PDA

View Full Version : *Official* White Sox Season Ticket Holder Pre Sale Notice

SouthSide_HitMen
02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Exclusive Season Ticket Holder Presale Information!

Dear Jason,

On February 14, all 81 and 27 game Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to purchase individual game tickets for all 81 home game dates prior to the February 17 public on-sale date. The offer will be online only between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. CST. Due to increased season and group ticket sales, the amount of tickets available for all games will be extremely limited, and the offer is subject to availability.

Please consult the following guidelines in advance of the presale offer:

Make sure we have the best e-mail address on file for you to receive the offer. You can update your e-mail address online with "My White Sox Account" by clicking here (http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=43-c2g5IBJ2L11fleL9ZvXnXAqdJBRoiCRR) or by contacting the White Sox Sales Department at 312-674-1000.
This offer with your specific password information will be sent to the e-mail address you currently have on file on the morning of the 14th. Your specific password must be used to purchase additional tickets.

The presale will take place between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. CST. During this time, you can use your password to log in to your account and purchase tickets.

A very limited number of tickets will be available for Opening Day, April 2 and Sox vs. Cubs, May 19-21. Therefore, there will be a two (2) ticket per account limit for those games. All other dates will have a 19 ticket limit. Remember, this is an exclusive opportunity to purchase prior to the general public. Tickets to see the defending World Champs are going fast, so we want to ensure that you, our best fans, get the first chance to buy.

Season Ticket Mailing Information

Both Split and Full Season ticket packages will be mailed in early March. Please make sure you have your current address on file.

Sox Charge Forms

Remember to complete a Sox Charge authorization form for the 2006 season so you can purchase additional tickets to most games throughout the season by calling our Ticket Office directly through the Sox Charge Line. The form will be mailed to your address on file next week. The Sox Charge line will be available beginning Monday, February 20.

dakuda
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Was this an email?

I wonder why I pretty much have never received any email from my rep that others seem to talk about here. :mad:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Was this an email?

I wonder why I pretty much have never received any email from my rep that others seem to talk about here. :mad:

It was an automated mail from feedlistsmlb. I don't know if it was a result of my getting general White Sox email (when signing up for MLB.TV / Radio - I also get Mets emails) or when I registered for my season ticket account / ticketmaster account online.

After they switched my account rep from Greg Hodges, I have not received any emails from my account rep (except for a reply to an email I sent). I don't know of others are getting email's sent to them or not from their reps.

I figured I post this here. WSI is my #1 source for White Sox email communications - items I may not get are posted here usually immediately.

I posted this email in the community spirit of WSI.

itsnotrequired
02-03-2006, 06:08 PM
I thought full-season holders got to purchase a few days before split-season holders. Has this changed now?

Palehose13
02-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I thought full-season holders got to purchase a few days before split-season holders. Has this changed now?

Looks that way.

spiffie
02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Is this going to be like a TM sale where we pay immediately, or will this be charged to our season ticket accounts?

Scottiehaswheels
02-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Looks that way.

I wonder how many actual season ticket holders there are? 8,000? figure lots of people buy 4 or more seats, people like me only buy 1 or 2... 20,000+ season tix sold so far.... ??? 10AM in the morning= half those people are probably busy with work... basically competing with roughly 4000 people to get opening day tix? sound about right? wonder how they're gonna do it? that VWR thing that quite a few other teams have had?

Scotty_T
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Sounds like good odds to me!!

:bandance:

itsnotrequired
02-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Looks that way.

So what happens between 10 PM on Tuesday and 10 AM on Friday? Why is the sale only 12 hours long?

Scottiehaswheels
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
So what happens between 10 PM on Tuesday and 10 AM on Friday? Why is the sale only 12 hours long? Taking inventory on what they have left? Honestly no idea... maybe hoping to get a late rush of people buying season tix?

IggyD
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
This was posted before, but it seems by most of your questions you guys never saw this.....It'll answer most of ya.

The lowdown (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060117&content_id=1297232&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

NoNeckEra
02-03-2006, 10:08 PM
This pretty much guarantees that Opening night and the Cubs will be sellouts before the Feb 17 sale to general public, and that Cardinals, Astros, Red Sox and Yankee tickets will be down to the dreggs. Even the Ozzie plan is offering tickets to the "hot" games halfway up the upper deck way down the lines.

itsnotrequired
02-03-2006, 10:37 PM
This was posted before, but it seems by most of your questions you guys never saw this.....It'll answer most of ya.

The lowdown (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060117&c%20target=)
Amazing! Not one of my questions answered!

Still curious why they wouldn't just keep letting season ticket holders buy tickets until the 17th...

WCCMIKE
02-03-2006, 10:46 PM
You mean even Non season tickets will be for season ticket holders first grrrrrr.I guess this means i wont be going to opening day unless i shell out big bucks on ebay.:whiner:

IggyD
02-03-2006, 10:47 PM

Still curious why they wouldn't just keep letting season ticket holders buy tickets until the 17th...

I agree....a sale is a sale. No matter when it happens. They may think that season holders would buy out all the hot games to scalp to offset season ticket prices. Which will be easy to do this year for those that have the inclination.

NoNeckEra
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
The single day "window" for season ticket holders on the 14th is a "courtesy" they've extended in the past and they don't want to take away this perk. But they don't want to sell off too many more tickets and have the word get around that there are no good seats left and pour cold water on the opening day for general sale, which in the past has been a big day for them.

Steelrod
02-06-2006, 06:21 AM

It seems pretty clear to me. This gives them a chance to access inventory of tickets available for general sale. It also affords a smaller window of time for people currently not season ticket holders to pick up a partial or full plan if any are available.

Hangar18
02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Was this an email?

I dont receive emails either and its pissing me off also .............. :angry:

itsnotrequired
02-06-2006, 07:59 AM
It seems pretty clear to me. This gives them a chance to access inventory of tickets available for general sale.

Since it is all computerized, why would they have to take inventory? It isn't like past years where it was a mail-in form. I mean, I really don't care but it just seems odd to me.:dunno:

LauraJ14
02-06-2006, 08:42 AM

The email didn't come from my ticket rep, it came from mlb.com.

alohafri
02-06-2006, 09:04 AM
What irritates me is that it is only 2 extra tickets to the "hot" games this year. In years past, I could order up to twice the number of seats that I had regular seats for. I have four seats, so I could order up to eight seats to the "hot" games. Now it is only two? There goes my annual Sox/Cubs tailgate with our out of town friends that we have been doing for the past five years. The least they could have done is do something similar to what they did when the All-Star Game was here, which was basically one of those, "if you were a season ticket holder before X year, you can order..."

hanger
02-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Does anybody know if they are going to charge the Ticketmaster "convenience" fee? It looks like it won't be administered through the Sox Charge Line.

chisoxfanatic
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Do you have Chris Stavrios as your ticket rep too? If so, we should seriously consider starting a petition for his removal of his position, because he sucks big time!

OfficerKarkovice
02-06-2006, 09:37 PM

Maybe you should try talking to your rep and making sure your email...or correct email address on file instead of just complaining about it on here.

Do you have Chris Stavrios as your ticket rep too? If so, we should seriously consider starting a petition for his removal of his position, because he sucks big time!

And you should probably just take it a little slower and learn his name first...

That is all.