PDA

View Full Version : 1906 Alternate Jersey

IlliniSox4Life
02-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey, I don't recall seeing this jersey before, so I think it's new. If I'm wrong, just delete this, but IIRC, I think I remember some people mentioning they'd want one:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2184299&clickid=body_featitems_txt

chisoxmike
02-02-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey, I don't recall seeing this jersey before, so I think it's new. If I'm wrong, just delete this, but IIRC, I think I remember some people mentioning they'd want one:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2184299&clickid=body_featitems_txt

I believe this is what the Sox will be wearing for one of the Cubs/Sox games at the cell AND every few Sunday afternoon games.

IlliniSox4Life
02-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I believe this is what the Sox will be wearing for one of the Cubs/Sox games at the cell AND every few Sunday afternoon games.

Yeah, it is, I just didn't know if it was for sale to the public until now.

South Side Irish
02-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Maybe this is what Ozzie had in mind when he told Paulie to wear a "C" on his chest.

:D:

TheOldRoman
02-02-2006, 11:13 PM
I knew what we were getting when they said they were using a 1906 throwback, but I really dont like them. They are way too bland. It is a shame they didn't reproduce the road jersey (solid navy, Chicago across the chest in the hitmen style, white belt and white piping on the pants). I think those jerseys are classic.

I wouldn't be surpised if the Sox end up only wearing these a handful of times, and not every Sunday home game. the 2001 1917 throwbacks were beautiful jerseys. The players and the fans loved them. You see the jerseys and the hats at every game (I personally own both). I have seen several people in the dugout jacket also, and it was great. Im sure the players looked forward to wearing those throwbacks because they were so great. This year's throwbacks are not nearly as good, so they might not wear them as often.

Brian26
02-02-2006, 11:32 PM
I knew what we were getting when they said they were using a 1906 throwback, but I really dont like them.

They're awful. The 1917 jerseys in 2001 were cool, but these are just terrible.

South Side Irish
02-02-2006, 11:47 PM
I agree, Roman, the Road blues would have been better.

Also, I really dig the '42 uni's, too. I'd love to see them someday.

Brian26
02-02-2006, 11:51 PM
I agree, #2, the Road blues would have been better.

Also, I really dig the '42 uni's, too. I'd love to see them someday.

Boyer should be running these ideas past me first. :D:

So it's the 100th anniversary of the 1906 World Series win. Maybe we'll wear the unis once this season or maybe wear a patch on Sundays. I hope they don't plan on wearing those bland things every Sunday though.

TheOldRoman
02-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Boyer should be running these ideas past me first. :D:

So it's the 100th anniversary of the 1906 World Series win. Maybe we'll wear the unis once this season or maybe wear a patch on Sundays. I hope they don't plan on wearing those bland things every Sunday though. I hope so, too. I have the weekend 27 game plan.:D:

Also, if you look closely, you can see the outline of a number on the back. It looks like they will be using the same number font as they used during the hitmen-era pajamas.

ChiSoxLifer
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM

Would this be a tweak on the Cubs since it's the 100 year anniversary of the Chicago World series? If it is, it's brilliant!

ChiSoxRowand
02-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Don't like them. I was hoping they would only wear them for the Cubs series, that would make sense. I assume they are wearing the hats too.

GregoryEtc
02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
I agree with the sentiments on this thread... they're just OK. nothing special. We should be wearing the 2005 throwbacks in celebration of the 1 year anniversary of one of the greatest teams ever to step onto a ball field.

IlliniSox4Life
02-03-2006, 02:05 AM
I agree with the sentiments on this thread... they're just OK. nothing special. We should be wearing the 2005 throwbacks in celebration of the 1 year anniversary of one of the greatest teams ever to step onto a ball field.

I don't recall when they were planning on wearing the WS champions patch, but if theyre not, just announce "OH! SWEET THROWBACKS!" to everyone around. When people ask what you are talking about, point out the lack of patch, and say they are throwbacks to last year.

Milw
02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Would this be a tweak on the Cubs since it's the 100 year anniversary of the Chicago World series? If it is, it's brilliant!
:rolleyes:
It's not a tweak on the Cubs ... it's a celebration of the 100th anniversary of our first championship. That it happened to be against the Cubs is pure coincidence.

soxfanatlanta
02-03-2006, 09:04 AM
It's not a tweak on the Cubs ... it's a celebration of the 100th anniversary of our first championship. That it happened to be against the Cubs is pure coincidence.

