PDA

View Full Version : Shammy says Cubs will the Series!!

CerberusWG
01-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Didn't he say this last year, too?

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/articles/20020103/372107.html

FarWestChicago
01-06-2002, 06:30 PM
:shammy

I'm looking for a new job in the offseason. I want to drive a bus!

:partybus

RKMeibalane
01-06-2002, 09:36 PM
Sosa's an idiot. Every year, he says that the Cubs are going to win the series, and every year, they fail miserably. What's really sad about that team is that even when they have a good year, they still can't make the playoffs. A while ago, a Cubs fan made fun of Frank Thomas because he was 0-9 against the Mariners in the 2000 playoffs. Now, I think most of us would agree that going 0-9 in a playoff series is inexcusable.

However, the thing that made me mad was this. The Cubs fan pointed out that Sosa wouldn't go 0-whatever in a series like that. What he failed to realize is that in order to go 0-9 in a playoff series, one has to actually be a on a team good enough to get there, and we all know the Cubs aren't that good.

RedPinStripes
01-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Sosa's an idiot. Every year, he says that the Cubs are going to win the series, and every year, they fail miserably. What's really sad about that team is that even when they have a good year, they still can't make the playoffs. A while ago, a Cubs fan made fun of Frank Thomas because he was 0-9 against the Mariners in the 2000 playoffs. Now, I think most of us would agree that going 0-9 in a playoff series is inexcusable.

However, the thing that made me mad was this. The Cubs fan pointed out that Sosa wouldn't go 0-whatever in a series like that. What he failed to realize is that in order to go 0-9 in a playoff series, one has to actually be a on a team good enough to get there, and we all know the Cubs aren't that good.

The Scrub fan will never admit that Thomas is a better hitter then SamMe either.

SamMe is just a bull*****ter like the rest of the cub fans. According to them, they are going to the series every year before spring training starts.

bc2k
01-06-2002, 11:20 PM
When did Sosa make that quote? And what media was he quoted in?

Daver
01-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
When did Sosa make that quote? And what media was he quoted in?

Did you try clicking the link in the first post in this thread?

DVG
01-07-2002, 02:06 PM
About the idiot obnoxious yuppie Cubbie fan who taunted you
about Frank's collar in the playoffs. Remind him that Sammy WAS
in a three game series against Atlanta in 1998 and binged out
two harmless singles in 11 at-bats. No homers to go with the
66 he jacked that season. That sure isn't a sparkling MVP-like
performance in my book. Pehaps if Frank had two more AB's ne'd
have equalled Sammy's output. Not that it makes a difference
to an idiot like that fan.

Kilroy
01-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by DVG
About the idiot obnoxious yuppie Cubbie fan who taunted you
about Frank's collar in the playoffs. Remind him that Sammy WAS
in a three game series against Atlanta in 1998 and binged out
two harmless singles in 11 at-bats. No homers to go with the
66 he jacked that season. That sure isn't a sparkling MVP-like
performance in my book. Pehaps if Frank had two more AB's ne'd
have equalled Sammy's output. Not that it makes a difference
to an idiot like that fan.

Also remind that moron that prior to the 2000 ALDS when he went 0-9, Thomas was hitting .353 in postseason with a homer and 3 rbi. Factor in the 0-9 and guess what? Thomas's .231 avg is still better than Sosa's .182 w/ 2 hits (one of which was a double btw) and nothing more. Tell that Cub-fan sack-licker to get his facts straight before running off at the mouth...

irish rover
01-07-2002, 04:46 PM
I see mister wonderful(chicagos biggest sports kiss ass) is not coming to the Cub Convention, Nice loyalty

Frank, on the other hand is scheduled to come

RedPinStripes
01-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
I see mister wonderful(chicagos biggest sports kiss ass) is not coming to the Cub Convention, Nice loyalty

Frank, on the other hand is scheduled to come

Shammy is too busy earning the title of the king in the dominican republic while he just takes maney from the USA. It makes me sick. these rich bastards should live in the US if they are going to take US money.

irish rover
01-07-2002, 05:52 PM
I'm going to have to change my user name, Irish rover is the name on Sammy "I love myself so much" sosa's yacht. I'm Irish and extremely offended by that, now I'm really mad it's go time

CubKilla
01-08-2002, 01:25 AM
Someone should tell Shammy Sosux that "The Goat" doesn't take kindly to pablum puke nonsense. Also, to that idiot Cub fan talking smack about Frank, ask him the last time the Cubs won a DIVISION with Shammy. Seems squeaking into the wildcard is all that Shammy's leadership is capable of.