PDA

View Full Version : Trophy reminder for Champaign

mike squires
02-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Reminder to Chambana folks. Trophy will come to the U.S Celluler store at Marketview. I'll be sporting my Fisk jersey around 4:00~4:30.

jenmcm76
02-02-2006, 09:03 PM
I'll be there! Probably about 4:15, wearing my gray World Champs fleece. See you there!

IlliniSox4Life
02-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Hopefully I'll be there.

BRDSR
02-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Ya'll are getting there by 4:30? Is that a must? What would happen if I showed up around 6 or 7? The website says it will be on display from 5-8. Anyone who's been to any of the other showings, please advise. Thanks.

mike squires
02-02-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm guessing as long as you are in line before 8 you will get to see it. I was thinking it started at 4. I probably won't be there until after 5. I may be underestimating it but I don't think the line will be too incredibly long.

jenmcm76
02-03-2006, 04:12 PM
According to the White Sox website, they estimate how many people are in line, how long it takes per person, etc. Once the number of people in line exceeds the time left, they won't let anyone else in line. So just showing up before 8 won't necessarily get you in. On the flip side, it sounds like once you're in line, you're in. See you there!

mike squires
02-03-2006, 08:33 PM
My wife, 2 year old daughter and myself waited approx 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min...I knew my camera was low on battery and I can't find the charger. It started acting up but luckily got two pics. After the second pic it quit on him. That was a close one.

THey were asking trivia and I'm ashamed I didn't know some of the answers. Being a true Sox fan you would think I would know some of the answers.:(:

fusillirob1983
02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
I got a trivia question right... how many World Series has Ozzie won? Pretty easy, I know.

On another note, some reporter's boyfriend recognized me and knew I had a student organization at U of I. They interviewed me briefly and I might be on the news at 10pm on ABC, for those of you in Champaign. I'll have to look back at this and laugh, but I think one of my roommates might've been in the background making faces too.

IlliniSox4Life
02-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Something came up and I got sidetracked and couldn't make it :(:

Oh well, there's always this year at the cell.

mike squires
02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I got a trivia question right... how many World Series has Ozzie won? Pretty easy, I know.

On another note, some reporter's boyfriend recognized me and knew I had a student organization at U of I. They interviewed me briefly and I might be on the news at 10pm on ABC, for those of you in Champaign. I'll have to look back at this and laugh, but I think one of my roommates might've been in the background making faces too.

I think they used your interview, Robert??? You did a good job. It looked like a nice turnout for our third team in the city...

mike squires
02-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I went back just a few minutes till 8. there were only a few people left and I got to get a better look at it by not feeling rushed. I recommended whitesoxinteractive to a few folks standing in line. I wanted to shout it out but contained myself.

fusillirob1983
02-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I went back just a few minute till 8. there were only a few people left and I got to get ta better look at it by not feeling rushed. I recommended whitesoxinteractive to a few folks standing in line. I wanted to shout it out but contained myself.

Yeah that was me. My roommate was the guy in the blue shirt standing in the background looking around, and someone from my dorm freshman year was in the shot of 8 people or so getting their picture taken with the trophy.

mike squires
02-03-2006, 10:50 PM

actually that question is kind of decieving...he won won with Florida...did they say one or two???

I was proud of my wife. She remembered he played for Houston when they asked where Blum game from. Of course she was wrong but she did a good job trying. My mind goes blank at moments like these.

fusillirob1983
02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
actually that question is kind of decieving...he won won with Florida...did they say one or two???

I guessed two, because of the Marlins. I almost blurted out one right away but then I stopped myself.

IlliniSox4Life
02-04-2006, 01:12 AM
I think they used your interview, Robert??? You did a good job. It looked like a nice turnout for our third team in the city...

There was a section in the Daily Illini with a "Ask James Augustine" section (the bball teams forward for those of you who dont know). Somebody asked the question "James, are you a Cubs or a Cardinals fan?". He replied "Sox." It made me :smile: