PDA

View Full Version : AJ's average

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-05-2006, 10:19 PM
It seems like no one ever talks about it, but all amazing AJ moments aside, does anyone care that he had his worst year average wise? Yeah, he hit the most HR's in his career (I don't think anyone of us will forget the walk off bomb vs. the Dodgers), but he has to start hitting for average again. That's the ONLY thing that upset me about AJ last year. He's a great catcher for our pitchers and a bad motha when he's stepping on people's backs rounding third. Just a very short rant.

Chisox003
02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
It seems like no one ever talks about it, but all amazing AJ moments aside, does anyone care that he had his worst year average wise? Yeah, he hit the most HR's in his career (I don't think anyone of us will forget the walk off bomb vs. the Dodgers), but he has to start hitting for average again. That's the ONLY thing that upset me about AJ last year. He's a great catcher for our pitchers and a bad motha when he's stepping on people's backs rounding third. Just a very short rant.
Picky, picky, picky......

:tsk:

likeawarlord
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
i feel like we our offense can be productive without him really hitting for average (we did all right this year), but that it really would be a huge lift to have a catcher contribute offensively for us the way ajp did for the twins in '03 (.825 ops).

Baby Fisk
02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
There's a chart projecting Pierzynski's declining batting average in the years to come somewhere on this site. Worth a look, and definitely worth panicking about...

DaleJRFan
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I could care less if AJ bats .000 with 200 Ks so long as he handles the pitching staff the exact way he did in 2005. His power bat in the 7-slot is nothing more than a bonus.

beckett21
02-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Someone was already WAY ahead of you on this one...

AJ's projected average thru 2010--*!WARNING!*--SCARY!! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=975980&postcount=88)

So, if the projections are to be believed, he will be a .170 hitter by the year 2010. :rolleyes:

To answer your question seriously, I'm not worried.

beckett21
02-05-2006, 10:35 PM
There's a chart projecting Pierzynski's declining batting average in the years to come somewhere on this site. Worth a look, and definitely worth panicking about...

I posted a link to it, I wasn't savvy enough to be able to cut and paste the actual graph into my post. :D:

FarWestChicago
02-05-2006, 10:39 PM
I would like to thank the thread starter for putting this winner in a craphole to begin with. :thumbsup:

likeawarlord
02-06-2006, 01:57 AM
I could care less if AJ bats .000 with 200 Ks so long as he handles the pitching staff the exact way he did in 2005. His power bat in the 7-slot is nothing more than a bonus.

jeeze, let's not go nuts. and give some credit for '05 to coop and the pitchers themselves.

itsnotrequired
02-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I posted a link to it, I wasn't savvy enough to be able to cut and paste the actual graph into my post. :D:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/winfieldscott/AJ.jpg

I still crack up every time I see that. HomeFish being HomeFish...

:redneck

Ol' No. 2
02-06-2006, 09:19 AM

:redneckThere should be a WSI Hall of Fame for posts like this. :roflmao:

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
WOW. I was just stating the obvious and people get mad for no reason. Yes, I am just being picky about AJ. I think he's a really good player, but having a #6 or #7 hitter in our line up next year hitting .300 would just put him over the top. Yeah, I'll take his production of last year because he brings something to this team that's great. I was just stating the obvious and people took it WAY too far.

RallyBowl
02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes, I am just being picky

And you wonder why you're getting the responses you are?

Yes, I'm being an ass. Blah blah blah. Why are you guys treating me like an ass?

TDog
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey, wait a minute. I keep hearing that everyone on the Sox in 2006 had career years.

TaylorStSox
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I think the addition of Thome's going to change AJ's approach. He won't have to be relied upon for LH power this year. I'd like to see his average go up. I'm predicting big years from Uribe and Crede, so it's important to have AJ on base.

FarSouthSoxFan
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM

Nice! That one kills me! :D:

:pudge
PUDGE SEZ: "AJ is a valuable catcher. Know why? He doesn't make me want to rip his throat out too often. He plays hard, calls a good game, hits for the same average as every catcher, and has a bit of power. Plus, he stepped on that bit#$ Aaron Boone's back. The only thing I'll complain about is his arm. He throws out about as many people as I did in my forties. He wins the Carlton Fisk-hard-nosed-a-hole-to-the-other-team-that-you-love-dearly award' for 2005."

likeawarlord
02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
And you wonder why you're getting the responses you are?

Yes, I'm being an ass. Blah blah blah. Why are you guys treating me like an ass?

god forbid the dude wants get the best out of the players.

jdm2662
02-06-2006, 03:19 PM

:redneck

I hate graphs!

ChiSoxNationPres
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I have always told people that aj and everyone else on the offense didnt have break out years so they couldnt be considered flukes and they all underachieved in my opinion.

ChiSoxNationPres
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
hes a career .300 hitter before he came to the sox.

DSpivack
02-06-2006, 09:38 PM
He had a below-average year as his career has gone last year. That means it'll probably go up in 2006!

SkeetSkeetAmit
02-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I have always told people that aj and everyone else on the offense didnt have break out years so they couldnt be considered flukes and they all underachieved in my opinion.

Oh no... You agreed with me that AJ was under his usual average... Watch out people might call you an ass too for thinking that!