PDA

View Full Version : Why the Sox cant offer more ST plans with playoff tickets.

ewokpelts
02-05-2006, 02:53 PM
This article's about the Angels, but there's a blurb about how many World Series Tickets MLB gobbles from teams.

http://www.dailynews.com/angels/ci_3474259

The Angels have essentially capped out their season-ticket base at just more than 30,000 in the 45,000-seat ballpark, the highest it has ever been.That number was reached to ensure every season-ticket holder would get a chance for Angels postseason and World Series seats. Major League Baseball would need an estimated 15,000 seats for each World Series game for, among others, advertisers, VIPs and other teams.

So, essentially, with a capapcity of just over 40k, the Sox would run out of playoff options at roughly 25k. Seeing as the "full season equivilent" is already over 20k, and they'd like to actually offer SOME tickets to non st holder(via ticketmaster), so whoever got ticket plans this of season better like spending more and more $ each year.
Gene

Ol' No. 2
02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
This article's about the Angels, but there's a blurb about how many World Series Tickets MLB gobbles from teams.

http://www.dailynews.com/angels/ci_3474259

So, essentially, with a capapcity of just over 40k, the Sox would run out of playoff options at roughly 25k. Seeing as the "full season equivilent" is already over 20k, and they'd like to actually offer SOME tickets to non st holder(via ticketmaster), so whoever got ticket plans this of season better like spending more and more $ each year.
GeneAccording to Brooks at SoxFest, as it stands now there will be NO tickets for sale to the general public.

chisox2005
02-05-2006, 03:03 PM
Seeing as the "full season equivilent" is already over 20k, and they'd like to actually offer SOME tickets to non st holder(via ticketmaster), so whoever got ticket plans this of season better like spending more and more $ each year.
Gene

Interesting problem to have, pretty sure that the Sox haven't sold 20k FULL Season tickets. From my understanding that includes partial-season tickets to get that number.

OzzieBall2004
02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Interesting problem to have, pretty sure that the Sox haven't sold 20k FULL Season tickets. From my understanding that includes partial-season tickets to get that number.

Not completely. They work on Full Season Equivalents, and 3 27 game plans equals 1 FSE. They're over 20,000 FSE's.

Steelrod
02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Partial season plans eat up more playoff tickets than full season do in proportion to seats sold, as there is potential for 2-3-3, with no guarantee that any or all of them are played.

rdwj
02-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I don't understand why we don't do any SRO sections for the playoffs. It seems to me that they could add a considerable number of tickets with post season options if they wanted to.

champagne030
02-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Not completely. They work on Full Season Equivalents, and 3 27 game plans equals 1 FSE. They're over 20,000 FSE's.

linky????

Scottiehaswheels
02-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't understand why we don't do any SRO sections for the playoffs. It seems to me that they could add a considerable number of tickets with post season options if they wanted to.

I thought it was a standing order from MLB that no standing room only tix were to be issued for the playoffs but when I was down in Houston I was able to pick them up pretty cheaply... Course I got standing room for the 14 inning game and was on my feet for about 12 hours which sucked..

rdwj
02-06-2006, 11:51 AM
I thought it was a standing order from MLB that no standing room only tix were to be issued for the playoffs but when I was down in Houston I was able to pick them up pretty cheaply... Course I got standing room for the 14 inning game and was on my feet for about 12 hours which sucked..

They were available for the Cards playoff games too. We have plenty or room in the outfield and they could use the fan deck too.

I'm sure there is a good reason for not doing it, I just don't know what it is.

salty99
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
The Fan deck is usually bought for a group party or reserved for MLB for some reason. I think the White Sox said no standing room only to allow people to move freely through the concourses.

Doobie148
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
I've got a question along these lines. My husband and I, along with a friend, bought 4 seats for the weekend package. We were talking last night about what happens if the Sox make it to the World Series again. Would we get our seats for the game, or would we be moved somewhere else?

Thanks!

rdwj
02-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I've got a question along these lines. My husband and I, along with a friend, bought 4 seats for the weekend package. We were talking last night about what happens if the Sox make it to the World Series again. Would we get our seats for the game, or would we be moved somewhere else?

Thanks!

Somewhere else

MUsoxfan
02-06-2006, 02:05 PM
According to Brooks at SoxFest, as it stands now there will be NO tickets for sale to the general public.

Not only that, but he said if the playoffs started today there would be 2,000 people sitting on the roof.

Doobie148
02-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Somewhere else

That's what I thought. The guys wouldn't believe me.

Save McCuddy's
02-06-2006, 02:27 PM

One reason I can think of is restroom availability. It was brutal in the LL during the playoffs. I didn'teven drink at game 1 of the Angels series due to missed innings from the Boston games.

rdwj
02-06-2006, 02:28 PM
That's what I thought. The guys wouldn't believe me.

That's not only World Series, but all playoff games. You may very well end up in the upper deck.

Personally, I'll be happy happy just being in the building.

chisoxfanatic
02-06-2006, 08:38 PM
The Fan deck is usually bought for a group party or reserved for MLB for some reason. I think the White Sox said no standing room only to allow people to move freely through the concourses.

If they can't use the Fan Deck, they have the option of using the Fundamentals Deck! That's an excellent spot for watching the game, from what I've heard.

kjkobs
02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
If they can't use the Fan Deck, they have the option of using the Fundamentals Deck! That's an excellent spot for watching the game, from what I've heard.

ESPN did their broadcast coverage from the Fundamentals area last year

chisoxfanatic
02-06-2006, 08:42 PM

Screw the Eastern Seaboard Programming Network!

FielderJones
02-06-2006, 11:31 PM
One reason I can think of is restroom availability. It was brutal in the LL during the playoffs. I didn't even drink at game 1 of the Angels series due to missed innings from the Boston games.

Where were you on the LL? In the outfield (sec 158) I got up and back from the restroom without missing a pitch.

By the way, :welcome:

Not many people on this board from our little town.

chisoxfanatic
02-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Not only that, but he said if the playoffs started today there would be 2,000 people sitting on the roof.

So, who are they gonna give the "ax" to in regards to disallowing postseason tickets to???

IlliniSox4Life
02-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Is it possible the Sox didnt sell SRO because they didnt want 40k extra people showing up trying to get SRO tickets? I always thought that was the reason - I know they sent out a press release during the Sox Cubs series that they had absolutely no tickets left and not to come to the park to try and get some SRO.

schmitty9800
02-07-2006, 12:30 AM
SRO in the park in general isn't a good idea IMO. The concourse is usually packed on any weekend game, with 1K or so SRO people milling around there won't be any room at all.

Save McCuddy's
02-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Where were you on the LL? In the outfield (sec 158) I got up and back from the restroom without missing a pitch.

By the way, :welcome:

Not many people on this board from our little town.

I was in the outfield -- right center section 103. I had no luck at all the first two games. MLB shutting down the Bull Pen Bar definitely had something to do with the problem.

No kidding -- our town is tiny. Don't hesitate to stay in touch. There may be times when I'll have tickets to give to a good Sox fan in the neighborhood.

soxfanreggie
02-08-2006, 12:16 AM
We could just add a 3rd deck to the Cell or borrow Soldier Field

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-08-2006, 06:46 AM

Little did they know it was baseball fundamentals the area covered, not broadcasting fundamentals....were that the case, they'd all be swing managers at Arby's with the experience they all have.