PDA

View Full Version : Books

TheKittle
02-03-2006, 02:07 AM
OK what books about the 2005 World Championship Season are currently out on the bookshelfs right now?

Dedication Book by WSI

Believe It by some fishwrap

2005 World Series Champion by Sun Times.

The Pride of Chicago by The Sportings News.

Sorry but I didn't see a list on WSI.

SOXPHILE
02-03-2006, 10:18 AM
I actually have the Believe It ! one from the Trib, and I actually like it. Lots of good photos in there, and I love how at the end of the book, they go game by game with a little logo of whichever team the were playing, followed by a sentence or two summary of the game. ...must...get...more...stuff...must......get...mor e...Sox Championship books and paraphanalia.....

chisoxmike
02-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Uh, I do have to say, the Trib's believe it book is MUCH better than the Sun Times book.

soxfan43
02-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Don't forget about Phil Roger's book as well. Not a bad read.

TheKittle
02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't forget about Phil Roger's book as well. Not a bad read.

I thought Roger's book won't be out until March? I do realize there was a small "sneak preview" that came out right before the holidays.

soxfan43
02-03-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought Roger's book won't be out until March? I do realize there was a small "sneak preview" that came out right before the holidays.

Yup, I guess some where on sale over the holidays. Picked up a copy, not bad. A few typos and paragraphs or pages that don't finish but other than that I'm sure it's going to be the same as the one out in the spring.

TheKittle
02-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Of course I'm always waiting for another book about the White Sox written by an author with initials are DH.

Brian26
02-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Uh, I do have to say, the Trib's believe it book is MUCH better than the Sun Times book.

I thought the Sun-Times book was better. The Trib book was light on info but heavy on photos.

RadioheadRocks
02-03-2006, 09:35 PM
I have all of the already-issued books and "collector magazines" that were issued and I like all of them. Some concentrate more on text, others more on photos, but there's enough to make everyone happy.

Fake Chet Lemon
02-05-2006, 01:42 AM
The SPORTING NEWS book is very, very good.

TomBradley72
03-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Picked up Phil Rogers' book at Borders yesterday....pretty good...no major new insights or anything like that...he does do a good job of connecting some key moments/plays with decisions made in the past (ie. Iguchi HR against Boston...and how he had tried out for the Red Sox, etc.).

Also picked up a small book called "The Wit and Wisdom of Ozzie Guillen"...not a ton of new stuff....but the author does include quotes from the Venezualan press....so some new stuff.

Dan H
03-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Of course I'm always waiting for another book about the White Sox written by an author with initials are DH.

I appreciate the support. My book about the South Side Hitmen is now available on Amazon and should be in bookstores the week beginning March 12.