PDA

View Full Version : New Score Advertisement - Sign of things to come -- or just Highly inaccurate.

CPditka
02-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Listening to the Score in the AM while flipping thru the channels on the way to work, I have caught the same commercial trying to pump people up for the upcoming Sox season.

It talks about how the Sox have workhorse pitchers...

And then the announcer proceeds to list 5/6ths of our rotation... notably leaving off Jose, and including McCarthy.

Is it:
A) the Score is this dumb, which I presume.
B) they know Kenny is shopping Jose much harder than we do, and dont expect him in a Sox Uni come April, and dont want to redo the commercial.

Thoughts?

By the way, this is rampant speculation, thus Whats the Score.

HotelWhiteSox
02-02-2006, 09:44 AM
I think most would bet their degrees on A

WSox8404
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I think most would bet their degrees on A

Yeah I would also bet A. Any station who has Murph on the air everyday seems to be a bit dumb.

CPditka
02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Yeah, thats pretty much what I thought. I hope the Scores coverage of the Sox turns out to be more than an Ozzie/Paulie (media darlings) lovefest and then back to talking about the Cubs.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Is it:
A) the Score is this dumb, which I presume.

http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/images_music/carpenters_01.JPG

We've only just begun

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65887

Score - Podsednik to open in CF, Anderson in LF as heard during SoxFest.

Reality - Kenny Williams when asked who will be in CF at SoxFest on Saturday responded Anderson without hesitation.

http://art1.dc1.sonixtream.com/logos/tuner/alogo_wscr-am.jpg = The Bruce Levin standard of broadcasting.

In other words, the :bs: network.

The Critic
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Score - Podsednik to open in CF, Anderson in LF as heard during SoxFest.

"as heard at SoxFest" = Score producer says it to Score "reporter" at SoxFest.

AM1000 is not the greatest station in the world, but it's 1000x better than SCR.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
The Score:

Shill for the Cubs, OR Else.

White Sox Randy
02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Do you guys think this is true ?

I just heard on the Score that Gload will start at first base with a Konerko/ Thome platoon at Dh.

Rooney4Prez56
02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Maybe I need to listen to the Score more often. I haven't heard that commercial. If that's true, I hope its a mistake. Jose was one of the main reasons we won the Series.

munchman33
02-02-2006, 12:23 PM

I just heard on the Score that Gload will start at first base with a Konerko/ Thome platoon at Dh.

haha

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2006, 12:30 PM

I just heard on the Score that Gload will start at first base with a Konerko/ Thome platoon at Dh.Don't even joke about that. We'll be triple-tomato before you know it.

scottjanssens
02-02-2006, 12:37 PM

Damn, It must have only been a dream that Manuel was fired...

SoxFan76
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM

:dtroll:

Not everyone falls for your games. Sorry bud.

SOXSINCE'70
02-03-2006, 06:59 AM
The Score:

Shill for the Cubs, OR Else.

I would have gone with

Support Cubs,OR Else.:angry:

Thank God for Sirius radio!!:cool: