PDA

View Full Version : philly.com uses wsi as source for trade rumor

Sell Jerry Sell!
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Wasn't this part of the worst trade ever thread??

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/13780561.htm

crazyozzie02
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Whats The Score?

Uncle_Patrick
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I think that this was on MLBtraderumors.com who got that story from here. I've seen it on several boards, now.

FarSouthSoxFan
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Ah, a good ole full-circle rumor.

We all know it's not happening. Gillick can't possibly be stupid enough to give Abreu for Dye + a pitcher in his walk year.

KRS1
02-03-2006, 02:42 PM
This is just some delusional fans hope for any sign of pitching in their clubhouse. They must really be hopeless in P-town for them to be latching onto such a clearly dead and baseless rumor this long.

Stoky44
02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
I think that this was on MLBtraderumors.com who got that story from here.

Acording to them Since then, the Orioles traded for Kris Benson and the Cubs signed a much cheaper option in Wade Miller. The remaining four can be re-ranked as Angels, Cardinals, Mets, Astros. You can almost cross Houston off the list; there hasn't been talk of them pursuing Weaver as Jose Contreras remains high on their wish list.

WHAT!? Got to love this site. Everyone has a wish list, but not going after FA b/c of it is a stupid arguement. I would believe they didn't want Weaver b/c they hoped clemens would come back more.

Favorite quote of the day from them: Why try to identify the source? Too much work.