PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Mesa

Steelrod
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Was just in Mesa looking to buy Sox vs. Cubs at Hohokam. Game is the only sold out game the Cubs have so far. Is it them, or is it the WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX causing the demand?

Stoky44
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Was just in Mesa looking to buy Sox vs. Cubs at Hohokam. THIS is the only sold out game the Cubs have so far. Is it them, or is it the WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX causing the demand?

Hope my editing helps. :smile:

NonetheLoaiza
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Was just in Mesa looking to buy Sox vs. Cubs at Hohokam. Game is the only sold out game the Cubs have so far. Is it them, or is it the WORLD CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX causing the demand?

The Cubs Sox spring training games have always sold out, IIRC. Whether or not it was this far in advance, I don't know. But, there are alot of Midwesterners down there, so they go to see the Cubs and Sox.

MarySwiss
02-03-2006, 06:16 PM

If you're still in the Phoenix area, check some of the other venues. The Sox/Cubs one is always tough. Not sure why, since they don't care about us.

You may have some luck if you check out the Brewers (Maryvale) or Giants (Scottsdale) sites. MAYBE the Angels (Tempe).

Good luck!

TDog
02-04-2006, 12:17 AM
When I was living in Arizona, back when my team wasn't defending a World Series championship or anything, the weekend Cubs games in Tucson always sold out, but at gametime you could get a seat a couple of rows behind the Tucson Electric Park dugouts to see a game against the Brewers.

Viva Medias B's
02-04-2006, 10:22 AM
It's interesting that the Sox-Cubs game in Mesa is the only HoHoKam Park game sold out so far. In the past, all the Cubs' games in Mesa sold out right away. Meanwhile, it was said at SoxFest that White Sox tickets are outselling Diamondback tickets at Tucson Electric Park. I can remember when it used to be the other way around. Could the Cubs be losing their luster in the wake of our championship?