PDA

View Full Version : Contributors lost, but more coming..

ManagerMark
02-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Speaking of Blum's contribution in the World Series and the loss of his and others services in 2006...We caught lightning in a bottle when Blum hit the homer to break up the 14 inning marothon. What's especially gratifying about kw is how he doesn't sit back and keep every guy who ever contributed as if they are going to do it again and again. It is much more likely that we will repeat with the new squad than with the old one because of factors such as better talent and the upside so many of the young players that are on the team have. We didn't win the thing last year with 6 or 7 guys having career years, (position players), but the potential for many to have greater years is scary. Crede, Uribe, Iguchi, Anderson(in place or Rowand), and even Dye who started slow and Pods with his health for a full season, AJ had a sub-par year average-wise... I think we are in for one hell of a ride in 06 as long as the pitching holds up. All round the team should be better for the reasons stated above. See my post.. "Batting order in 2006 "for a related topic.

kittle42
02-06-2006, 12:14 PM
What's a marothon? :smile:

ManagerMark
02-06-2006, 12:15 PM
And thank you for being so cordial. Nice to know we can all get along!

UofCSoxFan
02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Word of advice Far South......don't use that tag liberally when you've been here for 18 posts.......especially when in response to a guy's honest thought out opinion. Yes it may not be great insight but he has a right to post it without you bashing him on the second post of the thread.

That being said, in reference to JD he starts off slow nearly every year and would expect the same this year. Anderson scares me a bit since his swing is quite long (not quite like Borchard but hopefully he'll shorten up a bit). I think Crede could have a year similar if not better than last year....Uribe should produce similar numbers. We should get more production from the DH spot. Pods should be healthy and produce even more (hernia slowed him down in 2nd half). AJ can hit or not for all I care the way he handles the staff. Iguchi could have a monster year in the 6th or 7th spot IMO.

The 2005 Sox team would have problems beating the 2006 Sox team. I think most people here believe that, loss of Geoff Blum notwithstanding.