2006, 01:29 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/story.asp?sport=MLB&storyid=19516

Here's the list, the didn't include Jenks.

1. Anderson
2. Sweeney
3. Liotta
4. Fields
5. Owens
6. Broadway
7. Tracey
8. Haeger
9. Valido
10. Getz

Gotta like seeing Chris Getz get some love. He recorded pitches in the low 90's at WF his freshman season, which makes me think he has the arm strength to play 3rd. His reaction time in the field is supposed to be tremendous, and watching his scouting tape I have to agree. All this combined with his speed adds up to him becoming an extremely valuable utility guy all-around the IF. Man he is gonna be an exciting one to watch when he arrives. Sorry if you guys think I'm jumping the gun on this one, but from the second I read the BA write-ups on him, and the fact that our scouts liked him enough to draft him twice, I knew his ability would mesh with our organization.

rdivaldi
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Gotta like seeing Chris Getz get some love. He recorded pitches in the low 90's at WF his freshman season, which makes me think he has the arm strength to play 3rd. His reaction time in the field is supposed to be tremendous, and watching his scouting tape I have to agree. All this combined with his speed adds up to him becoming an extremely valuable utility guy all-around the IF. Man he is gonna be an exciting one to watch when he arrives. Sorry if you guys think I'm jumping the gun on this one, but from the second I read the BA write-ups on him, and the fact that our scouts liked him enough to draft him twice, I knew his ability would mesh with our organization.

Actually I hate to see that. It's a pretty big slap in the face for a scouting service to put a guy who played a good part of the season in rookie ball in your top 10 who projects to be a utility infielder. It's basically saying that the upper levels are devoid of talent.

DaleJRFan
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Valido tested positive for steroids??? :?: :o:

caulfield12
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Actually I hate to see that. It's a pretty big slap in the face for a scouting service to put a guy who played a good part of the season in rookie ball in your top 10 who projects to be a utility infielder. It's basically saying that the upper levels are devoid of talent.

I think our system is actually doing pretty well, somewhere between 16th and 19th with Chris Young, Haigwood and Gio Gonzalez all gone. If you factor in those three, along with the likes of Josh Rupe (considered to be a very good shot to be the 5th starter in Texas) and Anthony Webster, our system has been pretty productive, all things considered. And we have done a great job keeping the right players, with the possible exceptions of J. Reed (who had no way to play ahead of Rowand and then Anderson and was pressured by the AA outfield from behind), Frank Francisco and Josh Rupe. And I don´t think we would trade to get Morse and Reed back again, would we? And we cannot forget McCarthy and the jewel we dug up in Jenks (apparently).

We still have Borchard, Honel, Brian West (I think, again), Corwin Malone, Munoz, Bajenaru, Jason Stumm...all those guys were once considered Top 10 level prospects, or close with Bajenaru and Munoz. We´ve just had more than our fair share of pitching injuries in the minor league talent pool from 2001-2004.

We have others like Rogowski, Collaro and Gload (I know he´s too old and experienced to count as a prospect) that are in that Top 11-20 range.

We have a pretty nifty fielding SS in Pedro Lopez that could make some contributions. Our best catching prospect, Hernandez, was NOT on that list.

We also have the infamous and intriguing Anderson Gomes, lol.

Gee
02-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Does anybody else have more interesting info on Gomes.
When ST breaks where will this guy go?
Outfields are crowded!

caulfield12
02-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Does anybody else have more interesting info on Gomes.
When ST breaks where will this guy go?
Outfields are crowded!

He will probably be in Extended Spring Training. I guess if you believe in miracles, he would be ready to start in the South Atlantic League (Low A), but he looks to be 3.5-5 years away from the big leagues, if he ever makes it.

California Sox
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
And we have done a great job keeping the right players, with the possible exceptions of J. Reed (who had no way to play ahead of Rowand and then Anderson and was pressured by the AA outfield from behind), Frank Francisco and Josh Rupe.

And possibly Young. That one has to be worked out.

California Sox
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
He (Anderson Gomes) will probably be in Extended Spring Training. I guess if you believe in miracles, he would be ready to start in the South Atlantic League (Low A), but he looks to be 3.5-5 years away from the big leagues, if he ever makes it.

I agree but there has been talk (I think from Phil) that members of the organization think he can finish the season in AA. :o:

I swear the whole thing seems like that April Fool's joke SI pulled back in the day. It's fascinating because next to nothing is known. Kind of like the monster under the bed of prospects.

caulfield12
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree but there has been talk (I think from Phil) that members of the organization think he can finish the season in AA. :o:

I swear the whole thing seems like that April Fool's joke SI pulled back in the day. It's fascinating because next to nothing is known. Kind of like the monster under the bed of prospects.

Well, we all know how well Michael Jordan, probably the greatest pure athlete in history, did in AA.

Obviously, a different situation with Gomes....just one of those ¨let´s roll the dice players that you sign enough of them and just a couple of them become blue chips (like an Ordonez or Carlos Lee), you´re happy you took the chance.

The Wall
02-09-2006, 05:32 PM
I want to know what you guys think of Curtis Grandeson (sp?) with the Tigers. What is his ceiling? What would you consider his role in the majors to be? He was an awesome hitter at UIC and they actually re-did the field after he left to make it smaller so others could improve their offensive numbers.

KRS1
02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I want to know what you guys think of Curtis Grandeson (sp?) with the Tigers. What is his ceiling? What would you consider his role in the majors to be? He was an awesome hitter at UIC and they actually re-did the field after he left to make it smaller so others could improve their offensive numbers.
How in any way does this tie into this discussion? He's no longer considered a prospect, he is only mentioned in the article in the link b/c another guy that actually made the list might push him to another field. If you want to talk about a major league player on another team just post your question in Talking Baseball, especially one who has no ties whatsoever to a minor observations thread. Also, why would you care to talk about him anyway?

Gee
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Whew!
That came out of left field or maybe left-center!:gulp:

The Wall
03-02-2006, 05:15 PM
How in any way does this tie into this discussion? He's no longer considered a prospect, he is only mentioned in the article in the link b/c another guy that actually made the list might push him to another field. If you want to talk about a major league player on another team just post your question in Talking Baseball, especially one who has no ties whatsoever to a minor observations thread. Also, why would you care to talk about him anyway?
Well, I forgot track of this thread so sorry for bringing to life a somewhat deadhorse.

Well, Granderson has just enough games to say hez been in the majors just as Jenks has. He came in and played at big league level last year only because one of their outfielders were hurt if I'm not mistaken.

His career stats: http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=434158

I probably should have posted in the Talking baseball forum but there was no need to flame like that....I thought since you guys post here more often (and might have seen him a few times), I would throw in my query in the relevant thread.

ondafarm
03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Granderson may be returning to the minors if he doesn't beat Nook Logan out for the CF spot. Personally, I think Jim Leyland is just showing how dumb he is by insisting that center and the lead-off spot be one man's and not shared between the two. Both are high-concentration duties and platooning would give two quality lead-off hitters, which even the Sox could have benefitted from last year.

White Sox Randy
03-03-2006, 09:54 AM
I am also interested in Granderson since he is a southside Chicago kid.

His mother is the chairperson of the science dept. at Curie HS and she is a real nice lady.

I've been following his career and he looks real good. I would expect him to be an above average starting outfielder for many years - I don't know that I would predict All-Star.