PDA

View Full Version : Help- I can't stop watching the World Series

ja1022
02-04-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know how many times I've played the DVD, but now its in heavy rotation on the IN HDTV channel. When I run across it channel surfing--I'm done. I can't turn it off. I doesn't matter where they're at in the program, five minutes in, or an hour, I have to watch the whole damn thing again. Seriously, I don't know how many times I've seen it now. My wife is getting concerned. Is this normal? Help, please.

God I hope they don't start showing the Sox Pride thing too.

(I hope I have this problem again next year.)

MarySwiss
02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't know how many times I've played the DVD, but now its in heavy rotation on the IN HDTV channel. When I run across it channel surfing--I'm done. I can't turn it off. I doesn't matter where they're at in the program, five minutes in, or an hour, I have to watch the whole damn thing again. Seriously, I don't know how many times I've seen it now. My wife is getting concerned. Is this normal? Help, please.

Perfectly normal behavior. I know, because I do it too. :tongue:

In fact, I was just doing something in the kitchen with the TV on in the family room, and I heard Michael Clarke Duncan's voice. I immediately snapped my head around, expecting to see the WS film and it was only some damn commercial. I was seriously pissed!

And I too own both DVDs. As for your wife, maybe if you tell her that my husband thinks such behavior is only to be expected, maybe she'll relax a bit.

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I tried putting on the Sox Pride DVD for a first date movie last night.

ssirish317
02-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I pop in a Sox game almost every night when I'm ready to fall asleep. I'll usually use one of the reguar season games I've got or the WS games with Rooney-Farmer doing calls because I cant stand Berman/Buck/McCarver on the playoff games. They usually get on my nerves and end up keeping me awake.

MarySwiss
02-04-2006, 04:45 PM

Well, c'mon! Don't keep us in suspense! Will you be seeing her again? :cool:

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Well, c'mon! Don't keep us in suspense! Will you be seeing her again? :cool:

LOL.. she didn't want to watch it, she's a Pirates fan. But she will soon be converted. We watched The Princess Bride, my favorite movie ever instead. Her pick. So, yes, I will see her again.

WCCMIKE
02-04-2006, 05:31 PM
LOL.. she didn't want to watch it, she's a Pirates fan. But she will soon be converted. We watched The Princess Bride, my favorite movie ever instead. Her pick. So, yes, I will see her again.You gotta be a loyal fan to root for the Pirates:D:

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
You gotta be a loyal fan to root for the Pirates:D:

Dem 'Burgh girls are feisty. :tongue:

MarySwiss
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
LOL.. she didn't want to watch it, she's a Pirates fan. But she will soon be converted. We watched The Princess Bride, my favorite movie ever instead. Her pick. So, yes, I will see her again.

Omigod! At risk of getting slapped around for being sexist, I don't think I've EVER heard a guy say his "favorite movie ever" was The Princess Bride!

OF COURSE she'll go out with you again! You obviously have a soul. (semi-teal)
Good thing for her I'm not 30 years younger and single. And in Pittsburgh. :wink:

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Omigod! At risk of getting slapped around for being sexist, I don't think I've EVER heard a guy say his "favorite movie ever" was The Princess Bride!

OF COURSE she'll go out with you again! You obviously have a soul. (semi-teal)
Good thing for her I'm not 30 years younger and single. And in Pittsburgh. :wink:

Next to Lebowski, it may be the most quotable movie of all time due to hilarity. Plus its beautiful.

BNLSox
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I am quite grateful for this post. Today I took my jersey to get outfitted with my world champions and ws05 patches and the errand inspired my millionth or so viewing of the WS2005 DVD.

I must say, I am really sad that Frank didn't retire after this. It was amazing to see how he felt he was a part of the team and that it was worth sticking it out in Chicago... but now so sad that he's going to be in another uni.

Anyway, is it April yet? I'm starting to feel a little pitiful crying everytime I watch this beautiful DVD :)

TheDarkGundam
02-04-2006, 07:28 PM

Get over it!
:tongue:

chisoxfanatic
02-04-2006, 07:42 PM

Have you devised a conversional "plan of attack" yet? If so, what does it include? Inquiring minds must know!

Oh, and to the original poster here. Don't worry about it. I find myself watching Sox stuff lots here too. Last night, I found myself watching Game 3 of the ALDS and STILL getting goosebumps after seeing Konerko's 2-run jack, which won us the series, as well as El Duque's magic in the bottom of the 6th.

We really took it to Boston, Anaheim, and Houston!!!

