PDA

View Full Version : Brewers steal Bullpen Bar concept

Milw
02-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm looking forward to this, as a part-time Brewers fan. I just wish they would acknowledge where they got the idea ... :gulp:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/feb06/389538.asp

The ground-level area, which can accommodate as many as 75 fans, is located between the right-field foul pole and the power alley. The picnic area will include bar stools and tables behind the wall. A thin, chain-link 8-foot-high fence will separate fans from the rightfielder.

At one end, a large window will allow fans to watch pitchers and catchers in the visiting bullpen.

dickallen15
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Teams take ideas from other stadiums all the time. Take the club level at USCF. After it was renovated it is now almost an exact replica of the club level at Camden Yards.

MUsoxfan
02-03-2006, 04:39 PM
That explains why all the out of town scoreboards in RF were torn up when I went there for lunch a couple weeks ago. I'm glad they're doing it

dllrbll7
02-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I like how at one part of the article they say this may only contribute to one or two more homeruns a year, but then later they say that they expect alot of homeruns to be landing in the area to make use for the replica helmets they will give away.....

MUsoxfan
02-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I like how at one part of the article they say this may only contribute to one or two more homeruns a year, but then later they say that they expect alot of homeruns to be landing in the area to make use for the replica helmets they will give away.....

So long as it's raining Brewers HR's, then so be it

1951Campbell
02-03-2006, 11:30 PM
The whole parking lot becomes a huge bar starting about 3 hours before game time. :D:

skobabe8
02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I know it includes a buffet and 2 beers per person, but I think ours is a better deal. Guys like me who love to sit in the BPSB but don't necessarily want to eat there all the time (just drink) can do so for no admission charge. And if I do want to grub, theres good variety at reasonable prices.

Sidenote: Our BPSB needs to be updated/renovated.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
They aren't hiding the fact they are trying to copy some ideas from Cell. While scanning the AM dial I can across AM620 in Milwaukee about two weeks ago. They were talking about how cool the Cell looked on TV while watching the World Series. They were excited because the Brewers were looking into removing some scoreboards in Right Field in an attempt to copy the Cell out there with things like a walkway for people to mingle. I'm going to try and catch Rowand up there this year, I hope some of this is for this year.

FedEx227
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
The whole parking lot becomes a huge bar starting about 3 hours before game time. :D:

Yeah thats a sight to be seen. Getting to a Brewers game early is a magically celebration of grills and beer. You can smell the Brats down the highway.... damn I miss summer! :angry:

skottyj242
02-06-2006, 01:26 PM
I know it includes a buffet and 2 beers per person, but I think ours is a better deal. Guys like me who love to sit in the BPSB but don't necessarily want to eat there all the time (just drink) can do so for no admission charge. And if I do want to grub, theres good variety at reasonable prices.

Sidenote: Our BPSB needs to be updated/renovated.

It's going to SUCK not being able to smoke in there this season.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-09-2006, 01:07 PM
i am gonna like it. You will be able to be eye level with where the catcher is, so you can distract the visitor's relief pitcher warming up.:wink:

MUsoxfan
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
i am gonna like it. You will be able to be eye level with where the catcher is, so you can distract the visitor's relief pitcher warming up.:wink:

It's like that at the Cell as well. However, the pitchers don't really get all that distracted