A coincidence, yes. But I have to admit that it is a nice coincidence, since my sister has stopped taking about baseball with me ever since October of last year. Can't imagine why.:wink:

Madvora
02-03-2006, 09:27 AM
The problem is that this looks like it's a Cub jersey. Anyone who's not aware is going to think you're a Cub fan walking around with a throwback jersey.
I wouldn't like those people approaching me.

russ99
02-03-2006, 11:18 AM

That it came against the best Cubs team of all time is another bizarre coincidence. :tongue:

miker
02-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Sox "Throwback" Jersey Looks Suspiciously Like Cubs Jersey
Another futile and classless attempt to become like more popular Northsiders

Baby Fisk
02-03-2006, 02:17 PM
HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! :angry:

I thought they would go with the CLASSIC navy blue uniforms that say "CHICAGO". This is very disappointing. Thumbs down.

Max Power
02-03-2006, 02:55 PM
HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! :angry:

I thought they would go with the CLASSIC navy blue uniforms that say "CHICAGO". This is very disappointing. Thumbs down.

That's the ROAD uniform. I'm assuming we're only going to wear this one at home, so they went with the home uniform. I will agree that the road uniform is the nicer of the two.
However, I'm going to have to go against the crowd here and say that I like this uniform. It's a nice, classic look. I'm sure plenty of teams in 1906 had blander uniforms than this. Plus, I really like how that "C" looks (at least it's not an "e" like the late's 80's hat).
Anyway, I'm not going to buy one but I look forward to seeing it on the field.

Chip Z'nuff
02-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I kinda dig it.

Hangar18
02-03-2006, 03:46 PM
The problem is that this looks like it's a Cub jersey. Anyone who's not aware is going to think you're a Cub fan walking around with a throwback jersey.
I wouldn't like those people approaching me.

thats the first thing I thought also. So it seems the "popular" cubbies copied us and wore this uniform too. Anything that team WONT copy
from the SOX?

HITMEN OF 77
02-03-2006, 03:49 PM
They had a bumch of those jerseys for sale at Soxfest this year.

eriqjaffe
02-03-2006, 04:05 PM
thats the first thing I thought also. So it seems the "popular" cubbies copied us and wore this uniform too. Anything that team WONT copy
from the SOX?Winning a championship.

anewman35
02-03-2006, 04:07 PM
from the SOX?

Please tell me you're kidding. Please.

You do know what the original name of the Cubs was, right? If any team can be accused of copying...

Red Barchetta
02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
I spoke to Brooks about the Throwback jersey promotions after game 2 of the ALCS this year and he mentioned that they have to gain approval from MLB 2 or 3 seasons in advance. They obviously picked the 1906 jersey for 2006 and the 100th annivesary.

Personally, I think the jersey is sort of bland and I doubt I will drop over $100 to pick one up however I do like the road version. Too bad the Cubs and Sox could not co-promote the series and the SOX where the 1906 road blues when playing the Cubs in Wrigley. That would be cool!

Milw
02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
from the SOX?
Dude. We stole their name.

Besides, it's not like the letter C is the most intricate, creative logo in history. We can't exactly lay claim to a freakin' letter.

The Critic
02-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Maybe this is what Ozzie had in mind when he told Paulie to wear a "C" on his chest.

:D:

HAHA!! Nice!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Besides, it's not like the letter C is the most intricate, creative logo in history. We can't exactly lay claim to a freakin' letter.
Well to be fair, you have to admit the "C" logo is hardly unique to any team, least of all the Flubbies. Teams from Cleveland and Cincinnati have been using it as long as teams from Chicago, and they certainly have as much claim to it as the Lovable Idiots, too.

Hell, the Bears have a "C" logo that looks nearly identical to the Cincinnati Reds' logo. If that doesn't prove how stupid having a "C" for a logo is, I don't know what is.

shoelessjoe90
02-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I think i might buy it :)

35th&Florida
02-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Being a huge fan of throwbacks myself, I have to honestly say that these are pretty boring. But on a positive note, i think the celebration of the 100th anniversery is pretty dang cool. There are a TON of great throwbacks that the White Sox could bring out too.

1932 S_O_X bat and ball logo with pinstrips
1939 block S_O_X (zip up?)
1942 White Sox scriptBut I guess we'll just have to leave it to Mitchell and Ness to supply us with these. Speaking of M&N I spoke with them after the series, and all the unusual jersey that were made on a limited run for the 2003 All Star game are coming back to keep up with the popularity of the team, including new #'s for both the 1972 (the goose?) and 1977 (anyone other than fisk...PLEASE) uniforms. Plus the 1977 uniform will have a name on the back, where previously they didnt...