SOXintheBURGH
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Have you devised a conversional "plan of attack" yet? If so, what does it include? Inquiring minds must know!

I figure the more pictures and videos of Pods she sees the more she'll want to watch him play.

ja1022
02-04-2006, 10:51 PM
What to watch...what to watch. Lots of Super Bowl stuff...Black Hawks highlights.. uh...no. College basketball...nuh uh. I can't wait for the seven DVD set due next month. Maybe a twelve step program would help. Oh well, here we go again. I can't wait for spring training.

zmz723
02-05-2006, 12:03 AM
perfectly normal. I pop in Illinois vs arizona a couple times a week myself. :)

unless im going crazy too!

1951Campbell
02-05-2006, 12:39 AM

I'd imagine that the only thing you grabbed after such an evening was bench.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm so glad this thread was started. Nut-jobs like company. I usually hit my treadmill in the basement 2 or 3 times a week for an hour. Just about everytime since I got them I either watch the World Series DVD or the Comcast DVD (I've finally decided I like the WS DVD better, Duncan's voice is the topper). It's a joke for my wife to come down just to say "not again" everytime she hears the treadmill fire up. She knows I'm watching one of them. I've lost track of how many times I've seen them, almost as many times as votes I gave Podzilla for the All-Star game I think.

SOXintheBURGH
02-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I'd imagine that the only thing you grabbed after such an evening was bench.

I'm a gentleman, I don't kiss and tell.

Good idea, Fake Chet Lemon.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-05-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm a gentleman, I don't kiss and tell.

But I could fully describe her ...........if you wanted. :redface:

You might want to edit that while you have the chance. Seems a tad inappropriate. But yet, it is good to know I have to admit.

RadioheadRocks
02-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I've played my 2005 World Series and Sox Pride DVDs countless times and lemme tell ya I'll NEVER get tired of it!!! :D:

Bobbo35
02-05-2006, 11:46 AM
What to watch...what to watch. Lots of Super Bowl stuff...Black Hawks highlights.. uh...no. College basketball...nuh uh. I can't wait for the seven DVD set due next month. Maybe a twelve step program would help. Oh well, here we go again. I can't wait for spring training.

That is how I am too. There is absolutely nothing on TV...My wife says I am crazy, but I am not watching reality television. She lives and dies by it. Sox pride works well for me.

MarySwiss
02-05-2006, 12:28 PM
I figure the more pictures and videos of Pods she sees the more she'll want to watch him play.

Wait a minute! You're using footage of another guy to get a girl? That sounds a tad underhanded, Burgh. :o:

Even if it is Scott Podsednik. :wink:

SOXintheBURGH
02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Wait a minute! You're using footage of another guy to get a girl? That sounds a tad underhanded, Burgh. :o:

Even if it is Scott Podsednik. :wink:

My brother's wife was a Cubs fan from Peoria. After half a season of seeing Pods, she cut all ties to the Cubdumb. :wink:

slavko
02-05-2006, 01:11 PM
AND THE AWARD FOR MAKE-OUT MOVIE OF THE YEAR............WS GAME 2!

soxinem1
02-05-2006, 04:42 PM
That is how I am too. There is absolutely nothing on TV...My wife says I am crazy, but I am not watching reality television. She lives and dies by it. Sox pride works well for me.

Tell me about it. My son and I watched Game 1 of the ALDS last night. The White Sox clobbered the BoSox 14-2! Mercy! :smile:

nebraskasox
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Tell me about it. My son and I watched Game 1 of the ALDS last night. The White Sox clobbered the BoSox 14-2! Mercy! :smile:

I find myself "in the mood" for different games at different times. I loved the 14-2 rout but sometimes I'm in the mood for Tadahito's 3 run blast off Wells, El Duque's hocus pocus, AJ's heads-up run to first , Crede's double off the wall, Konerko banging hangers in Anaheim, Jose completing the pitching dominance, Bad Bobby pumping his fist after a 100 mph fastball, Paulie's slam, Pod's improbable walkoff, Blum's frozen rope screamer, Freddy's lights out in the clincher, Juan's UN-BELIEVABLE catch in the stands. The list goes on and on.

Let's see ... what will it be today?

Is it April yet?

ja1022
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Let's see ... what will it be today?

Is it April yet?

Today? The Squeeze, game three of the ALDS. It's cool to watch these moments as the actually unfolded, unedited.

geraldfritz
02-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I have watched that damn dvd every night before i go to bed since i got it.